ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure which particular pejorative is better. Puke or dUKe. Neither is particularly clever... slight edge to the latter, I suppose. Regardless, it just speaks to how ruined they were by that game in 92.
Yea it gets old. I hear it virtually all during basketball season. Gets very annoying after a while. Lol

RJ may very well pick Duke tomorrow. It would be a mistake to go where a guy with a similar skill set is playing. Look what happened to Briscoe for UK. What ends up happening is Reddish gets viewed as a second rate prospect (or Barrett) directly compared to a guy at the same position on the same team.

Then UK gets Keldon Johnson and Zion. Mix in our returning 5 star guys as well as Quick and I'll take the Cats in the end.

RJ may very well pick Duke tomorrow. It would be a mistake to go where a guy with a similar skill set is playing. Look what happened to Briscoe for UK. What ends up happening is Reddish gets viewed as a second rate prospect (or Barrett) directly compared to a guy at the same position on the same team.

Then UK gets Keldon Johnson and Zion. Mix in our returning 5 star guys as well as Quick and I'll take the Cats in the end.

If you keep saying that to yourself over and over, you'll eventually believe it... which should help you sleep at night.

If that doesn't work, you can always go over to the next holler down the road and score some Xanax!

Reactions: mbdfan
Did you really just try to compare Briscoe's situation to Barrett & Reddish?? Two guys who are really good friends and very open to playing together. Both are going to be lottery picks. Briscoe was overrated from the jump.
Where is foot out of bounds Briscoe these days?

To quote one of our posters, “lmao, lol, lol lol lol”

There is another post on there from just YESTERDAY about wanting the ref, Higgins, dead.....I've never seen a fan base that wanted so many people dead!!! The truly sad part is, I don't think they are kidding.
The UK fans would eat Duke alive if given the chance. Oh, I forget! you need teeth to eat don't you.

I get your points. And, they’re not invalid. It’s all about chemistry. Can they subordinate their respective egos and play for the name on front of the jersey? That’s Krzyzewski’s job... to coach them to play like a team. That’s the job of the team captain, to help them develop into a cohesive force in real-time on the court and deliver in-the-moment feedback. But... to play devil’s advocate (pardon the pun), let’s say that they learn to compliment one another. That’s just a very scary thought. Not to mention Duke will have one Hell of a point guard. Everybody looks better with a great PG. Food for thought.

Reactions: Dattier
I don’t understand the whole argument “Reddish and Barrett can’t/don’t want to play together because they’re similar players” because if you look at Rivals, Barrett is listed as a guard and Reddish is listed as a forward, so to me it just doesn’t make sense that so many people think that 2 players that play different positions can’t/don’t want to play together just because they have playing styles

You, a uk fan, will take the cats over Duke? Stop the presses!!...News flash!!

I don’t understand the whole argument “Reddish and Barrett can’t/don’t want to play together because they’re similar players” because if you look at Rivals, Barrett is listed as a guard and Reddish is listed as a forward, so to me it just doesn’t make sense that so many people think that 2 players that play different positions can’t/don’t want to play together just because they have playing styles

They’re assuming their egos can’t mesh. As has been stated... welcome to the big leagues! Ironically, this nonsense is being perpetrated by fans of college teams who also have tons of talent, with difficulty meshing huge egos aplenty. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

We get Barrett you get Johnson lol
We get bagley you get Knox lol

Tell you what guys. If RJ does pick Duke tomorrow can we not mention those guys? I think it can easily be done. I remember the days where it seemed like everyone we wanted to come was going elsewhere. Then Kyrie committed and everything changed.

Got to love these Kentucky idiots that are now saying Barrett should choose UK because we already have Reddish. However, they don’t see it as being an issue if Zion, Keldon Johnson and Barrett all commit to UK even though many consider all 3 players SFs.

It’s just a problem if Barrett and Reddish play together at Duke. Also, found this pathetic article from a UK sports writer who was basically begging folks to give him quotes saying they have a chance despite a Rivals, 247, and ESPN all have R.J coming to Duke.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article183772721.html

Has Cal tweeted out the proverbial "everyone can't play at Kentucky" tweet yet? ;)

Reactions: jwill133
UK fans know that they are coming up a bit short trying to reload every year. Bigs on short supply last year. This year an elite pg and not enough shooters maybe. Plenty of good athletes, but need experience somewhere out there. Next year they might get some guys back and add missing pieces so they are taking elite 5* players very seriously.

Y'all nervous yet? You should be..

See you in an hour or so.

Where you at Dream Team 13. Maybe now you realize that your mods on the Kentucky boards are worse predicting stuff that weathermen. When we get Zion also, will really enjoy watching the meltdown on Rupp Rafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT