ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

The Braves current streak is tied for the longest of all time. The Cubs share the number, and it took them most of the 20th century to do it

The Braves won yesterday to stop the streak. They lost nine series in a row since 2001. The streak is officially ten since they also lost a wildcard play-in game

Are you asking for the Duke, ACC or national record? OFC

Sorry. Didn't read my post. At work. I'm asking for the Duke single season Assists Record before Tommy Amaker set a new record. So just the Duke record

I was surprised , no shocked, when I pulled it from what appeared to be the official Duke site. It was awhile ago, back when the scorekeeper didn't hand out assists

I confirmed the number at college basketball reference. In the same year that he had over 250 assists, he also scored over 800 points

I'm hoping that skysdad checks back. He should get it. I will say that he was the greatest athlete ever at Duke. And he scored 48 points in a game against UNC

I looked it up. I started to pit his name down but for some reason I sneaked a peak. The thing about it is when we start thinking about all time Duke greats he is so easily forgotten. As far as former Duke athletes go he is as accomplished in the sports world as any Dukie ever. Even though he is associated with another ACC school he will always be a Dukie. I am ashamed that I do not mention him more. Ok this post should give it away. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
I looked it up. I started to pit his name down but for some reason I sneaked a peak. The thing about it is when we start thinking about all time Duke greats he is so easily forgotten. As far as former Duke athletes go he is as accomplished in the sports world as any Dukie ever. Even though he is associated with another ACC school he will always be a Dukie. I am ashamed that I do not mention him more. Ok this post should give it away. OFC

FABULOUS POST SKY!

OFC

skysdad is welcome to reveal the answer, and ask the next question. He was before my time. I knew that he was really good, but didn't know that he was National Player of the Year

Sorry!!!! Maybe I need glasses. Actually, I was distracted. I couldn't find my single car key. I have duplicates, but I feared that it was in the grass next to the car. I finally found it in the grocery bag

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
2006? I don't recall the Northwestern game. I used to bet on Duke games, particularly early in the season in the Franks era before gamblers would realize just how bad they were. Based upon what I see on ESPNU, East Carolina is awful. Incredibly slow on defense

2006? I don't recall the Northwestern game. I used to bet on Duke games, particularly early in the season in the Franks era before gamblers would realize just how bad they were. Based upon what I see on ESPNU, East Carolina is awful. Incredibly slow on defense

It was '06 ged! 0-12.......If we do not get things turned around.......yikes I shudder to think......You are up! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Edwin Moses is among the best Track athletes ever. He won the Olympics Gold Medal in 1976 and 1984. The US boycotted in 1980. What was his Event?

What former Cincinnati Bengal won a grammy for country music in 1984 ? OFC

Best question of the year, skysdad! MIKE REID!! A Renaissance Man! My cousin was pinned by him in a High School Wrestling Match. Ronnie Milsap performed ' Stranger in my House' and some other songs by Reid at the State Fair in the late 80s

Reactions: skysdad
Who was the Cincinnati Bengals QB in Super Bowl XVI? The game was played January 24, 1982. The QB was with the Bengals for his entire 16 seasons career. He was NFL MVP for the 1981 season

Speaking of the Miami Hurricanes, Which QB holds their single season passing yards record? Hint:. He's famous, not one of the recent no-names.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT