ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread: Duke Vs Boston College

I'll watch the replay later and comment. We grew up a bit today. Whether that is enough remains to be seen. But we won. Off to the gym to work off some stress.

Remember guys... Lively has a "great motor" 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Who ever said that ? Biggest two concerns with Lively was always his offense and his motor . Matter of fact all scouts had that as a concern . His ability to not show up in games .

Reactions: Devilinside
I know it'll never happen just like Brad Stevens will never happen, but Chris Beard would be perfect just about now lol

Reactions: pisgah101
Roach in a boot is probably not good. And we don't look like a top 25 team at the moment. But I'll take the win. Proctor needs to step up and he did a bit today. Blakes is good but is not ready to start. Whitehead, Mitchell, Flip and Young with solid games.

It’s a win. But oh my, are we really bad right now. I know we didn’t have Roach, but Proctor and Blakes were a combined 3-13, with 4 assists.
This reminds me of the 95 team. We had Cherokee Parks, but our guards were bad.

We all need to pray Roach can come back soon, and be our leader, cause we sure don’t have one right now.

I’d also like to have a conversation with who ever rated Lively.

I think with Roach out it's Proctor, Whitehead, Mitchell, Flip and Young as the starters. Other boards have been ruthless with Lively which is why I defended him. Kid didn't rate himself.
Yes, Lively certainly did not rate himself and it puts pressure on an 18/19 year old kid. I've been hard on him as well but he is the worst top recruit I can ever remember He or that big kid Kentucky had in like 2016.

Roach in a boot is probably not good. And we don't look like a top 25 team at the moment. But I'll take the win. Proctor needs to step up and he did a bit today. Blakes is good but is not ready to start. Whitehead, Mitchell, Flip and Young with solid games.
Huh? Really? Going almost 10 minutes without a basket? There were no solid games out there, except maybe Whitehead in the first half. OFC

Well Jon, time to earn that big paycheck today. :)
If we go down 10-0 I'm going back to binge watching Yellowstone.
I've been a cheerleader for Grandison, but he's been quiet lately. He needs to step up today. With Roach out him and Young are the only guys who played in college last year. (Blakes didn't play)
It's time Schutt got Grandison's minutes. Today proved it.

OFC

I didn't see the game lol. Just going by the box score. A loss would have sunk the season so I'm just relieved. Next up Pitt and at Clemson, another big test.

Last edited:
It’s a win. But oh my, are we really bad right now. I know we didn’t have Roach, but Proctor and Blakes were a combined 3-13, with 4 assists.
This reminds me of the 95 team. We had Cherokee Parks, but our guards were bad.

We all need to pray Roach can come back soon, and be our leader, cause we sure don’t have one right now.

I’d also like to have a conversation with who ever rated Lively.
We did not have a real leader when Roach was in. OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Hopefully we build a little confidence for Pitt. Being at home is huge this year in the conference

I mean yeah we almost gave the game away but BC didn't take it. That's on them.

Less turnovers. It's progress. If Whitehead makes that dunk it's over. Believe me, I am aware we are not playing at a high level right now. Lots of things to work on.

I dont see a team with any cohesion out there...on either side of the court. We had 54 pts with just over 10 mins to go and just imploded on both ends. No intensity to stop BC and no resilience to score on the other end. JS needed to call a time-out and get them into something resembling an organized team on both ends...we didnt change our defense once, we didnt run an offense consistently...thats on JS. He isnt managing games well at the moment...and the talent isnt enough to allow us to just freestyle our way to wins because we are error-prone when we have to make decisions with the ball. Lucky to win in the end as BC had a rough patch scoring too. Nothing in this game was overly encouraging.

It’s funny . Everyone used to get on me for getting on Grandison. My favorite line when he committed to Duke was, what does he bring that Schutt can’t given time . Some said shooting. Some said leadership. I never believed the defense one .
I’m all with letting Schutt snd Reeves getting some of Grandison and Livelys minutes off the bench . They can’t do any worse .

It’s funny . Everyone used to get on me for getting on Grandison. My favorite line when he committed to Duke was, what does he bring that Schutt can’t given time . Some said shooting. Some said leadership. I never believed the defense one .
I’m all with letting Schutt snd Reeves getting some of Grandison and Livelys minutes off the bench . They can’t do any worse .

Yes! Let them have the time at least see what they can do.. it can’t be worse

That and it’s time to stop with the substitution patterns . They aren’t working . That I can agree is on Scheyer. You keep the starting line up you started with today while Roach is out .

Reactions: Devilinside
I just wish Proctor could be stronger with the ball. I'm guessing the Aussie league must be rather passive. Hopefully he'll learn.

I'm disappointed that no one is mentioning that Mitchell played like a man the entire game. He seems to be the one guy who we can trust to play hard at both ends and not lose the ball every other time down the court. I'm really impressed by him.

Agree with the Schutt vs. Grandison comments. I'm not impressed with Grandison's game when he isn't making shots.

When Flip spins in the lane my blood pressure rises. Can't stand the fact that he hasn't learned after 16 games.

Still hoping for improvement every time out and maybe today was the first step. after all, this BC team was good enough to beat Cornell by two. :(

Grandison has played well, just not consistently. He needs to give us more. Not sure putting Schutt in and getting even younger is the solution. I agree on Mitchell he is probably my second favorite player after Young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT