acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
PG Roach 28 minutes, Moore 6 minutes , 6 minutes open
SG Keels 28 minutes, Moore 12 minutes
SF AJ 24 minutes Moore 8 minutes, Baker 8 minutes
PF Banchero 28 minutes , AJ 6, Coleman 6
C Williams 26 minutes, Coleman 4 minutes , Banchero 4 , 6 open

Add a PG and another C/PF and the roster is complete.
If Hurt returns we have a problem but it is a good problem.

Last edited:
PG Roach 28 minutes, Moore 6 minutes , 6 minutes open
SG Keels 28 minutes, Moore 12 minutes
SF AJ 24 minutes Moore 8 minutes, Baker 8 minutes
PF Banchero 28 minutes , AJ 6, Coleman 6
C Williams 26 minutes, Coleman 4 minutes , Banchero 4 , 6 open

Add a PG and another C/PF and the roster is complete.
If Hurt returns we are a problem but it is a good problem.

If Hurt returns with that group we're a final four team.

Moore is starting. He’s earned it. Keels might over take him but Moore is starting .Allocate minutes all we want but Moore has earned that spot should he return. Just my opinion especially in the one and done era.

Moore is starting. He’s earned it. Keels might over take him but Moore is starting .Allocate minutes all we want but Moore has earned that spot should he return. Just my opinion especially in the one and done era.

Most definitely. I think he and Baker's leadership is central to our success next year. I love Wendell and he deserves some success on the court.

Reactions: sheyduke
I am all for Moore starting but I would think it would be as SG so I hope he works on his 3 pt shot. I don’t think he will start at SF ahead of AJ.

Reactions: christophero
The problem is adding the 2 guys. If Hurt stays or we add Baldwin then we are set. But who is going to want to come transfer to be the 9th and 10th guy? We had those guys in Goldwire and Tape and Brakefield but they left. Suppose we could get a transfer; but they likely will be at Tape level. Which would be okay.

Moore will play big minutes IMHO all year. He will play the 1, 2 and 3(at times). He showed flashes of excellent play this year. I predict he we come out as a Junior, upper classman, floor leader and develop into a consistent player who we lean on in tight games down the stretch. We missed that role player this year.

The problem is adding the 2 guys. If Hurt stays or we add Baldwin then we are set. But who is going to want to come transfer to be the 9th and 10th guy? We had those guys in Goldwire and Tape but they left.

Agree 100%. What 4th or 5th year transfer would want to come in under those circumstances? To come off the bench and play 10-12 mins a game on K's short leash? Goldwire would have been an incredible role player in a scenario where Hurt comes back. But that ship sailed.

If Hurt comes back we are all set. It's always nice to have a couple horses on the bench, but we would be just fine.

In NBA Draft Room Keels is 24 on their 2022 mock draft. So he could be one and done. They mentioned "some G league rumblings" with Griffin. Not sure what that means. Williams is in the mid second round next year so hopefully he stays. Roach and Moore were outside the second round range.

Last edited:
Right now we have a 6 man rotation with with Joey and Coleman getting spot minutes, mopup minutes, and emergency fill in. If Joey can hit 3s like he is more than capable of and Coleman develops a little, that is more than enough. One injury, and Joey or Coleman need to really step up and or another legitimate contributor.

Don’t think 8 scholarship players is enough. Need at least 10 but I hope we get 11.
According to 2015 . Eight is always enough.
I think we see Griffin at Duke for one year not the gleague .

Which year did we have 8?
I count 10 for 2014-2015 and 10 for 2015-2016. Maybe there were redshirts but at least there were 10 for scrimmages

Which year did we have 8?
I count 10 for 2014-2015 and 10 for 2015-2016. Maybe there were redshirts but at least there were 10 for scrimmages

After mid-January in 2015, we had eight scholarship players.

Quinn, Tyus, Justise, Matt, Jahlil, Marshall, Amile and Grayson.

I don’t think going into the year, 8 is enough. Down the stretch, like that team, absolutely. Especially with the level we had.

I had forgotten that Semi and Sulaimon were no longer with the team. Semi has done well w Boston and it appears that Rasheed is playing in Spain

8 is enough unless you get injured. I imagine we add one more transfer or freshman. A transfer guard. We do have a walk on big man whose name escapes me. Ideally we add two more guys, assuming no one else leaves but Hurt. We still are in the running for Baldwin as well. Keels was a great pick up. He makes us bigger and more physical, although younger. If keels struggles we could put Moore at the two.

Reactions: skysdad
I think walkon big is Worthington from Chapel Hill. I thought he looked strong enough to bang inside and get a few minutes.

Will any addition play ? Does anyone see K not going with the best line up limiting the bench come January like usual. If he does that means that the players are going so hard in practice everyone needs to see the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT