ADVERTISEMENT

The Carters

When are you going to start? All I ever hear from you are likes and echoes .

Well now that you mention it, I have had a couple posts on this thread today, one an article(I like to do research on the Devils,) and the other more opinion. I appreciate you monitoring me though.

Again since you brought it up and got a little personal, about all I ever hear from you is how awesome the next class is going to be. I would say you are the board's resident cheerleader.

OFC

Haha, I like you even lifted that one, especially my Pom Pom line. Good stuff. I don’t monitor you, I just automatically know you’re next, right after a recruitment post.

Well now that you mention it, I have had a couple posts on this thread today, one an article(I like to do research on the Devils,) and the other more opinion. I appreciate you monitoring me though.

Again since you brought it up and got a little personal, about all I ever hear from you is how awesome the next class is going to be. I would say you are the board's resident cheerleader.

OFC
We're ALL cheerleaders, aren't we? Don't fight, men.
OFC

But now that you’re online, who DO we drop? We recruited to many 5 stars, gimme a hint what you’re thinking. Or call Mac and let him tell you what you’re thinking.

I mean gosh, Mac, you don’t think we needed Bagley and we have to many new recruits this year, is it unfair to ask who we shouldn’t have taken? I just wanna know.

Hurry with your answers , I’ve got a Hold’em game tonight.

Hart, you don’t think our incoming class is awesome? Am I the only one?

No not at the Skillet, that’s just an imaginary place me and sky’s made up, we never really talked to recruits there.

I mean gosh, Mac, you don’t think we needed Bagley and we have to many new recruits this year, is it unfair to ask who we shouldn’t have taken? I just wanna know.
Now Show. We were doing so well. I really don't want to argue with you about Duke basketball. It's over your head anyway sir. :rolleyes:

We’ve been doing well because I haven’t responded to your 20 or 30 jabs at recruits, K and such. Just kinda silly, I’m getting tired of all the private messages about all the bs. I guess my only alternative is to truly block you two, I’ve never wanted to do that to a poster, always wanted to give them a chance. But before I block ya, can ya just tell me who we should and shouldn’t have taken this year? Just that.

Hart, you don’t think our incoming class is awesome? Am I the only one?

No question its a dynamite class. I just wish we had more developed leadership returning. We saw last year how difficult it was for 4 freshmen to adapt to the Duke defensive scheme. I just refuse to get OVERLY optimistic about next year at this point. As good as the last two classes have been, we've still lost 17 games over that span. Hey we're spoiled by K's success, and the last two years have been somewhat disappointing when you look at pundits preseason expectations.

OFC

Reactions: Showenuff
No question its a dynamite class. I just wish we had more developed leadership returning. We saw last year how difficult it was for 4 freshmen to adapt to the Duke defensive scheme. I just refuse to get OVERLY optimistic about next year at this point. As good as the last two classes have been, we've still lost 17 games over that span. Hey we're spoiled by K's success, and the last two years have been somewhat disappointing when you look at pundits preseason expectations.

OFC

That’s a good post. But would you say, basically, it’s a disappointment EVERY year if we don’t win it all ?

No cat fight. I want to understand how Bagley hurt us. I want to also know , if we took to many 5 stars, who are they suggesting we shouldn’t have taken.

We’ve been doing well because I haven’t responded to your 20 or 30 jabs at recruits, K and such. Just kinda silly, I’m getting tired of all the private messages about all the bs. I guess my only alternative is to truly block you two, I’ve never wanted to do that to a poster, always wanted to give them a chance. But before I block ya, can ya just tell me who we should and shouldn’t have taken this year? Just that.
No one has been disrespectful all day, that is until you got on here with your usual fire. Honestly, I'm not sure about our recruits this coming season. Yeah, I have always wanted no more than 2-3 one and done's. Hope it works out with all four. The difference between this season though and the last few are, and pay attention here big fella, is we have vewy vewy little experience on the roster, so maybe this elite talent coming in can offset that.
Good luck in your activities tonight sir.

Reactions: ioliva
That’s a good post. But would you say, basically, it’s a disappointment EVERY year if we don’t win it all ?

No I wouldnt say so. In fact the most gratifying year to me since the '15 natty was the '16 team. Considering Amile's foot injury that team OVERACHIEVED simply making the Sweet 16. I do think at Duke given K's REMARKABLE SUCCESS we are somewhat spoiled, and considering our high expectations annually a Final Four is a definite achievement.

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
No cat fight. I want to understand how Bagley hurt us. I want to also know , if we took to many 5 stars, who are they suggesting we shouldn’t have taken.
No fighting. I would hope that you would respect my opinion on Duke basketball, as well as I should yours. We don't agree here. That's fine that you want all you can get. I think it hurts chemistry. I stand by my claim, and I would love to have seen the team we had up til August of last summer play as a group all season. Plus our bench would have been better prepared for this season. We were pretty strong before Bagley, and look at Allen's numbers without him. Again, I think Bagley is a good kid, but I think adding him put K in a situation he had never been in. Two dominant bigs, and that affected Duval as well.

Hehheh , oh Mac. You’re a piece of work my friend. I’m glad we took Bagley. I like the incoming class. Sure, I’d like to throw in a senior Christian Laettner and Grant Hill in there with them but alas, that just can’t happen. Night fellas.

Show, to avoid the aggravation of others private messaging you about what I say that frustrates you, here's my email. Be glad to give you my cell number, or to whoever is bothered, and we can discuss over the phone. Just trying to make it easy on you my friend.

mcntires@gmail.com

Last edited:

OFC

4 freshman didn't have trouble learning to play our M2M defense. 1 frosh was completely lost, and 1 senior was largely ineffective at playing the M2M d. We then switched to a D that hid the deficiencies of the afore mentioned lone frosh, as well as the 1 senior.
Our returning leadership next year, is, at worst, a lateral move from the returning leadership we had going into last season.

4 freshman didn't have trouble learning to play our M2M defense. 1 frosh was completely lost, and 1 senior was largely ineffective at playing the M2M d. We then switched to a D that hid the deficiencies of the afore mentioned lone frosh, as well as the 1 senior.
Our returning leadership next year, is, at worst, a lateral move from the returning leadership we had going into last season.

Hmmm....Patrick I enjoy your posts because they are well thought out. I would TOTALLY agree w/you about Bagley(assume thats your reference point). Unfortunately even the zone AT TIMES (Kansas game) could not camouflage his deficiencies on D. However I think Grayson was COVERING UP at times for Bagley and others, SPRINTING to get a hand in the face of wide open shooters!

That zone (2-3) often morphed into a 4-1 and the corners were MOST VULNERABLE per against the Jayhawks.We can also agree to disagree about the leadership issues. I simply feel had Grayson's shot fallen it would have afforded us a chance in the Final Four, because GA had EXPERIENCED a FINAL FOUR, and that would have worked to our advantage.

Thks buddy-

OFC

If Grayson’s shot had gone, it would have been awesome, but I still think Nova would have murdered us. They just had it.

If Grayson’s shot had gone, it would have been awesome, but I still think Nova would have murdered us. They just had it.

Maybe "they had it," but I can't say "they would have murdered us." Had we beat Kansas, we would have been riding a huge crest of momentum, and you have certain other components in place: K's success in final fours (winning 3 of his last 4), and a kid in Allen who had been there.A DETERMINED Allen to WIN and bookend his career with nattys....

OFC

But we had all those kids who hadn’t been there, it’s what you and Mac drone on about every other post. Don’t you think Nova would have won due to all the veteran players?

Reactions: jwill133
Don’t you think Nova would have won due to all the veteran players?
You said "murdered." Furthermore I didn't say we would have "won," I merely indicated some factors I felt were in OUR FAVOR heading on to the FF...I believe we would have brought more to the table at that point than Kansas. Never thought I would see you say we would have gotten "murdered." Disappointed....

OFC

But we had all those kids who hadn’t been there, it’s what you and Mac drone on about every other post. Don’t you think Nova would have won due to all the veteran players?
Thought you had blocked us big fella.
What's with the obsession with me? I sent you my email.
Btw, Nova did win it all. Glad you caught that.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Show, I'm not sure Duke would have been able to beat Nova, they really shared the ball as well as I've seen a team do in quite a while.
I don't think they would have "murdered" us though, like you said.
Duke had too much talent to get blown out, but Nova was a better Team.

Soooo, we could have won. With all that young talent? See now we’re getting somewhere. This is good.

I said I was going to block you after you answered the question, as usual, you didn’t.

And dude, I get tired of hearing you cry HERE, why would I want to continue on email? That’s just silly. I consider blocking and you offer up more conversation? You’ve suggested it 20 times, we’ve recruited to many one and dones this season. WHO do we pass on? It’s no trick question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT