ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Most people should always be happy they don't live here.....this week isn't the exception if you're a Duke fan, either. Just depressing.

Yesterday I had a meeting downtown and then met my wife for lunch. The Final Four stuff is everywhere. CBS is setup in the IDS Center, ESPN on Nicollet Mall and there's constant activities at the Convention Center. You can't get away from it. Much more disheartening without Duke in the picture than I could have imagined. I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to this week had Duke been playing. Now I can't wait for it to be over and done with.

(We even saw Jay Bilas walking in the skyway yesterday afternoon. I almost wanted to take a picture with him just to send to @pisgah101 to prove I'm not actually Bilas. ;))

Reactions: tw3301
Most people should always be happy they don't live here.....this week isn't the exception if you're a Duke fan, either. Just depressing.

Yesterday I had a meeting downtown and then met my wife for lunch. The Final Four stuff is everywhere. CBS is setup in the IDS Center, ESPN on Nicollet Mall and there's constant activities at the Convention Center. You can't get away from it. Much more disheartening without Duke in the picture than I could have imagined. I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to this week had Duke been playing. Now I can't wait for it to be over and done with.

(We even saw Jay Bilas walking in the skyway yesterday afternoon. I almost wanted to take a picture with him just to send to @pisgah101 to prove I'm not actually Bilas. ;))

You had that chance and didn’t do it!!!!!!!????

Reactions: dukiejay
Yeah, I’m not ready fior any reminders at all. I usually listen to sports talk radio on the way to and from work everyday, but I haven’t been since Sunday. Don’t want to hear about it!!

Jay the tournament is brutal - but 63/64 go home disappointed. I think we all really thought we would be there.

I want you to remember that it is baseball season and the masters is just a week away. Get your golf game ready!

Thank God I don’t live there. I would need antidepressants this week. I was starting to get over it and move on with life and I read this and now I’m depressed again. I want this weekend and Monday to be over and done.

Thank God I don’t live there. I would need antidepressants this week. I was starting to get over it and move on with life and I read this and now I’m depressed again. I want this weekend and Monday to be over and done.

Can’t be over soon enough. I won’t watch any of the games, though I will check my phone just to see results. The only thing basketball I’m thinking about right now is CTC 2019, and all the great people that may meet there for the first time after talking here for so long. This season is OVER for me!!

I’m with ya Jay. US Bank 30 mins from my front door. This couldn’t be more depressing. As much as I love college basketball and the final four I’m not going anywhere near it! Have turned down multiple good seats at a great prices. F it- I cant stomach Duke not being here!

What an absolute burn- still can’t believe it

Can’t be over soon enough. I won’t watch any of the games, though I will check my phone just to see results. The only thing basketball I’m thinking about right now is CTC 2019, and all the great people that may meet there for the first time after talking here for so long. This season is OVER for me!!
I’m with you. I can’t get into baseball and I sure don’t play golf so sports in my life is in hibernation until football season rolls back around.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I’m with you. I can’t get into baseball and I sure don’t play golf so sports in my life is in hibernation until football season rolls back around.

I do play golf.....but I have a Duke golf bag, Duke and Clemson headcovers, Duke hat, and ball markers that are custom made. Some are of the shot, and some are of K....so I can’t even run from it on the golf course!!

I do play golf.....but I have a Duke golf bag, Duke and Clemson headcovers, Duke hat, and ball markers that are custom made. Some are of the shot, and some are of K....so I can’t even run from it on the golf course!!
That’s my license plate in my avatar pic so I can’t run from it either. See it every day so I get it.

Reactions: DukefanKY

We have been going there a lot for work recently. I was there a few weeks ago when stuff was going up and even did a bracket at Manny’s. I was so certain UNC was going to be there. Glad I won’t be back until after it’s over.

It’s becoming an annual tradition where I list my final four tickets Sunday evening. Not a tradition I enjoy.

I'm in the burbs of Minneapolis, lucky enough to be far enough away with zero plans of heading downtown and seeing the circus without our fellas involved. I'll probably watch some of the games, I don't dislike any of the teams remaining and will be happy for any of them who win. That makes it slightly easier than in other years, when UNC or Kentucky are still in it.

I need a Matthew Hurt to Duke and Tre coming back announcement ASAP!

Reactions: christophero
I'm in the burbs of Minneapolis, lucky enough to be far enough away with zero plans of heading downtown and seeing the circus without our fellas involved. I'll probably watch some of the games, I don't dislike any of the teams remaining and will be happy for any of them who win. That makes it slightly easier than in other years, when UNC or Kentucky are still in it.

I need a Matthew Hurt to Duke and Tre coming back announcement ASAP!

West, east, north or south 'burbs? I'm in the west.

I don't watch basketball after Duke loses. Binge watching Stranger Things this weekend. #soreloser

I don't watch basketball after Duke loses. #soreloser
I get that. All the fun for me in the tournament outside of rooting for Duke is rooting for UNC and Kentucky to lose, while every other game rooting for the team I feel would be a better matchup for Duke's chances of winning (usually all underdogs). Just watching this weekend without any real rooting interest will take all the pizzaz out of it. Mainly scouting Jarrett Culver as he will likely be an option for the Wolves in the draft.

Reactions: christophero
I really don't need to watch One Shining Moment, which will undoubtedly have Tre crying at halfcourt.

Hey, for you guys in minny. It’s gonna 80 degrees here in upstate SC this weekend.......jus sayin

Weather actually is going to be warm(er) this weekend in the 60s with a chance to reach 70. Looks like rain, though.

On the bright side, I'm playing golf this afternoon. Could be worse.

It sucks. I'm happy overall for the season, but it still sucks knowing how much talent we had and that we aren't playing tomorrow. Just makes the ones you do win that much sweeter.

Waiting to board my plane to Minneapolis now. I’d be a lot more excited if Duke was in it. Now, they’re like “you’re flight is delayed an hour and a half..” and I’m like, “meh, don’t care.”

Waiting to board my plane to Minneapolis now. I’d be a lot more excited if Duke was in it. Now, they’re like “you’re flight is delayed an hour and a half..” and I’m like, “meh, don’t care.”

Have a blast though! And ask Gary Williams what kind of deodorant he uses for me! :D

Reactions: FearTheBeard

I admire that you are even going. I couldn’t do it

it ain’t gonna be easy. If it wasn’t a bucket list trip with my dad, I probably wouldn’t do it.

That’s cool. I hope you both enjoy it.

I really don’t think I would go if it were within walking distance and someone gave me free tickets. I would sell the tickets though!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT