ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

It’s fair though to say extremely is not the right word.

I haven’t blocked you lol
My bad had an error loading messages on my end. Still stand by what I’ve said. He’s been REALLY bad this past month

Thank goodness roach turned up. We would’ve lost without his play today

Reactions: Fourteen44
Griffin and Roach where phenomenal…Roach all game Griffin when we needed him most.

Reactions: sheyduke
I guess when I say extremely overrated I think in terms of him being number one overall or top 3….I don’t think he’s top five right now.
Yea he’s definitely struggling as of late. The talent is there, I wonder if he’s wearing down....

This was my gripe last game was K benched Griffin down the stretch….that’s a mistake because he shoots to well.

This team is an enigma....our #1 draft choice goes 2-13...our absentee PG goes 6-7, and our "leader" goes 1-3 with 4 pts....yet we win. I really dont know what to make of this team as the consistency from game to game isnt there...but we find a way to win most of the time. Great road win even though Clark looked like a 1st round pick yet again!

Reactions: SWEc/o95
Great win tonight. Loved seeing our defense play the way they did. If we can play with that intensity on the defensive end of the court we get to a final four.

Virginia is playing their best ball of the year. We took probably their best shot. Banchero and Moore combined to score 12 points and Duke still wins in one of the toughest environments to play in at JPJ arena. I'll take it.

24-4 overall & 14-3 in the conference. We've won our last two close games after everyone bitched that we couldn't win close games. Again, I'll take it.

Are there things to be concerned about? Yep. But every single top 15 team has concerns. This team has three games left and can potentially win the ACC regular season for the first time in 12 years. Let's see what happens.

Thank goodness for Roach and Griffin. The shots by Griffin weren't the best as I was screaming at my TV but they went in. I really liked that we finally went directly at Clark at the end. Good win but Paolo has to play better at some point.

Jeremy was a man on a mission tonight. I don't understand the hate this kid receives.
He and AJ really stepped up tonight! Duke is learning how to win close games late in the season after losing close games earlier. We still have some stuff to clean up and how we play at Syracuse after this gritty win will tell us a lot.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
PB isnt THE guy imo. Hes not who I want with the ball in his hands In crunch time. Problem is idk who to replace him with 😂 Solution- don’t get in those situations.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Roach had a good shooting night....but zero assists for a PG....his last 6 games shooting stats before tonight are below;
0-2, 4-7, 1-7, 1-5, 2-5, 3-5
One game does not a hero make, but tonight was his night, we needed his production as our other scorers didnt show up so kudos to him. This emphasizes our issue....on any given night we have no idea who will turn up or not...we have zero consistency and identity. We could put 6 games together come the tournament and win it all or we could not show up in the 1st round and get beaten...either is a possibility

I don’t understand the hate PB doesn’t receive 😂 Mannn it’s hard to likem
I think Banchero is concussed from hitting the freshman wall. He's a great kid and competitor. My hope is he finds himself by March.

He really doesn’t have an identity. Or living up to his perceived identity. We'll see
I hate it when he takes those early in the shot clock jumpers. Griffin has earned that right. Banchero needs to drive and post up. His mid range is much better than his paltry 29% from 3. I love the kid's game and I still believe he'll show up when it counts in March. Or I hope so.

Comon no one hates Roach. But when he doesn't score for multiple games people are going to point that out. He had a great game but probably his first good game since Keels came back. If anything tonight proves what he is capable of. I just read Wake lost to Clemson. Ouch. Notre Dame beats Syracuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192 and KDSTONE
I hate it when he takes those early in the shot clock jumpers. Griffin has earned that right. Banchero needs to drive and post up. His mid range is much better than his paltry 29% from 3. I love the kid's game and I still believe he'll show up when it counts in March. Or I hope so.
He makes one every now and then lol. During a time when it’s not necessarily a need a bucket time. Tbh I hate his game 😂 It doesn’t much benefit the team in CBB. I’d trust Keels I guess in a need a bucket moment over everybody else. He’s made those shots from 3 and he can bully his way to the basket like no other . Now can he hit the FT idkkkkk😂 It’s a fun season

He makes one every now and then lol. During a time when it’s not necessarily a need a bucket time. Tbh I hate his game 😂 It doesn’t much benefit the team in CBB. I’d trust Keels I guess in a need a bucket moment over everybody else. He’s made those shots from 3 and he can bully his way to the basket like no other . Now can he hit the FT idkkkkk😂 It’s a fun season
Time for them Braves boyyyy?

Our only games left are Syracuse, Pitt and North Carolina. We should be able to win out, although the Tar Heels will come to play and try to ruin K's last home game. Plus they are on the bubble and REALLY need a top 10 win. But we will be heavy favorites in all 3.

Like I said before, we'll really see how good Roach is next year. He'll be the most senior and there will be no one looking over his shoulder. Everything will literally be on him being a leader and I hope he's up to the challenge.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT