ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs MSU

Fortunately Msu is the least physical I’ve ever seen them so that helps a lot. Guards seem to be calming down, but seeing Young get these many minutes is painful to watch. He’s just not a high-caliber post player.

Fortunately Msu is the least physical I’ve ever seen them so that helps a lot. Guards seem to be calming down, but seeing Young get these many minutes is painful to watch. He’s just not a high-caliber post player.
I thought Stewart was playing good when he got in . In this game I think Foster and MCCain are 1 for five . McCain has half the turn overs he does as shots attempted.

A lot to grow off of win or lose this game .

Reactions: Fourteen44
I thought Stewart was playing good when he got in . In this game I think Foster and MCCain are 1 for five . McCain has half the turn overs he does as shots attempted.

A lot to grow off of win or lose this game .
Dude I used to think you were overreacting with Grandison, but I now have this with Young. It’s painful watching him.

Reactions: sheyduke
I don’t get the negativity thrown at Young. We all know he’s not athletic. But he brings a little stability when out there. I know Michigan St is really struggling, but we didn’t lose ground when Young went in for Flip.

I don’t get the negativity thrown at Young. We all know he’s not athletic. But he brings a little stability when out there. I know Michigan St is really struggling, but we didn’t lose ground when Young went in for Flip.
Young needs to be in the game now. We forget quickly he takes up space. He can get that extra 50/50 rebound. Flip is in there alone. He does not have that energy.

Nice to watch a game where the players aren’t out to beat up each other. Now they’re not shooting well, but at least they play fairly.

Foster starts next game!
Young with 7 and 6.
(I was driving home what happened to our lead?)

Michigan St started hitting shots but this is reverse of the Arizona game and our guards have disappeared badly.

Not sure McCain should start in prime games .

I got behind in the game and been okaying catch-up.. foster needs to start going forward. Impressive

Happy for Young and Foster. Super early but we kind of needed this. Flip with another good game, as always. Mitchell getting healthy is big as well. Foster is our secret weapon. Enjoy him while you can. Proctor needs to find his shot.

Reactions: jamsession2
Ryan is holding down the fort til the other guys are ready. Like he did last year. Reeves and Stewart will get there, but they both have a ways to go. They can play more the next few games.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Got alot of work to do, but a W is a W! I'll take it.

Foster absolutely balled and I feel so comfortable whenever Roach has the ball.

Ryan had a better game, but I sincerely hope Jon is only using him because it's early in the year. He severely limits us.
It's about matchups. Ryan can get you a solid 7 to 10 rbs depending on the opponent. Reeves and Steward will get there. Ryan is familiar with MSU.

Reactions: christophero
McCain with a rough night. He will get there, but Foster seems far more advanced.

I’ll take the W, and seeing Foster and Stewart get minutes. Mitchell also played pretty well all while not being 100%. I’m still very concerned that if Young plays this many minutes regularly, Duke won’t go very far in the tourney. Could be wrong, but I’d be shocked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT