ADVERTISEMENT

One on one basketball.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
OK let's try this. Of all the college basketball players that have played in the ACC who would like like to see play one on one. Here are rules.

1. Only one set of players per post. This gives other posters a chance to pick their favorites but gives you a chance to run up your own post count by picking other players on a new post.

2. Games are to 21. No make it take it. Win by two.

3. No calling your own fouls. A player like Tyler Hansbrough or big luke maye would be calling fouls every possesion. Would need an experienced ACC official calling these games. T.V. Teddy Valentine would probably do it for free if it were televised.

Match ups should be fun. Keep in mind this. Players picked that were in the ACC years ago should be considered in their prime for example if I had picked Bob Verga vs. Bobby Hurley it would as if we're in their college playing age days. Also pick your winner.

For my first one on one I'm going to put our own Jack White up against big luke maye. I think Jack takes him. Jack is more athletic, stronger and keep in mind that big luke maye is going to have to earun everything instead of getting all the calls. Jack gets the win.

OFC

Last edited:
Josh McRoberts vs. tyler hansbrough just to see who really is the best. I'm going with Josh simply because hansbrough would get called constantly for traveling, flopping and fouling. Besides Josh was better anyway. OFC

Last edited:
Michael Jordan vs. David Thompson while both in their prime. I think David wins. Would be fun to watch either way.

OFC

I was gonna put up the same match up. I believe that game would go on forever. I think Jordan wins because of his better all around game but if Thompson won it no surprise. I think it would be that close. OFC

Reactions: tison31
How about Hurley vs. Wojo. Talk about two guys going at it. It would be like two brothers out on the carport hoop. I think because of his better scoring Bobby would win it. Both would be bruised and bloody and would come close to fisticuffs and bystander joel berry or is it jOel starts trash talking both of them they jump and whip berry's raw rear end right in front of hof coach roy williams and johnny tarheel swofford. OFC

Here's one for a standing room crowd. big luke maye vs. tyler hansbrough. It starts out well enough but just like that for no reason Tyler grabs the ball (which is his. ) He said he wouldn't play unless they used his ball and says " He's getting all the calls, he's flopping, taking steps and fouling the crap out of me, mama take me home. " luke stands there confused but does manage to say " but I was a walk on and still made All - American. " I will take a forfeit anyday. Who's next. zeller? Bring your flopping nasty carcus out here." OFC

You know it's possible some thr guys are reading this thread and it's passing them off enough to start a thread poking fun at some of us. Thing is we can't see it. We can't see anything that post about us . We are all banned. LOL .OFC

O' Roy vs K

That would be something to see. I can see it now . 1st. possesion goes to Coach K. Rocks breaks scissors. Couch K does a cross over ,360, spin , step back jumper from 25 feet and nothing but net. hof fame coach roy williams has a bad case of vertigo and is wondering all over the place and has to forfeit. OFC

Len Bias vs. james worthy. unc cheater u fans seem to think worthy is the best power forward or 4 to ever play in the ACC. I don't have much of a problem noting that he was very good but Bias was the best. Bias wins on his quickness and better athletic abibilty. OFC

Len Bias vs. james worthy. unc cheater u fans seem to think worthy is the best power forward or 4 to ever play in the ACC. I don't have much of a problem noting that he was very good but Bias was the best. Bias wins on his quickness and better athletic abibilty. OFC

Bias may be one of 3 best ACC players I've ever watched...yes youngsters he was THAT good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT