ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Not Packers. Old AFL team that when that when the AFL and NFL merged they were in the AFC. The team moved and became another franchise under another name and are in the NFC. OFC

i was thinking cards too....but the another franchise under another name threw me.....a new city..St.Louis to Arizona or a new team name?

Not the Cards. They had back in the day a bruising running back. OFC

Both. Think of this. The Beverly Hillbillies theme song which has these lyrics. Black gold. Texas Tea. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Who won NFL Coach of the year in 1973, 1980 and 1984 for three different teams? His nickname was 'Ground Chuck' because he preferred to run the ball

Not Chuck Noll. He only coached the Steelers. And he loved passing to receivers like Swann and Stallworth. The Chuck I'm looking for is most associated with the Seahawks

College basketball is just around the corner (we hope!) and Duke has a chance to tie a record. Since the ACC instituted the Rookie of the Year Award in '76, Duke has had players win the award 3 years in a row on 3 different occasions. Bagley, Zion and Carey most recently claimed the hardware in '18, '19,'20. Give me the only school to have a player win top freshman 4 Consecutive years.....OFC

Last edited:
I think our pitchers were just thinking too much (scouting reports)...Intead of just playing for the most part tonight. That, and the strike zone was super tight. We just didn’t get any breaks before it got out of hand....baseball. We’ll be back with a vengeance tomorrow!...or the next day lol...hopefully:)

Bob Sura is correct. By the way, since Sura, the only white Rookies of the Year were Hansbrough in 2006 and Ed Nelson at Georgia Tech in 2002 I believe. Nelson transferred to UConn. Hart2 chesson is up!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bob Sura is correct. By the way, since Sura, the only white Rookies of the Year were Hansbrough in 2006 and Ed Nelson at Georgia Tech in 2002 I believe. Nelson transferred to UConn. Hart2 chesson is up!

ged thanks so much. Boy Bobby Sura was a smooth player. Staying with Rookie Of Year honors, Duke players have claimed the honor NINE TIMES over the last TWENTY YEARS. Most were One And Dones. Who was the FIRST Blue Devil to be selected TOP ROOKIE and declare for the NBA DRAFT? OFC

Great point on Singlet! I Miss his name when preparing the Sura question. He must have had a better freshman year than I remember because he is so high on the Duke Career Lists

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT