ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Gameball Duke Vs. UNC I

Tyus took over when Duke needed it the most. Duke looked down and out when they went down by 9 or more with less than 10 minutes

I voted Tyus but an argument could be made for a couple others. Justise was a big difference maker.

Okafor getting his bounce back in OT was CRUCIAL.
This post was edited on 2/18 11:53 PM by BluePhil

Had to be Tyus. Absolutely amazing young man that will be the key to how far we go in the Tournaments. With a shout out to Quinn Cook also.

JC-OFC

Jones did it at the end by our LEADER did it early and set the "rivalry" tone! Q!

Quinn was great on both sides of the floor, but the I still go with This. He showed grit.

I agree guys Tyus for sure

If you don't vote for Tyus this game you should be banned from ever voting again...that kid is a flat out winner and refused to let us lose

Originally posted by VaBlueDevil33:
I agree guys Tyus for sure

If you don't vote for Tyus this game you should be banned from ever voting again...that kid is a flat out winner and refused to let us lose
In that case, I vote for Quinn (both really). OFC

Tyus. Quinn was amazing and really helped to get us off to a great start but Tyus was amazing down the stretch. Quinn however is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. It has been a pleasure to watch him play this year

I voted Tyus last night and while he was incredibly clutch and vital for us last night, he also had 6 turnovers. Our PG having 6 turnovers is part of what made last night so tough.

Justise, on the other hand, my not have had the flashiest overtime, besides his HUGE rebound, but he pretty much was the reason we were even alive at all in the second half. big big big big game by him. And only 1 turnover. Justise gets my vote.

Ummmm, sure everyone of our guys were HUGE for us at different times but my God, if Tyus Jones doesn't get player of the game for singlehandedly getting us to OT with incredible drives , a huge 3 and hitting ALL his FTS then he can't ever win player of any game!

The 6 turnovers argument can be shot down by going back to one game as a point.

Remember the 10 points in 50 seconds single handed comeback Jason Williams made on Maryland in 2001?? He had one of the worst games of his career thru the first 39 freakin minutes, but would you ever consider anyone else for player of game?

It's what guys do with the game on the line, not at the 3:08 mark of the first half or something. Tyus tied UNC 11-11 in the last 7:30 or so of the game and he scored our last 7 or 9 points when we were dead.

Best PG since Hurley is in jeopardy of being too low of a compliment for him if he can get us a title.

This post was edited on 2/19 11:33 AM by shicashicu

Tyus was hands down the player of the game.

One play that isnt' being talked about though is the matt jones rebound, that rebound was absolutely huge. just another winning play he makes that you dont even remember.

I voted Tyus.

That said, Quinn was amazing too. His offense an defense were special last night. Tyus was big at winning time and that's ultimately what led me to vote for him, but he struggled for a stretch with some very careless passes.

And don't forget Okafor....he could hardly move out there. I just hope his ankle isn't really bad.

Tyus gets my vote! He showed his heart, he wasn't going to let us loose!!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT