ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Doug DeCinces. I really disliked the 1979 Orioles. Mostly just didn't like the way they looked. Smug with bad moustaches. Not a good reason. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that DeCinces is the answer although he played shortstop too

Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera are the top two active players for Major Leagues Hits. Who is third among active players for hits?

Not Encarnacion. I double checked just now. Makes sense because it's his 16th season. He is ninth on the active list

I've been thinking about it and just can't come up with it. OFC

The only player I can come up with is Robbie Cano but danged it I don't think he's been playing long enough. I saw him as a rookie around 2005 but that's been 15 years. Time flies. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
Let's stay with Cano. Within 2 either way what is the most home runs Cano has hit in one single season? OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
A famous golfer was once told by a famous baseball player baseball was a harder sport to play. Yep, Ted Williams said baseball was tougher because "you have to hit a MOVING TARGET."

The golfer said nope "you don't have to go up in the stands and play your foul balls like I do." Story can be found long ago in the pages of "Golf Digest." Who was this famous golfer? OFC

Liftee is correct! Liftee is up! I'm not sure why Nelson was not fighting world war II. In 1945, Nelson won 18 times including eleven in a row

UCLA won its first national championship in 1964 beating Duke in the finals. Who were the two high scorers on that UCLA team?

Great guess ged! OFC

ged, sorry for my poor interpretation earlier! Please blame it on senility! I meant "great guess" because you were SO CLOSE on Ben Hogan. The golfer was not Hogan, who responded to Ted Williams...

A famous golfer was once told by a famous baseball player baseball was a harder sport to play. Yep, Ted Williams said baseball was tougher because "you have to hit a MOVING TARGET."

The golfer said nope "you don't have to go up in the stands and play your foul balls like I do." Story can be found long ago in the pages of "Golf Digest." Who was this famous golfer? OFC

Question is still out there, AND AGAIN FRIENDS my apology. I was just amazed (should not have been because @geddoughton23 is terrific in trivia), he was so close on the legendary name and era!

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT