ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FSU Out For CF Playoffs

So Georgia got left out? Not sure I agree with that. They were #1 most of the year. I'd put them in over Texas.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Lose 1 game in 3 yrs by 3pts and win back to back national championships and drop to 6th best in the country? a total joke...FSU doesnt have the resume to get in...even undefeated...having a committee pick the "best" is subjective ...expanding to 12 will remove that and show that not all conferences are equal talent..not even close....be glad CBB has a 64 team field..and you get to earn it on the court vs have someone vote

Lose 1 game in 3 yrs by 3pts and win back to back national championships and drop to 6th best in the country? a total joke...FSU doesnt have the resume to get in...even undefeated...having a committee pick the "best" is subjective ...expanding to 12 will remove that and show that not all conferences are equal talent..not even close....be glad CBB has a 64 team field..and you get to earn it on the court vs have someone vote
FSU got hosed. All due to their QB situation. Yet 2 weeks ago, they beat Florida on the road with a backup.
Georgia has a right to be upset too. We can’t use the “4 best argument.” If that’s the case TCU shouldn’t have gotten in last season, and is Washington better than Ohio St this season?
I know Texas beat Alabama earlier, but they lost to Oklahoma. It’s why we have needed to expand for years.

I think they got it right to be honest. If Travis doesn’t go down, or could come back, FSU gets in. The goal is to get the best four teams while also considering full season accomplishments. Imho, they’ve done that. The argument against GA imo is they had a very weak schedule. Even the “3-0” vs top 25 teams, those teams really weren’t that good. What they did the previous two years has no bearing on this season. FSU has a legit gripe, I’m not sure GA does. Bama, who I hate, lost to TX earlier in the season, which allowed them to not only have time to show the committee improvement, but also a stronger strength of schedule. They also controlled that entire game against GA. They’ll also beat Michigan in the rose bowl.

I think they got it right to be honest. If Travis doesn’t go down, or could come back, FSU gets in. The goal is to get the best four teams while also considering full season accomplishments. Imho, they’ve done that. The argument against GA imo is they had a very weak schedule. Even the “3-0” vs top 25 teams, those teams really weren’t that good. What they did the previous two years has no bearing on this season. FSU has a legit gripe, I’m not sure GA does. Bama, who I hate, lost to TX earlier in the season, which allowed them to not only have time to show the committee improvement, but also a stronger strength of schedule. They also controlled that entire game against GA. They’ll also beat Michigan in the rose bowl.

FSU vs UGA....straight up...healthy on both sides...who you got? UGA would be favored by 2 scores. And do you know which conference voted NOT to expand the playoffs this year?...one guess...and FSU would have been in if they had voted yes..

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
I think Georgia is one of the best 4 teams. But they also had their chance yesterday and blew it. I have a feeling Texas may win it all; they have been red hot since losing to Oklahoma and Alabama is good but perhaps not a vintage Tide squad. Michigan has looked very good as well but they tend to stumble in these scenarios. I am rooting for my local Washington Huskies but I don't think they have the D to win it.

Last edited:
I think Georgia is one of the best 4 teams. But they also had their chance yesterday and blew it. I have a feeling Texas may win it all; they have been red hot since losing to Oklahoma and Alabama is good but perhaps not a vintage Tide squad. Michigan has looked very good as well but they tend to stumble in these scenarios. I am rooting for my local Washington Huskies but I don't think they have the D to win it.
Washington offense is lethal though...

Reactions: christophero
Yes I really like their QB. I was surprised Oregon was a 9 point favorite in the Pac 12 championship. Huskies felt disrespected.

Bama was one miracle play away from losing last week. Somehow they deserve that spot over FSU???

The ACC is officially no longer a P5 conference. It's every school for themselves moving forward. When the day comes your school can afford the buyout, you start contacting other conferences and begging for an invite. UNC, FSU, and Clemson already have their invites waiting. But I'd bet the Big 12 would jump on duke if you guys decide to leave.

Michigan will win it all.Best combination of offense and defense. Alabama almost lost to a horrible Auburn team on a miracle last play. I think the best game will be Washington vs Texas, Washington pulling it out in the end. I believe Texas best WR got hurt also. Both have great offenses though.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Michigan will win it all.Best combination of offense and defense. Alabama almost lost to a horrible Auburn team on a miracle last play. I think the best game will be Washington vs Texas, Washington pulling it out in the end. I believe Texas best WR got hurt also. Both have great offenses though.
Auburn is “horrible”? They’re #30 in the ESPN power ratings. That’s as intense a rivalry as there is and the game was played at Auburn.

Auburn is “horrible”? They’re #30 in the ESPN power ratings. That’s as intense a rivalry as there is and the game was played at Auburn.
They were blown out by New Mexico St the week before They did give Uga a good game this year though.
It’s always been tilted in favor of the Sec. this year uga won at Auburn by 7 and it was hailed as a “gritty road win”
FSU won at Clemson by 7 and dropped in the polls Espn controls too much of the narrative in cfb. Esp. that massive tool Herbstreet

How did they do at home versus their cup cake game New Mexico St. sometimes you can’t trust these power rankings. Lost 31-10, lol. That was supposed to be a gimme game the SEC always schedules the next to last week. Auburn is not a good football team and 6-6. Look at who they beat: Umass, Cal, Samford, Miss St, Vandy and Arkansas. Who is their best win?? Power rank 30, that’s funny. This is where things get misinterpreted and why they inflate the SEC. All their teams are bumped up a few spots to make the conference look better or validated it.

Bama was one miracle play away from losing last week. Somehow they deserve that spot over FSU???

The ACC is officially no longer a P5 conference. It's every school for themselves moving forward. When the day comes your school can afford the buyout, you start contacting other conferences and begging for an invite. UNC, FSU, and Clemson already have their invites waiting. But I'd bet the Big 12 would jump on duke if you guys decide to leave.

I would definitely go for that. I want no part of the SEC (not that the SEC wants Duke), and the Big 10+ is overrated and plays boring basketball. I think Duke competes well in the Big 12 and they play exciting basketball.

Florida State shouldn’t have been in even with a healthy Travis. Who do they beat out of teams in the top 4? They don’t. They don’t beat Georgia. They don’t beat Ohio State. They don’t beat Oregon. This was the issue all aiming with only 4 teams. Luckily that all changes next year.

Michigan has played noone... their schedule is laughable

Florida State shouldn’t have been in even with a healthy Travis. Who do they beat out of teams in the top 4? They don’t. They don’t beat Georgia. They don’t beat Ohio State. They don’t beat Oregon. This was the issue all aiming with only 4 teams. Luckily that all changes next year.
Everyone was saying Oregon and UGA would win their conference ch game. Neither did.
Ga had single digit wins against Auburn Missouri and Ga tech. They trailed South Carolina at the half. They aren’t the 85 Bears

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Everyone was saying Oregon and UGA would win their conference ch game. Neither did.
Ga had single digit wins against Auburn Missouri and Ga tech. They trailed South Carolina at the half. They aren’t the 85 Bears
Well both of those teams were left out too huh?

How did they do at home versus their cup cake game New Mexico St. sometimes you can’t trust these power rankings. Lost 31-10, lol. That was supposed to be a gimme game the SEC always schedules the next to last week. Auburn is not a good football team and 6-6. Look at who they beat: Umass, Cal, Samford, Miss St, Vandy and Arkansas. Who is their best win?? Power rank 30, that’s funny. This is where things get misinterpreted and why they inflate the SEC. All their teams are bumped up a few spots to make the conference look better or validated it.
Auburn's conference losses are at TAMU, at LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss and Bama. That's a brutal schedule. Only lost by 7 to Georgia, 7 to Ole Miss and 3 to Bama. That's better than the vast majority of other teams could do.

Auburn's conference losses are at TAMU, at LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss and Bama. That's a brutal schedule. Only lost by 7 to Georgia, 7 to Ole Miss and 3 to Bama. That's better than the vast majority of other teams could do.
That’s conference losses but you omitted the big one, New Mexico St. at home as a 25 point favorite. 6-6 is still not a good football team no matter your schedule and definitely not Top 30. Curious the teams they have them ranked ahead of?

After enduring the endless profanity directed at Grayson Allen in person in 2017 at Florida State I could care less about FSU. Go Huskies.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboSlice00
For those saying the 4 best teams should get in, what if they are all from the same conference? I mean, as good as the SEC is, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think that the 4 “best teams” in the country could all be in the same conference. Since that is ultimately what we are supposedly going for, you would be okay with all 4 playoff teams being from the same conference right? If not, why?

SEC has never had the four best teams in the same year. I know you were using that as an example but there hasn’t been one year since the playoffs started that one conference has had the 4 best. But now that we are moving to a 12 team playoff I will tell you that over half the teams will be from both SEC and Big Ten. This year a lone those two conferences would have had 10 of the 12 playoff teams. ACC would have had FSU and non power conference would have been Liberty. But since every Power 5 champ gets a spot the Big 12 would automatically get a team next year so would take potentially one of the SEC/Big Ten teams away.

SEC has never had the four best teams in the same year. I know you were using that as an example but there hasn’t been one year since the playoffs started that one conference has had the 4 best. But now that we are moving to a 12 team playoff I will tell you that over half the teams will be from both SEC and Big Ten. This year a lone those two conferences would have had 10 of the 12 playoff teams. ACC would have had FSU and non power conference would have been Liberty. But since every Power 5 champ gets a spot the Big 12 would automatically get a team next year so would take potentially one of the SEC/Big Ten teams away.
Is there a person alive who doesn’t think that Georgia was one of the four best teams in the country? My point is that the “4 best teams got in” crowd doesn’t really think the four best teams got in.

The only one you could put Georgia in for would be Alabama and they lost to them. Sorry Georgia doesn’t belong in the playoffs this year. Texas beat the team that beat them so can’t take them out. Also I wouldn’t replace Michigan or Washington either. The four they have in are the four best teams. Head to head should matter. Can’t go by name/conference or past history.

The only one you could put Georgia in for would be Alabama and they lost to them. Sorry Georgia doesn’t belong in the playoffs this year. Texas beat the team that beat them so can’t take them out. Also I wouldn’t replace Michigan or Washington either. The four they have in are the four best teams. Head to head should matter. Can’t go by name/conference or past history.
I’m simply referring to the “4 best teams” argument. So are you saying that because Alabama beat Georgia, that alone makes them the better team? Any team that beats another team is automatically better than them?

I’m simply referring to the “4 best teams” argument. So are you saying that because Alabama beat Georgia, that alone makes them the better team? Any team that beats another team is automatically better than them?
Yes that is usually how it works especially since they all are 12-1 and none of them have bad losses. If you beat that team aren’t you better than them?? What is the sense of playing the games if you don’t reward the teams that win them?? If that the case what do you go by recruiting rankings, most pro players, better coach, past history, which conference you come from? The whole season has to matter. And in this case you have three teams that have that play each or one way or another between Texas, Alabama and Georgia. Texas beat Alabama in Alabama. Alabama beat Georgia in SEC championship game. How could you put Georgia in our either of those two? Then you have to compare Georgia against Michigan and Washington. I believe in my opinion Michigan is better than Georgia this season. They both played similar schedules with very weak non conference. Washington, I believe played in maybe the toughest conference this season and are 13-0. I couldn’t take them out either. This all my opinion some might have different opinions though. If the committee wanted the four best teams in stead of most deserving they got it right. The only change possible was between Alabama and FSU. The choose Alabama due to FSU QB situation.

I’m confident you don’t really believe this. Unless you think that UMBC was a better team than #1 seed UVA when they beat them in 2018.
So Uva should have advanced anyway? Because they were the “better team”? Too often in fb the better team is thought to be simply the one with the tradition and most NFL talent. It’s too much of a beauty contest anyway.
Everyone slobbers over uga but the last two games they beat Ga Tech by 8 and lost the last game. Not sure they are one of the best 4 esp with an injured Bowers and Mcconkey
Their def line is nowhere near as good as it has been. Missouri ran the ball well as did Bama. Michigan would as well as would Texas.
Ga hasn’t separated itself from the top 4. They had until the last two games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT