ADVERTISEMENT

Sit Amile and Grayson

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
if they are hurt like it seems I'm in favor of taking our chances these last two game (even though we probably lose) to get them healthy! These two aren't worth flame outs. If they both had two weeks off 2 heal we could make a serious run!

Reactions: Dad2ze
if they are hurt like it seems I'm in favor of taking our chances these last two game (even though we probably lose) to get them healthy! These two aren't worth flame outs. If they both had two weeks off 2 heal we could make a serious run!
I don't think so, everytime Duke has a week off they struggle so I think having not played that long they would struggle coming back. I think you are damned if you and damned if you don't. Nothing seems to be going our way this year. It is just one of those years

Reactions: sheyduke
Not a bad idea with or without them we may very well loose the next to making it a 4 game skid and based on out ACC tournament seeding we can also lose. Let's not forget we lost to NC State at home, we squeezed by Wake Forest twice who is a decent team and nearly lost to Clemson the types of teams we will face based on seeding.

Health is key. We need Grayson and Amile healthy for any chance at a deep run. Im glad K shut Grayson down and hope he can do the same for Amile.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
pisgah101, good post, and very interesting question. Couple of things to look at here: If there were no chance to get into the first four spots (double bye), I would rest them both and go all in for the NCAAT, because without the double bye, Grayson and Amile probably won't make it through the ACCT (just too many games in a row), let alone NCAAT.
Now, "K" is thinking about this scenario right now, and probably discussing with his Staff. My gut instinct tells me that if Grayson is ok Tuesday, he will play, but Amile will sit this one out. Since it is Senior night, Amile will probably start and take a seat at the first time-out. It will be put on Giles & Bolden to carry the post area, and that's not a bad thing. Time to shine Harry!
The reason I think Grayson will play (if he does) is that there is still a chance (with help) that we can still get one of the four top spots. I'm not being pessimistic, but I don't believe we can win either of the last two games without him.
Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion & gut feeling and will probably happen just the opposite of what I have said :)! This is why "K" makes the Big Bucks, and I can tell you, he wants to finish strong as much or more than we do, I know that.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
pisgah101, good post, and very interesting question. Couple of things to look at here: If there were no chance to get into the first four spots (double bye), I would rest them both and go all in for the NCAAT, because without the double bye, Grayson and Amile probably won't make it through the ACCT (just too many games in a row), let alone NCAAT.
Now, "K" is thinking about this scenario right now, and probably discussing with his Staff. My gut instinct tells me that if Grayson is ok Tuesday, he will play, but Amile will sit this one out. Since it is Senior night, Amile will probably start and take a seat at the first time-out. It will be put on Giles & Bolden to carry the post area, and that's not a bad thing. Time to shine Harry!
The reason I think Grayson will play (if he does) is that there is still a chance (with help) that we can still get one of the four top spots. I'm not being pessimistic, but I don't believe we can win either of the last two games without him.
Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion & gut feeling and will probably happen just the opposite of what I have said :)! This is why "K" makes the Big Bucks, and I can tell you, he wants to finish strong as much or more than we do, I know that.
Go Duke!
OFC
Giles showed an amazing performance on the boards Saturday. I think he's starting to show who he really is. If he can improve offensively that will be another weapon along with Luke, Allen, and Tatum that can score. You add Frank and Amile to the scenario and things just got interesting. Harry has to bang though when he's down low.

Maybe this team had been stringing us along to win the whole thing.

Reactions: pisgah101
Here's more..
https://t.co/0xnFGdP61t

“I think every game will be more of a game-day decision,” Krzyzewski said. “Our hope is to play them. But if the result of whatever we are practicing with them they are not responding as well then we would keep them out. But our goal is to play them. I hate to be ambivalent about it. I wish there was more certainty. But it’s been that kind of year.”

Rest both of them and play the youngsters against FSU. Get everyone ready for unx, ACCT, & NCAA.

I am thinking more or Bolden, Javin, Vrank, and more Jackson. Javin is too good of an athlete to not play at all. FSU has bigs and Duke does too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT