ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Hurt being mentioned in the same breathe as . . .

I've learned after many many years of being a Duke fan, keep expectations tempered, and let the kids play a few games before setting expectations and comparing them to other greats before they've even played one game. I think many times that is the reason many people get so aggravated and impatient with young players.

I've learned after many many years of being a Duke fan, keep expectations tempered, and let the kids play a few games before setting expectations and comparing them to other greats before they've even played one game. I think many times that is the reason many people get so aggravated and impatient with young players.

Very sound philosophy!! OFC

I know Matt will be very good offensively, but the jury is still out for me on his ability to defend at a high level!

So true.

I expected Cam to be a lights-out 3 shooter last year..

Hurt looks really good so far. An Ingram type season sounds about right. If he is that skilled and that good a shooter I doubt there will be a season two. But it will be fun watching him for one season.

I know Matt will be very good offensively, but the jury is still out for me on his ability to defend at a high level!

Duke had its media day a few weeks ago. K was asked about the freshmen as defenders. His response was that Hurt was ahead of his classmates; versatile, great instincts, hard worker.

And remember, this class has Wendell Moore, reputed to be an elite defender.

Hurt being a good defender would be a huge plus for this team. If he and Carey can both play plus D, it allows us to keep a skilled offensive team on the floor that has the potential to be very good to great on D as well.

This. And no matter how good we look in November and December, still keep expectations tempered. We seem to reach our ceiling quickly the last few years, imo.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT