ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

Of course there are too many balls to go around at Duke but, according to kitty cat fans like this, it won't be an issue for them. Lol. And that is because of Quade Green, huh? Good Lord....

"Allen, Trent, Duval, Bagley. There isn't enough ball to go around. I'm not saying that because they're all good enough to demand it at all times it's because every one of them wants to be the guy. Building a team has more to do with personalities than pure talent. I feel the talent on UK and Duke are very similar but we have a guy like Quade that will lead us and set the tone on how everyone else will play."

107 JwUKFan11,

I was watching the announcement from the poker table last night like...

200_s.gif

If chemistry happens this season, OMG. This is like , ridiculous.

Reactions: dbav
haha timo, I got called out the next 12 hands for not paying attention because i was shooting texts to dukehokie, Mark, and several others. This is the first one in quite a while that honestly just took me by surprise.

Reactions: christophero
What's guru gary -7/flatarheel/frankthetargheel saying. OFC

Trevon is going to have some assists this year that will live in infamy .

Trevon is going to have some assists this year that will live in infamy .
Yes sir!! Watching some of his highlights, I had to back them up and watch again because I didn't see him dish the ball the first time, but yet someone was dunking it!! And he has a LOT of options this year!!

Big time leadership opportunity for Grayson.
This could really help his legacy with some Duke fans. The haters will hate no matter what....but if he leads this bunch of young talented guys to a title, it'd be hard for any Duke fan to not love him. Some Duke fans weren't terribly fond of Quinn Cook until 2015.

This could really help his legacy with some Duke fans. The haters will hate no matter what....but if he leads this bunch of young talented guys to a title, it'd be hard for any Duke fan to not love him. Some Duke fans weren't terribly fond of Quinn Cook until 2015.

He's too two for me regardless but he (might) can push out JJ for #1

Reactions: christophero
SawneeCat:
"Reality. Duke is no different than an FSU. UL or UNC, academic standards for athletes is non existent. It is the ACC Way."

Love seeing the Holes and kitties soooooo upset....

Some of them even have Bagley's transcripts, apparently. Lol.

Oboro3:
"He won't be eligible so I am not getting worked up over this. A kid with a sketchy high school education that failed to go to any classes his sophomore year can all of sudden graduate in three years with not taking any summer courses this past summer? I think he is just going to practice with the Duke team for the year and then go pro, similiar to what Diallo almost did for us. We will get to hear all the what-ifs if he was declared eligible and Duke will play the victim card all year but that is how I see it. Kids with a better academic background than him have been declared ineligible by the NCAA. Bagley doesn't have enough high school credits to get in a local community college let alone Duke."

Just hoping for a healthy team year round for once. I think we have a solid 8 man rotation now and possibly 9. And yes I know K usually sticks to 7-8, but I do think he was honest in his intent to expand his depth, what that means from game to game Im not sure but players better be ready.

Timo -- I think a deeper rotation is probably the most important key (and biggest change) to going far in the tournament this season.

K certainly has as deep a team as I have ever seen.

Here are a couple on Inside Carolina. Pln asking who is a better NBA prospect than Bagley and this Shawnesty clown comes back with this zinger. Guess Marvin actually isn't good at most any aspect of the game of basketball now. Well that sucks to hear!! Lolll

pln2013 said... (original post)

"Who's better?"

Shawnesty23:
"Plenty of guys. He can't shoot, pass, create or defend very well. He's become very overrated as an nba prospect."

With all of the brain Duke is hanging on the chins on UNC/UK, I can understand their anger.

Not complete yet, but Duke has been extremely impressed with both he and his family and how hard they've worked to get this all taken care of. I'd be surprised if he's not with the team come the start of the school year here shortly.

Sounds good

i just read an article on cbs sports that made it sound like he has a good bit of course work to do, then has to submit that to be reviewed by the NCAA. The NCAA would then send him an encrypted email revealing whether he was cleared or not. It said the NCAA has 10 days to respond but that they likely wouldn't take that long based on when classes start. The article didn't full say how much work he had to do or what the odds were that he could complete it, but it was very cautionary about feeling like its a done deal. Depending on how much he has to complete, and how much of the 10 days the NCAA uses, it may be a while before we know 100% yes or no.

On the question of chemistry, let's say he clears and starts classes on time. How far behind the other players would he be as far as how much they have practiced together?

And I had been hearing that Bolden was looking real good in practices. More jealous, Duke hating asses, that are absolutely beside themselves about Bagley.

"Sorry - late to the game with this comment so sorry if it's a repeat. I remember not so long ago a kid who was begged into reclassifying - only to be used in a way other than promised - and thrown to the curb in the end. Please see Derryck Thornton. Not at all saying it's an exactly same situation - but I am saying Duke has not necessarily done well rushing these kids and begging kids to fill in their gaps. Kid may be a beast - but I am saying D1 is not AAU and it will be a lot of pressure if he's expected to save the team... Now if he gets the NCAA Okafor treatment - he will be fine - but I don't expect this rushed push by Duke to necessarily pay off. It's a gamble for all - but Duke had a need - and this is all about Duke and saving the season for K, since his dream team bombed last year. This for sure aint about the kid.

I am very excited about UK's team this season and I am not going to roll over just because Duke pulled a kid out of high school early as a stop gap. Poor Bolden must really be bad for them to be this desperate. I love what UK has this season - so athletic AND talented... GO CATS.

I never talk absolutes with this stuff because who knows what will happen in the season - but when you have a literal crazy ass cancer on your team like Grayson Allen - and him as your senior leader... IDK... seems more can go wrong than right. He soooo wants validation and redemption for his cheating and unsportsmanlike character... just seems like he might implode - again. Capel has talked K into abandoning his principles (Don't get me wrong - K is the captain of the flop, the ref shaming, etc) in regards to recruiting and team building - and I personally think that is a huge contributor to why last years team was so dysfunctional.

Time is running out for K - he's getting desperate to extend this "legendary legacy".

Oh - and if UK tried this 11th hour crap... with a player of such sketchy academics... it would cause howling for years. Double Standard is typical with Duke.

122 struggler, Today at 9:54 AM

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT