ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

Based on that article his stock is sliding into the second round. We will see what kind of feedback Trevor gets. This could go either way. SI has him at 25.
Could Timme come back? He has one year left and he's not on any mock drafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Based on that article his stock is sliding into the second round. We will see what kind of feedback Trevor gets. This could go either way. SI has him at 25.
Could Timme come back? He has one year left and he's not on any mock drafts.
Timme declared to get feed back. I think he has always planned on coming back .

Reactions: christophero
Trevor hits a few open shots in a video and it’s “he’s league ready!”, coulda used some in the tourney tbh
“League ready” is a commonly used term. It’s about potential, not league ready. You might have 3 guys in any draft that are truly league ready. Took Ingram 5 years to carve himself out into what he could be.

Keels struggled for sure in the tourney but he played very well in the final 4. More than you could say for a few others.

NC State signed DJ Burns from the portal. Big South Conference Player of the year. Averaged 15 points in only 20 minutes per game. Apparently his conditioning is poor and he fouls a lot. Listed at 6'10", but looks 6'7" and 260 to my eye. Two years of eligibility remaining. Stunning numbers. Can't believe I've never heard of him

NC State signed DJ Burns from the portal. Big South Conference Player of the year. Averaged 15 points in only 20 minutes per game. Apparently his conditioning is poor and he fouls a lot. Listed at 6'10", but looks 6'7" and 260 to my eye. Two years of eligibility remaining. Stunning numbers. Can't believe I've never heard of him
I heard that. That is a big pick up for them. I'm curious to see who signs Lofton Jr. That guy is a load.

He was at Tennessee. No pt under Barnes. He wanted to prove himself.

Reactions: geddoughton23
He was at Tennessee. No pt under Barnes. He wanted to prove himself.
I think perhaps you mean Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. He was a top 30 prospect. He transferred from Tennessee to Louisville recently. He's a good rebounder and could become a very good player. I suspect that Tennessee coach Rick Barnes isn't fond of him

DJ Burns played three years, all of them at Winthrop. He transferred to NC State today

I think perhaps you mean Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. He was a top 30 prospect. He transferred from Tennessee to Louisville recently. He's a good rebounder and could become a very good player. I suspect that Tennessee coach Rick Barnes isn't fond of him

DJ Burns played three years, all of them at Winthrop. He transferred to NC State today
I looked at my post again. Sorry I wrote it like I know anything. I had never heard of Burns before today. I I only know of Huntley-hatfield because I have a theory never to recruit or hire people with hyphenated names . I looked for him when Tennessee played. He has potential. Rick Barnes didn't trust him. He has good size, but isn't quick and appears to be lazy

Reactions: sheyduke
Interesting that Jon mentioned that Duke was wanting to add experience to the frontcourt through the portal. He didn't mention the backcourt.

I agree Green would be a great plan B. Keels is definitely trending towards leaving, as Green's visit, Keels not doing 5 on 5 at the combine, Keels being on first round mock drafts all seem to point towards him staying in the draft. Also seeing Trevor at the NBA lottery last night did not seem like a guy who was returning to college. I'm really glad we're not waiting til the end of the month on Green.

I agree Green would be a great plan B. Keels is definitely trending towards leaving, as Green's visit, Keels not doing 5 on 5 at the combine, Keels being on first round mock drafts all seem to point towards him staying in the draft. Also seeing Trevor at the NBA lottery last night did not seem like a guy who was returning to college. I'm really glad we're not waiting til the end of the month on Green.
Chris I will be shocked if Trevor returns at this point.

OFC

Today’s Mock Draft has Trevor going to Raptors w 2nd pick in 2nd round. Back up to Trent?
Williams and Moore going to Spurs. PB going to Houston at number 3. Like to see Charlotte trade their first 2 picks for PB.

Reactions: christophero
Get another transfer! We have another scholarship. Maybe Baker thought Keels was gone, and Green was the last straw PT wise. If we get Green we are still 10 deep, 11 with the other freshman big man. The more I think about this Baker probably thought Keels was leaving.. So he could get more PT. But then we get Green, so less PT. Green hasn't announced yet, but it sure sounds like it.

Last edited:
On one hand it's sad, as I like Joey and I like having seniors. But on the other hand, we need to make our team as good as we can, and getting Green (if we got him) makes our team much better. And we'd still have 3 seniors and a junior.

Now everyone is sad Joey is leaving lol

we can’t ever keep the bad players at Duke

I wanted Joey back I always liked him but I get it.. big things must be coming over the next couple weeks..

On a side not when Joey decided to come to duke then come early I said on here he would end up being another Alex murphy… one particular poster that may have started his own board had a few choice words for that prediction… I think sadly the only part I was off on was how long it took joey to leave

Should have played Baker on senior night.
& many other occasions as well. He just wasn’t the shiny new object, so he didn’t have the appeal others did. He could’ve helped way more than he did if given the chance. Heck, Brady Manek would’ve sat at the end of that bench because he wasn’t a 5 star.

& many other occasions as well. He just wasn’t the shiny new object, so he didn’t have the appeal others did. He could’ve helped way more than he did if given the chance. Heck, Brady Manek would’ve sat at the end of that bench because he wasn’t a 5 star.
Manek could reliably hit shots. Joey couldn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT