ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer out?

Coaches who hide things better start fessing up. Meyer is about as high up as one can get. If he loses his job then the message has been sent. Let's not jump to conclusions about Urban though. Only coach I know that can get by with knowing is hof coach roy williams. #royknew. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Meyer has been dirty for a long time. Look at the arrests at Florida. Baggage followed him to OSU. Good riddance.

Reactions: dbav
I live in Ohio, love my buckeye football. This absolutely sucks. I know they’d replace him with another stout coach, but I also think a lot of the other coaches would have to go too. Seems like all of their wives were told about what was going on.

Also, got my dog in January of 2015. Ohio State had just won a national championship. So I named my dog, Urban. If he was to get fired I don’t really know what I’d do. Is it too late to name him Krzyzewski?

I live in Ohio, love my buckeye football. This absolutely sucks. I know they’d replace him with another stout coach, but I also think a lot of the other coaches would have to go too. Seems like all of their wives were told about what was going on.

Also, got my dog in January of 2015. Ohio State had just won a national championship. So I named my dog, Urban. If he was to get fired I don’t really know what I’d do. Is it too late to name him Krzyzewski?
Just rename him Bourbon. It sounds close enough for him to adjust. And if you’re a Buckeye football fan, you’ll be needing some too. :D

Just rename him Bourbon. It sounds close enough for him to adjust. And if you’re a Buckeye football fan, you’ll be needing some too. :D
Ehh don’t think I’ll need to be drinking too much. The talent they have they won’t lose to many people unless it’s in the playoff. And we damn sure aren’t losing to TTUN (which is an extremely big deal around here lol) no matter who the coach is. Especially with that idiot wearing the Khakis running their program.

I am a Clemson fan and only keep up with what's going on with them. I don't know very much about what is going on at Ohio State right now, or anything at all about anything that happened in Florida. I've never had any bad feelings toward Meyer or Ohio State because once again, I typically only keep up with what is going on with my teams. there have really been some shady scandals in sports recently though.

OSU's loss will be another programs gain in about 2 seasons, if this happens..... He will not stay out of coaching for long. OSU would be dumb to fire him, IMO.

Reactions: ceilo77
OSU's loss will be another programs gain in about 2 seasons, if this happens..... He will not stay out of coaching for long. OSU would be dumb to fire him, IMO.

I think it's a tough call for them, keep him, without good evidence that he was in the clear, and you risk all the fallout of turning a blind eye. Fire him, and you take the risk of your program taking a big down turn. What top tier coach is available and would leave to replace him? In the end, it's usually about money though, and egg on your face doesn't lose as many games as poor coaching

I think it's a tough call for them, keep him, without good evidence that he was in the clear, and you risk all the fallout of turning a blind eye. Fire him, and you take the risk of your program taking a big down turn. What top tier coach is available and would leave to replace him? In the end, it's usually about money though, and egg on your face doesn't lose as many games as poor coaching
Bob Stoops

Reactions: dbav
I don’t understand it. I don’t see how Urban can lose his job for another mans faults. If the woman got hit and didn’t call police; or she called them and they didn’t do anything then hold the police responsible! Or her! I don’t get the talking to other coaches wives and trying to get them to tell their husbands to get him fired. Talk to them your self if that’s what you wanted! I don’t get the wifey gossip going on and (now) your opening up claiming the coaches knew!?? Because you gossiped to their wives??? Why didn’t you do something (then)!!! Either her ,or the police, or somebody is potentially costing a whole lot of people their jobs for their own issues handled poorly....maybe I’m misunderstanding this?? Or I’m missing something? To me right now it’s simple . How can you prove Urban knew? You can’t from what I know. Sick of this crap....$$$$$$$$$$....Reminds me of the women coming out saying they had sex with Trump now.....yea it was wrong she got abused or whatever, but damn you can’t hold everybody responsible and make accusations for your own mishandled gossip tirade!

Last edited:
because you are supposed to report these things under title 9. it is part of your job. his wife is also an employee at the university and is required by law to report it as is he. urban has a horrible record on this kind of stuff. look how many of his players were charged in his tenure at fla. i think 37 or 39 in 5 years. at the least his wife is a piece of crap and should be fired. if she relayed the emails/talked with him then screw him. YOU CANT BURY BEATING ON A WOMAN ANYMORE.

Last edited:
Meyer has been dirty for a long time. Look at the arrests at Florida. Baggage followed him to OSU. Good riddance.

This. I was raised as a Gator football fan. My parents met there and one of my sisters went there as well. I was a fan when he was hired. Then he left very suspiciously. Turns out he let the inmates run the asylum. There were arrest and various other issues.

I recall Muschamp kicking about 20 players off the team when he arrived. I respected him for that. The way he left that program completely changed my mind on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the allegations were true in this case, but I'd like to see the facts come out.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I don’t understand it. I don’t see how Urban can lose his job for another mans faults. If the woman got hit and didn’t call police; or she called them and they didn’t do anything then hold the police responsible! Or her! I don’t get the talking to other coaches wives and trying to get them to tell their husbands to get him fired. Talk to them your self if that’s what you wanted! I don’t get the wifey gossip going on and (now) your opening up claiming they knew!?? Why didn’t you do something (then)!!! Either her ,or the police, or somebody is potentially costing a whole lot of people their jobs for their own issues handled poorly....maybe I’m misunderstanding this?? Or I’m missing something? To me right now it’s simple . How can you prove Urban knew? You can’t from what I know. Sick of this crap....$$$$$$$$$$
There is so much pressure here. He's not fired, yet. From what I've heard, when he fired the assistant, he said he had just found out. Ohio St is in a no win situation.
We don't know the facts yet, but if he knew back in 15, he has to go.

Cut the limb so the tree can still grow.

Reactions: dukehokie and dbav
There is so much pressure here. He's not fired, yet. From what I've heard, when he fired the assistant, he said he had just found out. Ohio St is in a no win situation.
We don't know the facts yet, but if he knew back in 15, he has to go.

Cut the limb so the tree can still grow.
I honestly think if he had knew, he would of reported it the way this domestic stuff is right now. I just can’t see him risking his job at Ohio St trying to cover it up. Unless him and his wife were good friends with them. And they all came together and resolved the issues privately....And even then,( now)your going to throw everybody under the bus? Based on you telling their wives??? It just doesn’t make sense to me. I agree If he knew, he’s gone though. Just don’t see it. I need some facts to come out.

Urbie lied about not knowing and that's gonna lead to his demise. Just do not understand how powerful people like Meyer, Paterno, MSU prez, Art Briles etc... do not stick up for victims. They would looked at as heros for decking a guy who physically hurt others.

Urbie lied about not knowing and that's gonna lead to his demise. Just do not understand how powerful people like Meyer, Paterno, MSU prez, Art Briles etc... do not stick up for victims. They would looked at as heros for decking a guy who physically hurt others.
And you know this..? How

I honestly think if he had knew, he would of reported it the way this domestic stuff is right now. I just can’t see him risking his job at Ohio St trying to cover it up. Unless him and his wife were good friends with them. And they all came together and resolved the issues privately....And even then,( now)your going to throw everybody under the bus? Based on you telling their wives??? It just doesn’t make sense to me. I agree If he knew, he’s gone though. Just don’t see it. I need some facts to come out.

The OL coach had issues at Fla in 2009 with the wife then Meyer took him to OSU. See ya on Fox Sports Urbie.

And you know this..? How

Urbie tripped all over his words at B10 press conference and apparent he knew something was up. Head coaches at the level of Meyer, Saban & K are micromanagers, they know everything going on.

Last edited:
Fire the police too

No, terminate the top guy who continually employed a person who assaulted his wife. Meyer's discipline record dating back to Fla is pretty dismal. But he sure can coach football, that I agree with.

meyer already said he knew about the 2009 incident where the pregnant wife was punched. as to the police lets take their investigation with a grain of salt. the record for the police investigations in fla when it involves major football programs is not exactly stellar. let me paraphrase the umpa lumpa in the white house ""fake investigations""

Put her in a half way house for continually riding along....

Put her in a half way house for continually riding along....

The guy kept showing up at her house intoxicated after the divorce, stated in police reports. I think IPS is an OSU football fan!

The guy kept showing up at her house intoxicated after the divorce, stated in police reports. I think IPS is an OSU football fan!
Didn’t know that......I just don’t like this. I’m not sensitive to this situation because I don’t have the facts. It’s all based on hearsay, or the knowledge of Urbans past. That I don’t know a lot about.

And no I’m not. I’m a anybody but Alabama fan.

Bama doesn't bother me with all their success, I like Saban. Maybe it comes from being associated with Duke & the hate we endure due to success. Patriots don't irk me either.

Bama doesn't bother me with all their success, I like Saban. Maybe it comes from being associated with Duke & the hate we endure due to success. Patriots don't irk me either.
You're better then me. I hate the Patriots, Alabama, and Yankees.

I reside in O$U territory. All of the fans I know don't want Urban to be fired. I think they all know how great of a recruiter/motivator he is.

I hope he gets the axe, O$U fans are the most stuck-up, spoiled fans you would ever meet. I just hope O$U doesn't hire Stoops, don't really see another name that would immediately put them back on the map.

Ohio has a boat-load of football talent, but what made Urban great was that he was getting the best athletes out of all the hoods in Florida, Atlanta, etc. to come up to Columbus OH, along with the best players from the roughest neighborhoods in Ohio.

Why wouldn’t she report this to the director? I’m just lost as to how all this was handled, Myers past, etc. I’ll just wait for all the facts, and then give my opinion . If I even do then lol....just to much I don’t know right now. Disregard everything I said . I’m in the dark.

yeah it is definitely a fluid situation. the other thing i am wondering about that is not being mentioned is the already ongoing problem ohio state is having with the wrestling program. saw an article on msn this am that the retired wrestling coach has been calling former kids telling them to keep quiet. if true then wow. they could be looking at a huge settlement situation if the allegations are proved to be true. add onto this the breaking football issues then THE ohio state university is out of control if all proves out to be true. gonna be a tough few weeks for the buckeye faithful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT