ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

You know, I was thinking on my walk that Jon needs to be really aggressive on the transfer market assuming the guys we expect to leave leave. The fact that he is pursuing this Broome guy tells me he is. 6-10, 235, averaged 17 and 10 as a freshman. I'm sorry but F this guaranteeing spots/minutes to one and done guys. Bring in transfers and make them compete. That is the only way this team can be great. And the only way we will be competitive with the team down the road next year. There is no Zion/Banchero on next year's team. make these guys earn their spot.
Spot ****ing on, Chris.

More than enough minutes for another big. 80 minutes between the 4 and 5 spot. That's 30, 25, and 25. As good as Mark was this year, how many games did he play more than 25 minutes? And, saying nobody on next year's Freshman group is gonna get Paolo like minutes is certainly no slight.

Reactions: christophero
I am assuming that Jon is selling transfer prospects on the idea that he will be playing more people than Coach K did, at least until the tournment.

Duke must be careful with the portal. Using a baseball analogy, Bates and John were brought in to 'advance the runners, not hit home runs'.

When you look deep into this year's portal it's free agency at its best. These young men are looking for short - term results, under their desires and intent...not the team.

PB and Mark needed John and Bates to improve their games. This year's team was a NT team. We, DUKE, best ourselves.

Do the fans want a 'homerun hitter that cost' or a reliable 'utility guy'? We have Flip, Lively, Mitchell, Reeves and Borden that require mentoring and leadership.

Reactions: christophero
Bleed, got another two I tried this weekend . One by R&D brewery called seven Saturdays and one from Dirt bag Brewery out of Fayetteville, NC called orange kolish

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Bleed, got another two I tried this weekend . One by R&D brewery called seven Saturdays and one from Dirt bag Brewery out of Fayetteville, NC called orange kolish
I have found two I like from Two Pitchers Brewery. Radler Blood Orange w/ Grapefruit and another one with Watermelon w/ Lime. Great for a warm day while mowing or out lounging by the pool. If you're lucky enough to have a pool. I'll be out in the lawn chair with the water hose this summer.

Some guy named Big Blue Drew is starting rumors that Timme will transfer to Kentucky and pull out of the draft. RR has a thread up and running. This seems highly unlikely to put it kindly.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Leaky Black . Love is probably gone but I see Davis coming back as well .

Leaky Black . Love is probably gone but I see Davis coming back as well .
Nope. They’ll all be back. And if Manik had another year he’d be back too. But Joey Baker did say he’s returning so guess we all set

Reactions: KDSTONE
On DBR there is this whole "Carolina won't be that good next year" thing going on. They will be the hunted. They did not play good earlier in the year. They lose the bearded guy. Good Lord. They will be loaded if Love returns. It's okay to hate them, but people live in denial.

It’s not being scared as much as it is getting our asses kicked
It ain’t happening, might not win but it won’t be n ass whipping . I think love leaves or atleast declares .

Last edited:
On DBR there is this whole "Carolina won't be that good next year" thing going on. They will be the hunted. They did not play good earlier in the year. They lose the bearded guy. Good Lord. They will be loaded if Love returns. It's okay to hate them, but people live in denial.

DBR is a bunch of clowns

I hope our guys make decisions to stay or go. While it is certainly their right to do so, Keels and Moore have a good idea where they will be drafted. If one or two of them test the waters, by the time they decide it may be too late to get a really good transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT