ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a 3 man class cam,stones and rj. Think duke assumes will lose 6 guys. 2019 lineup
1.stones
2.rj
3.tucker
4.cam
5.javin

6.vrank
7.alex
8.jack

Lol! They literally thought they had a shot at Bagley even though he never took an OV there. They think everyone is going to pick uk and when they don’t pick uk they were terrible and overrated anyway.
Well Bagley is pretty bad...I kid, I kid. We are doing ok recruiting wise, just need to hang another banner soon

I like how everybody kinda writes off Javin. I don't.
I don't think anyone is writing Delaurier off, or Vrank either. Everyone sees how deep we are this season, and we all see that as of now, those 2 are only bigs for 18-19 season. I like these 2 kids. It's early though and sure staff will add at least one capable big.
Delaurier will be solid for this team and a good leader when he's a junior

You have a right to your opinion but I don't get how someone can be your favorite player that you have never seen play.

So I never saw him in HS in VA? I've never seen open practices? I've never seen him in d1 action? I can't also like him because of his energy and passion for the game?

Your post was, well, moronic (as are any likes including thedude1). Apologies if this seems aggressive but I guess it's one thing when you copy and paste the UK board here, but then another when reach like you did above.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
So I never saw him in HS in VA? I've never seen open practices? I've never seen him in d1 action? I can't also like him because of his energy and passion for the game?

Your post was, well, moronic (as are any likes including thedude1). Apologies if this seems aggressive but I guess it's one thing when you copy and paste the UK board here, but then another when reach like you did above.

Yeah, you're being a dickhead but good for you. Glad you enjoyed his high school career so much. Now stop F'ing with me. I was a lot more civil in my post than you were, Mr. Defensive.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
And I will stop posting things from the UK board since you hate it so much. I am just having fun and showing the absolutely asinine, and hilarious things, being said. My apologies.

Yeah, you're being a dickhead but good for you. Glad you enjoyed his high school career so much. Now stop F'ing with me. I was a lot more civil in my post than you were, Mr. Defensive.

Dickhead is civil? Lol, awesome.

I asked you four questions, you didn't answer one, yet I'm screwing with you? And again, stick to high school only. He's never played one minute for Duke? Oh, wait, never mind. He's my favorite current player for Duke, with Bolden being a close 2nd. I guess by your logic though, only Grayson could be my favorite since he's the only guy on the roster with significant minutes. Btw, Ewing is my favorite all-time Duke player but maybe he can't be because he didn't have much of an NBA career?

Last edited:

I asked you four questions, you didn't answer one, yet I'm screwing with you? And again, stick to high school only. He's never played one minute for Duke? Oh, wait, never mind. He's my favorite current player for Duke, with Bolden being a close 2nd. I guess by your logic though, only Grayson could be my favorite since he's the only guy on the roster with significant minutes. Btw, Ewing is my favorite all-time Duke player but maybe he can't be because he didn't have much of an NBA career?

Uhhh... So Cal... love you and all... but Jav, followed by Marques? Your favorites? Like... on the current team? That's a bit... well... out there:)

Again, based on his rationale none of the new guys can be my favorite as I've never seen them play. So explain, how is that out there? I'll wait. ;)

They just seem like odd choices, you know?

Javin hasn't played much at all. Seems like a really good kid from the behind the scenes videos.

Marques has actually been a bit disappointing, and on top of that is super quiet and doesnt seem like a character.

So how do they beat out Grayson? Because of Grayson's nonsense? I'd even get Vrank, who is sort of a "less heralded but still works hard" guy?

Javin hasn't played much at all. Seems like a really good kid from the behind the scenes videos.

Marques has actually been a bit disappointing, and on top of that is super quiet and doesnt seem like a character.

So how do they beat out Grayson? Because of Grayson's nonsense? I'd even get Vrank, who is sort of a "less heralded but still works hard" guy?

Whys it odd? It's his opinion let him have it. It's not exactly "out there" if you think about his reasoning that he already explained

Welp, you now have the most moronic post in this thread. Congrats on that. Stop reaching man, seriously. I'm done replying to you on this; have a great Sunday.

Pisgah, thank you my friend, and apologies to the rest of y'all for clogging this page up my calling these clown comments out!

Go Duke and go Jav!

Reactions: pisgah101

Nope, Ewing had a very good DUKE career so that counts. And RR obsession? Maybe, but it is just sooo damn entertaining. Hey, you like what you like. Guess I am easily amused.

Welp, you now have the most moronic post in this thread. Congrats on that. Stop reaching man, seriously. I'm done replying to you on this; have a great Sunday.

Pisgah, thank you my friend, and apologies to the rest of y'all for clogging this page up my calling these clown comments out!

Go Duke and go Jav!

Uh, wtf? Why are you suddenly being a giant dick to me? I wasn't being mean or taking shots or anything... I was just asking about your favorites, and asking why a guy like Javin or Marques, two guys without a lot of history or visibility, over a guy like Grayson? Why did you suddenly get all aggressive and defensive?

Lemme help.

When I think of my favorite Dukies, I go to Nolan Smith.

Great ball player, four year guy, AA, who won a title at Duke, sure. All that is part of it.

But also a captain, a funny guy, a caring guy, a guy we saw on a million videos, a guy who is beloved by all, both Dukie and not, a guy who stays connected with Duke years later, a guy who is now on staff, a guy with a really important backstory and then subsequent connection to Quinn... there is a lot that goes into it.

I was merely wondering why two relatively unheralded and frankly unknown guys.

No need to be so crazy harsh about it.

And yeah, Ewing being your all time favorite Dukie is also odd. Nothing personal, man, but it is. Loved Daniel, but he was a SUPER quiet and reserved kid and not a kid who really opened up a lot, and also not a guy known for stuff beyond the court. So him over, say, Grant, who was not only a phenomenal talent but also such a cerebral man who is such a Duke icon? Or Shane, the epitome of the Duke student/athlete who has been so out and open, who has shared so much do his life with us (from what it was like being of mixed parentage growing up in basketball to what it took for him to last in the NBA...). Sorry man, but those are somewhat out there picks for favorite current player and favorite ever player. No need to get all strange and angry about it... instead, try just explaining.

Last edited:
So...do we know when in the fall Barrett plans to make a decision?
I believe I read somewhere that he wants to have his decision made before his basketball season starts and he’s going to make his announcement in November

He will either put on a Duke hat, pull out a Duke jersey, or have some awesome video showing him and Duke. 1 of those 3 things will happen in early November.

Uh, wtf? Why are you suddenly being a giant dick to me? I wasn't being mean or taking shots or anything... I was just asking about your favorites, and asking why a guy like Javin or Marques, two guys without a lot of history or visibility, over a guy like Grayson? Why did you suddenly get all aggressive and defensive?

Lemme help.

When I think of my favorite Dukies, I go to Nolan Smith.

Great ball player, four year guy, AA, who won a title at Duke, sure. All that is part of it.

But also a captain, a funny guy, a caring guy, a guy we saw on a million videos, a guy who is beloved by all, both Dukie and not, a guy who stays connected with Duke years later, a guy who is now on staff, a guy with a really important backstory and then subsequent connection to Quinn... there is a lot that goes into it.

I was merely wondering why two relatively unheralded and frankly unknown guys.

No need to be so crazy harsh about it.

And yeah, Ewing being your all time favorite Dukie is also odd. Nothing personal, man, but it is. Loved Daniel, but he was a SUPER quiet and reserved kid and not a kid who really opened up a lot, and also not a guy known for stuff beyond the court. So him over, say, Grant, who was not only a phenomenal talent but also such a cerebral man who is such a Duke icon? Or Shane, the epitome of the Duke student/athlete who has been so out and open, who has shared so much do his life with us (from what it was like being of mixed parentage growing up in basketball to what it took for him to last in the NBA...). Sorry man, but those are somewhat out there picks for favorite current player and favorite ever player. No need to get all strange and angry about it... instead, try just explaining.

Wait, you're a teacher and failed to see my points above? Scary.

Daniel Ewing is a friend of my cousin so I knew him, but that deserves explaining? He was 4 years, FF, and 3 sweet 16's, but I guess that's not enough for your brilliant theory?

Yea, you're reaching yet again. Keep up that comprehension.

Wait, you're a teacher and failed to see my points above? Scary.

Daniel Ewing is a friend of my cousin so I knew him, but that deserves explaining? He was 4 years, FF, and 3 sweet 16's, but I guess that's not enough for your brilliant theory?

Yea, you're reaching yet again. Keep up that comprehension.

You are one angry mofo... shot after shot, instead of just... you know... discussing Duke ball with fellow Duke fans. Because *gasp* I said that Marques was a "somewhat odd" choice for current favorite on the team, and asked for more info. Very offensive. Whatever makes you happy, I guess?

And sure, Marques being a favorite over Grayson makes total sense. So does Daniel (who I love, but...) over Grant, Shane, Bobby, Trajan, Art, Jon, Kyle, Johnny, Tommy, Nolan, and all the rest. How couldn't I see that, especially when you never mentioned knowing him? Hm hm. Clearly I was wrong, and you were right, and you totally explained your points clearly.

o_O

Last edited:
And btw, you better be a Duke grad, lecturing me on reading comp.

Seriously dude, enough. People are allowed to have favorites that don't meet your criteria. Ewing is in my top 5, it's not unusual at all. The best player on a team doesn't have to be everyone's favorite. He gets to have his favorite like you do yours. Doesn't make one person's favorite better, more logical, or more appropriate. It just makes it different.

So, back to Barrett in the Barrett thread. It would be great to get this kid. I'd like to see 2 superior wings on the floor like Parker-Hood.

He will either put on a Duke hat, pull out a Duke jersey, or have some awesome video showing him and Duke. 1 of those 3 things will happen in early November.

I like this news also.

Seriously dude, enough. People are allowed to have favorites that don't meet your criteria. Ewing is in my top 5, it's not unusual at all. The best player on a team doesn't have to be everyone's favorite. He gets to have his favorite like you do yours. Doesn't make one person's favorite better, more logical, or more appropriate. It just makes it different.

So, back to Barrett in the Barrett thread. It would be great to get this kid. I'd like to see 2 superior wings on the floor like Parker-Hood.

Uh, I asked why. That's literally it. I wasn't taking shots, I never said he cannot have a favorite, I wasn't being a dick. I used a smiley face AND said "love you" to make it clear I wasn't being a dick. I said I get that Javin seems to be a good kid from the behind the scenes stuff we've seen, and said we hadn't seen a lot from Marques to move him into "favorite" territory. SoCal was saying Javin's passion was why, I think? So I asked why not Grayson (who has a TON of passion, has been here a long time, and has gone through a lot)... is it about the tripping? I specifically referenced that it wasn't all about what happens on the court. SPECIFICALLY. And never ONCE did I say he cannot have a favorite... where on earth would you even get that?

Then SoCal went crazy with personal attacks and this and that... moronic, stop reaching, etc etc... instead of just EXPLAINING. You know... like an adult would.

And yes, there IS a certain logic to favorite players. That's why Bobby Hurley and Shane Battier and Nolan Smith get picked a LOT, whereas Dave McClure and Carmen Wallace and Brian Hill don't get picked as often. What, I can't ask about that?

Ffs, we can't ask someone about it when they name their favorite players without said person getting so damn sensitive? Come on now, that's ridiculous.

To make this 1000 percent clear:

SoCal can have any favorites he wants. It does not matter to me in any real way, except that we share an interest in Duke basketball.

I was genuinely asking for more information from him about why these particular guys are at the top of his respective favorite lists.

I wasn't looking to offend by saying his choices were "odd." If it helps, I wish I had used "non traditional," or "unusual."

That's it. Just looking to discuss Duke ball. Nothing more. I know if someone asks me "Wait, explain why Shane is your favorite all time Duke basketball player?" I'm happy to write paragraphs about it.

And I'd still be happy to read an explanation. I like talking Duke basketball with people.

To make this 1000 percent clear:

SoCal can have any favorites he wants. It does not matter to me in any real way, except that we share an interest in Duke basketball.

I was genuinely asking for more information from him about why these particular guys are at the top of his respective favorite lists.

I wasn't looking to offend by saying his choices were "odd." If it helps, I wish I had used "non traditional," or "unusual."

That's it. Just looking to discuss Duke ball. Nothing more. I know if someone asks me "Wait, explain why Shane is your favorite all time Duke basketball player?" I'm happy to write paragraphs about it.

And I'd still be happy to read an explanation. I like talking Duke basketball with people.
Do you think Barrett ends up at Duke? Also do you think Duke needs another big?

Reactions: dukephysics
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT