ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Ol Spilly doesn’t have a good track record with WRS in the 1st round . But you already know that. We do pretty good at finding them later soooo i don’t much get it.

I'm not a Cowboys fan but Cooper, Gallup and Lamb are going to be pretty ridiculous. It should open up everything for Zeke also. Should being the key word. It wasn't what they needed really, but you have to take him at 17. Miami had a good first round also, but if you have 3 first round picks and don't have a good first day, then something is really wrong.

Reactions: christophero
My Giants consistently picking guys who were projected to ho significantly later.

Reactions: Liftee
My Giants consistently picking guys who were projected to ho significantly later.

packers with by far the worst draft imo. I can’t believe we legit gave up on Rodgers winning another title.

packers with by far the worst draft imo. I can’t believe we legit gave up on Rodgers winning another title.
Classic NFL. If the GM/HC stick with Rodgers for another 3 seasons, then in 2022 there would be a debate whether they should be in charge of the Post Rodgers Era. Instead going young now buys them another 5 years. Gruden will do the same with Carr after this season.

On the other hand very exciting for other teams knowing Rodgers will likely be available in 1-2 seasons.

I don't see why Rodgers should be so upset. Wasn't it pretty much the same situation as when Farve was there and he had to wait his turn. Rodgers will have his job until he can't do it anymore and if he is a Packer team player he should do everything he can to have his replacement ready.OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't think they did that bad other than their 4th rounder, and I actually think he might be a find!

Last edited:
I don't see why Rodgers should be so upset. Wasn't it pretty much the same situation as when Farve was there and he had to wait his turn. Rodgers will have his job until he can't do it anymore and if he is a Packer team player he should do everything he can to have his replacement ready.OFC
In 2004 the Packers were coming off a 10-6 season and beating in Wild Card

In 2019 Packers were 13-3 and beating in NFC Title Game

Unlike with Rodgers, the Packers traded up to draft Love. Rodgers was also a far superior prospect coming out of the Pac-10. I believe only the 2nd QB chosen at that point. Love was the 4th QB chosen.

Rodgers should enjoy and take in his final season in Lambeau and ask for a trade next off-season. This is a sinking ship.

Last edited:
Rodgers won’t play for another team. The Packers are just looking ahead. No one has ever defeated Father Time....and Rodgers won’t the first.

I thought with no sports I’d get more into the NFL draft this year. But I didn’t. I’ve never understood the fascination. Obviously, a lot of people like it though.

I'm bored but I'm not that bored. I do enjoy reading draft grades at the end of each round.

Hope you are right Crazie.
I think they are heading in the right direction finally, may be picking in the top 10 next year as well and should focus on edge rusher and a playmaker at wide receiver and a huge leap by year after next.

Because Rodgers is a whiny B**ch

I really didn’t like the Packers draft. Coming off a NFC championship, they decide to plan for the future rather than trying to take advantage of the rest of Rodger’s career there. Rodgers was in the running for the number 1 pick overall years ago when he fell to them. There were questions if Love this year was even worthy of a first round pick, and they traded up for him. This was also said to be one of the deepest wr classes in years and they avoided taking one when they have a clear need there. Most importantly, they might not even be able to take advantage of Love’s rookie contract with their roster construction since Rodgers has a lot of guaranteed money on his contract for years to come.

Reactions: ioliva
Didn’t like the eagles selection of Hurts as well. In their defense, Wentz has obviously had injury concerns throughout his career. However, they just gave him a big contract extension. Instead of giving him more pieces on a team to continue his progression, they gave the media a storyline to question him with whenever he has a bad game moving forward. There will always be questions from the media about the second round qb on their roster and if he should be given a shot over Wentz.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21

no. As others have said we were 1 win away from a super bowl. Brett farve went 4-12 the year they drafted Rodgers. Rodgers was sacked the 7th most out of all qbs last year the line was terrible, had by far the least talented wide receiver group in the nfl we’ve been playing with undrafted guys and terrible lbs and look at what he did. Rogers has every right to whine. We drafted a qb we didn’t need. A rb we could’ve got in a later round and a tight end who probably would’ve never even been drafted. The packers are legitimately wasting his last few good years. I get planning for the future, but not when you were just 1 win away from a super bowl. Jordan love isn’t a sure thing as a qb and we’ve seen what Rodgers can do. The time to win is now not give up.

Rodgers won’t play for another team. The Packers are just looking ahead. No one has ever defeated Father Time....and Rodgers won’t the first.

I thought with no sports I’d get more into the NFL draft this year. But I didn’t. I’ve never understood the fascination. Obviously, a lot of people like it though.
I am not Packers fan but believe I know the NFC quite well. This has lit a fire under Rodgers butt and he will without a doubt play for another team. He was already butting heads with management (right or wrong). Aaron views himself superior to Favre so ofcourse he will join another team and atleast make the Conference title game with them.

Rodgers to the AFC

At some point the Packers are going to look back at 25+ years of consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback play with Favre then Rodgers, and have 2 Super Bowls to show for it. The closest comparison to that set up is probably Montana to Young on the 49ers, and those guys combined for like 7 championships.

Reactions: ioliva
I'm not a Cowboys fan but Cooper, Gallup and Lamb are going to be pretty ridiculous. It should open up everything for Zeke also. Should being the key word. It wasn't what they needed really, but you have to take him at 17. Miami had a good first round also, but if you have 3 first round picks and don't have a good first day, then something is really wrong.
As a Giants fan it is my duty to hate the Cowboys and with losing Frederickson,Dak threatening a holdout while a new offensive system is being installed I am hoping for a Uncheat type of season

As a (long-suffering) Washington fan, I like what they did despite the fact that ESPN gave them a C. The biggest needs were O-line and WR, and they spent 4 of their 7 picks in that realm. Not to mention the got what a lot of people consider one of the "sure things" in the draft in Chase Young. There are big time questions at QB, but they used a 1st rounder on one last year so I'm glad they went with Young.

On the Bengals board they are debating whether or not to keep Dalton as a back up QB. Unless he is willing to take a massive paycut I think they need to trade/cut him.

On the Bengals board they are debating whether or not to keep Dalton as a back up QB. Unless he is willing to take a massive paycut I think they need to trade/cut him.
I would bring back. Then transfer next offseason

Many of these teams drafting QB's don't seem to have a current starter in mind. Especially poor planning with shorter camps/season.

That makes sense to me. The guy who started the topic suggested just this, but the majority of the board does not agree. Most are arguing that the Bengals do not have Giant money, and have needs elsewhere. I guess the problem is Dalton makes so much. The Giants did something similar keeping Manning, although Jones is not making what Joe B. will.

Last edited:
Side bar here. Watching Super Bowl XXXI on Fox between Greenbay and New England. QB's Farve and Bledsoe, coaches Holmgren and Parcells. Reggie White playing for the Packers. Cannot wait for the halftime show. The Blues Brothers, James Brown and Z.Z Top. Now that was a halftime lineup. OFC

I can’t watch the NFL Draft because it’s boring to me. I’ll watch part of the first round just to see who the Redskins and Panthers select with their first round picks but that’s all I can handle of the NFL Draft.

Hell I like the draft more than I like watching the games (now)

At some point the Packers are going to look back at 25+ years of consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback play with Favre then Rodgers, and have 2 Super Bowls to show for it. The closest comparison to that set up is probably Montana to Young on the 49ers, and those guys combined for like 7 championships.

yeah dude for real. A friend of mine brought up a very interesting fact. The packers have not used a 1st round pick on an offensive player the entirety of Rodgers career. How insane is that? With most of your wr core being made up of undrafted low experience players.

I honestly hope he demands a trade. I don’t want to see him playing his last years for a team who doesn’t believe in him

Reactions: HuffyJB
yeah dude for real. A friend of mine brought up a very interesting fact. The packers have not used a 1st round pick on an offensive player the entirety of Rodgers career. How insane is that? With most of your wr core being made up of undrafted low experience players.

I honestly hope he demands a trade. I don’t want to see him playing his last years for a team who doesn’t believe in him
Is that true? My goodness, that is crazy!

I’m good with the panthers picks all D on a team that needs everything.. hoping like crazy the D is good this year but we are bad enough to draft Trevor and then load up the OL*...we could have 07-08 pats O behind last years line and not won any more

*that is unless we can win like 12 games lol I just don’t want mediocre

Last edited:
Bengals release Dalton after getting their QB. Does he go to the Patriots? Edit: never mind just read he went to the Cowboys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT