ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Gurley

Like the fact he is a junior but will he be willing to play limited minutes this year with the hope of playing major minutes next year? Still think another underclassman PG is more important

Reactions: sheyduke
I saw this and I wouldn’t mind having him at Duke. We do also need a PG as well unless K is going with Roach/Moore as PG’s

After watching videos of Baldwin I had no idea he was such a good ball handler. If he were to choose Duke I think the offense would be lethal.

After watching videos of Baldwin I had no idea he was such a good ball handler. If he were to choose Duke I think the offense would be lethal.
Know he was injured and did not play this year.Is he going to be able to play next year and hopefully this does not develop into a Harry Giles situation

He appears to be a combination of Tatum{physicality]/Battier[court awareness and toughness]/Ingram[shotmaking and ball handling]. I can understand staying home and playing with your dad but Duke will be loaded if he comes to Durham.

So we get Baldwin or Gurley, no way we pick up both, right? Which one would you all rather have? I think this for sure solidifies that Hurt is gone too. Keels seems to think we're getting Baldwin or alluded to trying to get him. Gurley has experience, his game is nice too. Baldwin has a very high basketball IQ for an incoming freshman and his skill set is broader than Gurley's. The experience from Gurley though would be nice to have next season. This is a tough one. I'm leaning towards Baldwin, but not by much.

So we get Baldwin or Gurley, no way we pick up both, right? Which one would you all rather have? I think this for sure solidifies that Hurt is gone too. Keels seems to think we're getting Baldwin or alluded to trying to get him. Gurley has experience, his game is nice too. Baldwin has a very high basketball IQ for an incoming freshman and his skill set is broader than Gurley's. The experience from Gurley though would be nice to have next season. This is a tough one. I'm leaning towards Baldwin, but not by much.
We need Baldwin. Name the elite shooters on next years team?? There isn't one. Unless Baker is hot literally the whole season (not gonna happen.)
We have the perfect piece in Banchero: him and Williams are gonna be a load down low. But we need to surround those guys with shooting. Roach is descent, Keels and Moore are meh. Baker is super streaky.

Baldwin is a generational shooter: he still has tons to prove, but he has been compared to some of the elite NBA shooters, such as Klay Thompson. His form is perfect, and his shot goes in all the time. Baldwin's shooting will make life so much easier for everyone else on the court.

If Duke were to get Baldwin get ready for the Killer B’s. Baldwin and Banchero will Be the Best forward combination in country.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Yeah, I think Keels is a damn good shooter dude. Baker is a head scratcher. I love his dedication and defensive improvement. He just isn't the shooter we thought he was. Moore has gotten better and Roach was streaky last season. I don't expect to see that again next season. I think Roach is going to surprise quite a few people on this board next season. Wendell could potentially be Chris Carrawell 2.0 next year. He has the drive to do it. I think if we add Baldwin and lose no one else but Hurt we're a handful next season.

Reactions: hart2chesson
If Duke were to get Baldwin get ready for the Killer B’s. Baldwin and Banchero will Be the Best forward combination in country.
Does Griffin move to the Sg spot then? Griffin isn’t coming to Duke to come off the bench. If , Duke lands Baldwin then I don’t see the need to add another player but a true back up pg. their will be a log jam at the 3-4. Does Mark Williams come off the bench ?

I think the players would have to buy into doing what is best for the team .If they are auditioning for NBA they will flame out. My best 5 would be Roach, AJ as SG, Baldwin , Banchero and Williams. Moore and Keels would get plenty of PT. 7 guys get 25-28 minutes a game w Baker and Coleman getting the rest.

We need Baldwin. Name the elite shooters on next years team?? There isn't one. Unless Baker is hot literally the whole season (not gonna happen.)
We have the perfect piece in Banchero: him and Williams are gonna be a load down low. But we need to surround those guys with shooting. Roach is descent, Keels and Moore are meh. Baker is super streaky.

Baldwin is a generational shooter: he still has tons to prove, but he has been compared to some of the elite NBA shooters, such as Klay Thompson. His form is perfect, and his shot goes in all the time. Baldwin's shooting will make life so much easier for everyone else on the court.
With his injury will he be able to play next year?This is not a Harry Giles situation I hope

I sure hope Keels is a better shooter than Moore. Heck, I hope Moore is a better shooter than Moore. Same for Roach. If this years tournament has proved anything, it is that you have to have shotmakers. Sounds simple, even kind of stupid, but true.

I sure hope Keels is a better shooter than Moore. Heck, I hope Moore is a better shooter than Moore. Same for Roach. If this years tournament has proved anything, it is that you have to have shotmakers. Sounds simple, even kind of stupid, but true.

And good free throw shooting, good defense, high assist to turnover ratio, solid rebounding, hustle, just simple fundamental basketball. Man I love that type of game. OFC

Reactions: df64
Absolutely. Really hoping Mark can get that FT % above 70 and Roach around 80.

Reactions: skysdad

Keels is a excellent shooter. He has been labeled as one of the best if not the best shooter in the class and plus lights out on defense

Even if Hurt leaves our starting line up is pretty set. He would have to want to come off the bench. It's ironic that we are looking for guys like Goldwire and Tape who we already had. Might be difficult to upgrade given the minutes available, but you never know. Seems no one wants to be a role player anymore. We do have Joey and Coleman for that. Be nice to get another guard.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I agree about a combo guard type player but I also think a guy that could play the 5/4 would be important too. But Duke is one injury away from going small. Williams and Banchero will be studs and Banchero can slide to the 5. But the only big coming off the bench is 6-7 230 Coleman, so having that second big option that could step in at the 5 I think is needed too.

I highly doubt Hurt will be back or Baldwin comes... I think Duke will pursue a big via transfer

Reactions: christophero
There are lots of superior athletes who would love to contribute to the Duke basketball program. I would like to see Coach Krzyzewski and Coach Cutcliffe work together to sign some tremendous football players who would help the basketball team in practice and occasionally you stumble upon a gem who plays a lot for the basketball team. Baylor dominated Gonzaga because of strength and quickness.

With his injury will he be able to play next year?This is not a Harry Giles situation I hope
Injury occurred in December and he was told that he couldn’t practice or play on his ankle for 2-3 months. Would be back plenty early to go through Summer practice at Duke or UWM or UK. I imagine with Duke’s luck with players who have had or sustained lower leg injuries, Duke’s medical team would give him a thorough exam to make sure everything with his ankle is good to go.

I am torn on getting Baldwin. While he is good, I really don't want to watch 4 freshman in the starting line up trying all year to figure things out. We are already super young in the backcourt unless we get a transfer. We need experience having lost Goldwire and Steward. I'm hoping for Hurt to return; however unlikely. That would solve our experience issue.

I am torn on getting Baldwin. While he is good, I really don't want to watch 4 freshman in the starting line up trying all year to figure things out. We are already super young in the backcourt unless we get a transfer. We need experience having lost Goldwire and Steward. I'm hoping for Hurt to return; however unlikely.
Gurley cut his list of schools being considered a couple days ago and both Duke and the Vols were removed from consideration. My understanding is that UT had begun backing off Gurley anyway. May be the case that Coach k did the same. Hoping he knows something about another target at that position who’s leaning our way.

For Gurley. He wants to start he isn’t coming off a bench if he can help it.

Duke is going to have to really have someone buy into coming off the bench either it be a pg or big.

I think we all agree Paolo and Williams and Griffin / Moore is Dukes stating front court. With Keels in the back court the only spot I see someone taking is pg but Roach could improve over the summer.

Hurt returning would be a nice surprise after all our fringe guys leaving early. He's probably thinking about it if he hasn't announced yet. maybe one in 3 he returns? One in 5? It seems like guys make their decisions 100 percent based on if they would get drafted; it would be nice to see someone buck the trend. And you know; actually want to play for Duke. But I wouldn't blame Hurt for leaving.

Hurt returning would be a nice surprise after all our fringe guys leaving early. He's probably thinking about it if he hasn't announced yet. maybe one in 3 he returns? One in 5? It seems like guys make their decisions 100 percent based on if they would get drafted; it would be nice to see someone buck the trend. And you know; actually want to play for Duke. But I wouldn't blame Hurt for leaving.

I don't see his stock rising anymore than it already is. He would be returning solely because he loves Duke; and wants to play on a team that could potentially be in play for a final four/national title run. Again, I would love to see it happen. I'd put the odds at 1 out of 10 man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT