ADVERTISEMENT

Official sweet 16 day one thread.

Ucla is the team I am rooting for. Their guard Singleton can play after spraining his ankle the last game. How hobbled he is will determine if they can beat Gonzaga. If Gonzaga wins I will cheer for them, but I won't lose any sleep if they lose.

That is a tough sweet 16 matchup for UCLA. If they didn't lose Clark they would have beaten Arizona and been a one seed.

Once Duke loses, I generally lose interest for the rest of that weekend. Then I often switch to rooting against UNC, UK, & Kansas. Well, that can’t happen this year.

Anyone but UCONN or Tennessee. UCONN would tie us with 5 titles if they get another. And Tennessee for obvious reasons.

Boy did Alabama get some help. The highest seed in their region is 5 seed San Diego State.

For some reason yahoo has been linking a lot of Tennessee basketball articles out of Knoxville. It is telling the comments from Tennessee fans. Blasting Bilas for his comment how he is a homer Duke alum (if a person watching a cheats-Duke game, who did not know it, was asked who Bilas was an alum of, they would not hesitate to say the cheats). But anyway, he didn’t attack Tennessee. He said that the refs let too much go. Which about any ref but those 3 would agree with. Now their knickers are in a twist because of the Australian football comments. BRILLIANT move by the FAU coach. Tennessee has to be scared because they know if they play like they did against Duke, NO ONE will come to their defense. Against the “evil empire”, it was just Duke getting its “just desserts.” Against FAU, that ain’t gonna work. That tweet by Gottlieb, who comes across as anti Duke, is very telling…

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
For some reason yahoo has been linking a lot of Tennessee basketball articles out of Knoxville. It is telling the comments from Tennessee fans. Blasting Bilas for his comment how he is a homer Duke alum (if a person watching a cheats-Duke game, who did not know it, was asked who Bilas was an alum of, they would not hesitate to say the cheats). But anyway, he didn’t attack Tennessee. He said that the refs let too much go. Which about any ref but those 3 would agree with. Now their knickers are in a twist because of the Australian football comments. BRILLIANT move by the FAU coach. Tennessee has to be scared because they know if they play like they did against Duke, NO ONE will come to their defense. Against the “evil empire”, it was just Duke getting its “just desserts.” Against FAU, that ain’t gonna work. That tweet by Gottlieb, who comes across as anti Duke, is very telling…
Had Bilas not said anything about our game, we wouldn’t be hearing anything from Gottlieb, or FAU’s coach.

It shows how much weight Jay’s input means.

I'm not sure if I want FAU or Tennessee to win. On one hand I'd like to see Tennessee lose but if FAU beats them it kind of makes us look worse.
UCLA center Bona may not play tonight. If he doesn't play the Bruins are sunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I'm not sure if I want FAU or Tennessee to win. On one hand I'd like to see Tennessee lose but if FAU beats them it kind of makes us look worse.
On the contrary IMHO. If FAU wins, it will be in large part the refs did not let Tennessee get away with assault. The storyline will be Tennessee can't deal when they are not allowed to play physical

Last edited:
Amari Bailey of UCLA is interesting as an NBA prospect. He's been tearing it up as of late. He could see his stock rise if he can get UCLA to the final four. 6-5 wing. Most mock drafts have him early to mid second round. He was a 5 star. He was inconsistent early in the year. The Bruins need Bailey to have a good game to beat Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT