ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did his AAU coach go on the visit with him this time too? If so then I wonder if he might say that the visit was just alright because after the Kentucky visit RJ Barrett said in an interview that his visit was alright then his AAU coach said that it couldn't have gone better.

On a side note, that link requires a membership to read it

Reactions: Quavarius
Did his AAU coach go on the visit with him this time too? If so then I wonder if he might say that the visit was just alright because after the Kentucky visit RJ Barrett said in an interview that his visit was alright then his AAU coach said that it couldn't have gone better.

Yea I just saw the tweet and had to post. Didn't notice the membership link! Sorry about that.

I believe it was just his parents with him. Visit went well, I think Duke is the leader at this point.

He said that his UK visit was alright but Duke was 10 times better. He said our facility made Kentucky look like a community college and Calapari was kind of a jerk and his cologne smelled like Sex Panther, which really stings the nostrils. He said he felt quite sure if Duke didn't already have #6 by the time he got there, he was gonna lock it up. At least, that's what I like to believe he said.

He said that his UK visit was alright but Duke was 10 times better. He said our facility made Kentucky look like a community college and Calapari was kind of a jerk and his cologne smelled like Sex Panther, which really stings the nostrils. He said he felt quite sure if Duke didn't already have #6 by the time he got there, he was gonna lock it up. At least, that's what I like to believe he said.

Dammit - the Sex Panther cologne has me worried because 60% of the time, it works every time.

Reactions: Showenuff
Anymore news? He will be done with his visits in a month. Is there a time frame?

Have to think Oregon taking Louis King today may make Duke an even bigger favorite. Can no longer argue that he's the only wing that they're taking and it's really interesting that they took King's commitment the day before Barrett arrives at Oregon. They either know they're getting RJ or are convinced he's going elsewhere. Otherwise, you tell King to wait a week to announce.

Not sure that is true. Cam committing to Duke has the same impact as King to Oregan.
I’m not sure about that because I read an article where RJ said that he could see him and Cameron playing together. If RJ commits before Zion then that could have an impact on where Zion goes. If RJ commits to Duke then that could make Zion decide to commit somewhere else since both RJ and Cameron would be at Duke or if RJ commits to Kentucky then that could also make Zion decide to commit somewhere else or wherever RU commits might not have any impact on where Zion commits...if RJ commits to Duke then it could make Zion decide “hey they’ve got RJ, Cameron and Tre Jones, I want to be a part of that too”. Like I’ve heard numerous times..it’s hard to know what 17-18 year old kids are thinking

Let's be honest. There are two teams that could pull off getting the top two players at their position and that's Duke and Kentucky. Don't see Zion and Barrett on the same team at Duke or Kentucky and Oregon doesn't have the recruiting history and status to pull off getting two 5* SF IMO. I thought RJ had a very real chance at ending up at Oregon and have said as much. Just think bringing on King the day before RJ's official will push Oregon into 3rd place in RJ stakes. Before King announced, thought they were tied for first with Duke before his OVs at Duke and Oregon.

Guess we will see soon enough.

Thinking about all of this is exciting. Just adding one of RJ or Zion would be great and make the team more competitive for the season. With that said, there needs to be some focus on getting a quality big. All the bigs that are identified may not be high on Duke. Who, if any, are the next targets should Duke not land the currently recruited & offered bigs?

Reactions: dbav
Keep Vrank and Javin happy and we have 2 bigs who will be fine.

Maybe Bolden who knows.

Need one or two more who can be sleepers who will be around for 3+ years and we'll be fine with the talent at other positions.

Keep Vrank and Javin happy and we have 2 bigs who will be fine.

Maybe Bolden who knows.

Need one or two more who can be sleepers who will be around for 3+ years and we'll be fine with the talent at other positions.

Right! There is a reason the staff didn't go after any elite 2018 BIGS. It wasn't that many good ones anyway. Maybe best to wait until 2019, where we can probably get 2, since Vrank will have graduated.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Hell, as good as Wendell loves academics, maybe we'll get HIM for 3 years, lol

Lots of people whispering in my ear that it's not gonna happen with Zion but I'm not writing him off just yet. He REALLY seems excited when he's around campus or talking Duke.

Unless Bolden is really quick and shows a ton of improvement, I could see him coming back for a 3rd season. Duke hokie brought up him as a possibility to return. I still say the guage for him to use is Okafor. Great college player, yet too slow at the next level. Hard work could add millions to Bolden if he stays. But then again, if he shows good quickness and range at least out to 15 feet, he is probably gone come April.
We are kidding ourselves thinking Vrank and Delaurier are enough.

From what I've been reading (twitter and other boards) seems much more likely for us to get Barrett than Zion. If I had to pick, I'd choose Barrett.

Well, this is a bit disappointing... chatter that Garland ship has sailed, and Zion looking less likely. That makes Barrett a must.

Well, this is a bit disappointing... chatter that Garland ship has sailed, and Zion looking less likely. That makes Barrett a must.
Lol relax. We already got 2 top ten players and most guys haven't committed yet. We're Duke, we will get Barrett and then another five-star or 2 to go along with some lower rated multi-year guys.

Lol relax. We already got 2 top ten players and most guys haven't committed yet. We're Duke, we will get Barrett and then another five-star or 2 to go along with some lower rated multi-year guys.
2nd this with multiple exclamation points. When you have 20% of the top ten players in the class nothing is a must. Not to mention we'll have a bunch of 4 star sophomore, jr, and seniors behind them. We'll be more than fine.

Yep not worried in the least!

A lot of UK fans seem to try and act as if Barrett AND Zion to them is already a foregone conclusion. Talking about crazy ass lineups like Quickley, Barrett, Zion, Bol Bol, and whoever the fifth FRESHMAN would be...Lol.

A lot of UK fans seem to try and act as if Barrett AND Zion to them is already a foregone conclusion. Talking about crazy ass lineups like Quickley, Barrett, Zion, Bol Bol, and whoever the fifth FRESHMAN would be...Lol.
Lol! They literally thought they had a shot at Bagley even though he never took an OV there. They think everyone is going to pick uk and when they don’t pick uk they were terrible and overrated anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT