ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Amile and Matt

Just don't shoot Matt unless you're gonna make right guys. :) OFC

Loved amile since he signed and I've come to respect Matt a ton! Thank you guys for giving us ALL you had and even an extra year! Let's win 1 more ring!!!

Other than his shooting, dribbling and passing, it's really hard not to love Matt Jones, he's definitely at the top of my list of guys I'm glad graduated.

Two great kids. Will especially miss Amile... Always loved him, especially since he gave me one of my favorite Duke moments... The triple take in the Bahamas or wherever it was when that Ms Whatever walked by:)

Other than his shooting, dribbling and passing, it's really hard not to love Matt Jones, he's definitely at the top of my list of guys I'm glad graduated.
This has no place here. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I have yet to meet a Duke Law or Business grad with any class. When we played Fuqua in IM baskerball as an undergrad, I remember thinking they were all scumbag egocentric jerks. I hate painting with a broad brush, because there are good corporations and law firms out there, but comments like these are very telling. You bash a player that helped us to a title on senior night. Pathetic.

Thank you seniors!

The defense that Matt and Amile provided in the NC game were crucial and helped get us #5.

Reactions: skysdad
My favorite memories(to date) of these two:

Amile: Utah Sweet 16 in 2015, our young guys are noticeably nervous & Amile comes in to dominate the boards and play suffocating defense. Also, locks down Kaminsky for 8 mins in national title game.

Matt: Monster offensive performance vs Gonzaga in 2015 Elite 8. Dancing on the podium with Justise after winning the NC.

When their careers are over, like them or not, they got the most out of their talents. Not every kid can say that.

Thanks Matt and Amile, you honored the Duke name and legacy. Now finish strong!

I cannot put into words how much it means to me as a fan to have dedicated 4 (or 5) year players in our program. It's everything I love about college basketball.

Go Duke!

Alan

You saw the coaches hugging Amile and Matt after they came out. You can see how much they meant to them AND the Duke program. I'm gonna miss those guys.

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
The idiots happy they're graduating are going to be some of the first people that wish they were back next season. The important of glue guys in the rotation is evident on every level of competition in basketball. These two guys are the definition of Duke basketball. They will be missed tremendously!

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
This has no place here. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I have yet to meet a Duke Law or Business grad with any class. When we played Fuqua in IM baskerball as an undergrad, I remember thinking they were all scumbag egocentric jerks. I hate painting with a broad brush, because there are good corporations and law firms out there, but comments like these are very telling. You bash a player that helped us to a title on senior night. Pathetic.
Just stop. I was having fun. Matt has a heart of gold and I'll always love that about him.

I have never been a big fan of Matt Jones to say the least but he still put on a Duke uniform for 4 years so I have to respect that. Thank you for what you did against Gonzaga.

Amile, thanks for always playing hard and giving everything you had. My best memories of him will be the enthusiastic and playful post game interviews he always gave. Always a must watch for me.

The one thing I love the most about these two. Two more seniors graduating and hanging that diploma in there homes right beside the big National Championship ring they both earned at Duke. I love seeing seniors leave with that ring strapped on that finger. Best of luck with all of your dreams and goals. I have a feeling they will still be running up and down the court somewhere between here and abroad.

Matt hit 2 big corner 3's his frosh year against Alabama when the game was tight iirc....2 guys that will def be missed and much more appreciated when they are gone...I am still missing seeing Lance Thomas at the top of the key pressuring pgs

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT