ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tournament practice

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Just got notified that the day before the first round in Greenville SC they’ll have open practice for all the teams and it’s free.. since it’s only a little over an hr for me I thought about going down And seeing how it was…

has anyone been before and is it worth it?

In the 90's my dad took me to final four practice at the Meadowlands it was pretty cool. The year Kentucky with Delk and Syracuse with John Wallace went.

Last edited:
Just got notified that the day before the first round in Greenville SC they’ll have open practice for all the teams and it’s free.. since it’s only a little over an hr for me I thought about going down And seeing how it was…

has anyone been before and is it worth it?
I've gone when it has been in Charlotte. We had a good time. The best thing was we ate at a pizza place near the arena after practice. As we were eating the team Duke was to play, Albany I believe walked in. We ended up eating with them and had a complete blast. Wished they weren't playing Duke so I could of pulled for them.

I've gone when it has been in Charlotte. We had a good time. The best thing was we ate at a pizza place near the arena after practice. As we were eating the team Duke was to play, Albany I believe walked in. We ended up eating with them and had a complete blast. Wished they weren't playing Duke so I could of pulled for them.

thats cool. Any fan interaction during practice?

Definitely hit the practice. Sit in first row and watch players workout. In 2015 Tyus threw Duke shirts into crowd and my kids caught some.

I have been to the 1st/2nd round games at random sites for 20 years straight and I have gone to the practices various times. It is pretty cool. Usually nothing too intense but fun to watch some of their drills and see them staying loose and having fun. It is generally very laid back and you can just sit wherever you want.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT