ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

Anyone know about that Ethan wright kid from Princeton in the article? Says he made seven 3's in a game twice this season

If Moore and Keels both leave, we'll need another guard.

Nijel Pack and Mark Sears (Ohio) are the two best available guards in the portal at this point. Both are smaller, similar in stature to Roach. So, that part makes me a little cautious. Playing with two small guards can create a lot of mismatches on the defensive end. But, they're playmakers. Would be hard to pass on either guy if they were interested.

I fully support Duke looking at the portal, if they’re going to keep doing the one and done thing then they have to have more experience on the roster. It’s not a coincidence that the experienced teams are the ones mostly getting it done late in the dance.

Can the Kansas State guard play with Roach? He is a high level guard, I hope this doesnt mean Roach is gone. Probably does mean Keels and Moore are gone.

Unknown. Blakes hardly saw the floor after Christmas, so he either loves Duke or Jon needs to sell him that he will play.

Reactions: jnastasi
He is. Plays really hard nosed D, can drive, good passer, and hits the 3 consistently. A great player for off the ball. I think he would be a steal.
Agreed. YouTube’d a couple of his games and he is the real deal. Definitely will want to go somewhere he can get 30 mpg (I guess they all want that). Roach is pretty much 30+ mpg next year as well so dunno how that would work. He looks like he plays better off the ball though. If the idea is to funnel everything to Lively or our bigs on D, then he would fit in on that side too even with Roach. Would be a huge pickup.

The guy from St. Peter's, Doug Edert, the one with the mustache, is in the portal. He scored 20 against Kentucky.
He had a great tourney. 9.5 ppg for the year in the MAAC is meh. Also, that stache makes him a quirky fan favorite when you're playing for a scrappy underdog; at Duke, he'd suddenly be the next in a long line of most-hated by opponents' fans, joining the likes of Grayson, JJ, Dahntay, Wojo, Laettner, etc. He's worth pursuing if just to troll all the haters. lol

I'm fully in favor of mining the transfer portal. It's the next evolution in recruiting.

The first two Princeton players listed -- Llewellyn & Wright -- both seem like good fits by the eye test: degrees from rigorous academic school, maturity, just one year left, backcourt, 3pt shooting, overall scoring.

• Haha
Reactions: johnl1219
My first instinct on Pack is 17 points a game next to Roach equals an elite backcourt. I saw a camera angle of Roach next to Caleb Love and there wasn't a 3 inch difference there. Less than 2. My point being they played two smaller point guards and it worked. Also see Duhon and JWill. We will have elite rim protection, so more perimeter firepower would be great.

Reactions: christophero
We need bring in couple up classmen that know how play defense. We will never win championship with o a d they don't know how to play defense

2015 championship team says hello! '18, '19, and '22 all right there. '20 had a legit shot but there was covid. It's hard to win a championship.

2015 had more experience. I suppose Zions team did as well, but none of the leaders. Whatever the reason, those games like UNC where we just hope they miss where we can't get stops are usually a loss.

2015 had more experience. I suppose Zions team did as well, but none of the leaders. Whatever the reason, those games like UNC where we just hope they miss where we can't get stops are usually a loss.
People forget the 15 team was built different than the teams the next 4 seasons. Our lone recruited oad was Okafor. Blended with upperclassmen that played great roles. The Bagley team couldn’t spell defense, and had too many alphas. The Zion team couldn’t shoot, and Cam wasn’t what we needed.

It’s a never ending argument, but the results so far prove experienced solid players have been on every title team.

Reactions: christophero
So is there any other transfer guys we’re looking at or this just turning into another thread where everyone gets off topic and discusses their favorite team like half the other threads lol

So is there any other transfer guys we’re looking at or this just turning into another thread where everyone gets off topic and discusses their favorite team like half the other threads lol
I heard Eric Bledsoe is available

Has it been announced if Duke is looking into the transfer portal, or is it just message board talk?
It’s also kind of hard to know who’s available really, isn’t it? The season just ended.

Is 27 year old Cam Johnson still in college? Maybe we can get him. Or Nasir Little if he’s still sitting at the Draft table

Reactions: QC Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT