ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

I really get a kick out of the way Hole and kitty fans still try and comfort themselves with the lame old, "Well, their super team was proclaimed national champs before last season started, how did that work out for them?" Blah, blah, blahhh. So many of them going out of their way to ignore the fact that yes, injuries were a huge problem for last year's squad. And if someone mentions it then there is more BS spewed from them as to why that doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
I really get a kick out of the way Hole and kitty fans stil try and comfort themselves with the lame old, "Well, their super team was proclaimed national champs before last season started, how did that work out for them?" Blah, blah, blahhh. So many of them going out of their way to ignore the fact that yes, injuries were a huge problem for last year's squad. And if someone mentions it then there is more BS spewed from them as to why that doesn't really matter.
Since he committed to Duke I've seen several posters on RR saying that he's overrated. It really eats away at them that Duke keeps getting #1 ranked players. We'll probably hear more of the same from them about RJ Barrett if he commits to Duke next season.

I, as well as a couple others here, am a big Celtics fan. Good Lord, the Celts could end up with the likes of maybe Bagley and Porter Jr./Ayton/Bamba/Doncic...Good Lord.Thank you Brooklyn Nets!

Reactions: denniden
Col. Angus:
"what a crock of shit. How did Duke get him to reclassify and pick them? I'll be so glad when Coach K retires, steps down, dies, whatever. I miss Cal having no competition whatsoever in recruiting. From 2009-2014 he was hand picking his classes with minimal to no push back from ANY school."

"Wishing death on someone over basketball? Cmon man!"

136 BD Warrior, 43 minutes ago

This Fitch guy is a real lunatic....

BD Warrior:

Fitch44:
"I don't have a problem with that. That rat bastard can crawl off to a hole somewhere and spend his last days eatin a bag of dicks."

He used the "eating a bag of dicks" line in another thread. He must like that one.

I, as well as a couple others here, am a big Celtics fan. Good Lord, the Celts could end up with the likes of maybe Bagley and Porter Jr./Ayton/Bamba/Doncic...Good Lord.Thank you Brooklyn Nets!
Man, even when Paul Pierce and KG left the Celtics, they kept helping them win. LOL. I want Porter on the Celtics as of now. Bagley would be a good choice as well. Messed up part is it is possible that Boston ends up with both.

Oh yeah, Bamba might be the best fit of them all.

Col. Angus:
"what a crock of shit. How did Duke get him to reclassify and pick them? I'll be so glad when Coach K retires, steps down, dies, whatever. I miss Cal having no competition whatsoever in recruiting. From 2009-2014 he was hand picking his classes with minimal to no push back from ANY school."

Col Angus was being honest though. Aside from his hyperbole, he was sort of complimenting K and Duke for their recruiting prowess. It is not easy to reach what Calipari was doing and still does.

Reactions: skysdad
Not complete yet, but Duke has been extremely impressed with both he and his family and how hard they've worked to get this all taken care of. I'd be surprised if he's not with the team come the start of the school year here shortly.
I believe Adam Rowe tweeted out that Bagley will be with the team next week and he was finishing up some class work this week.

Like a popcorn bag, but Instead of reading popcorn, the bag reads, "dicks?" Or a duffle bag? I suppose you would need some durability if you are totting dicks into a hole, that will be your final resting place. Probably a back pack... so your arms are accessible, for crawling.

Man, even when Paul Pierce and KG left the Celtics, they kept helping them win. LOL. I want Porter on the Celtics as of now. Bagley would be a good choice as well. Messed up part is it is possible that Boston ends up with both.

Oh yeah, Bamba might be the best fit of them all.

Gonna be a fun 2018 draft. Even if they end up with like the #3 and #5 picks they will end up with two of something like Ayton, Doncic, Bamba....Good Lordie!

Gonna be a fun 2018 draft. Even if they end up with like the #3 and #5 picks they will end up with two of something like Ayton, Doncic, Bamba....Good Lordie!
Yup. Building, while winning. Love where the Celts are at right now. There are a couple scenarios where I could see Boston trading one or more of those picks coming up....Anthony Davis or maybe Kyrie. Of course that is a big maybe on both accounts but Boston is interested in Kyrie and if Davis ever becomes available, Ainge might camp out at the NO GM's front yard to try and get him in the fold. As much as I love I. Thomas, i do not think Boston will max him out. Unless he can duplicate what he did last year, or close to it.

Yup. Building, while winning. Love where the Celts are at right now. There are a couple scenarios where I could see Boston trading one or more of those picks coming up....Anthony Davis or maybe Kyrie. Of course that is a big maybe on both accounts but Boston is interested in Kyrie and if Davis ever becomes available, Ainge might camp out at the NO GM's front yard to try and get him in the fold. As much as I love I. Thomas, i do not think Boston will max him out. Unless he can duplicate what he did last year, or close to it.

Yeah, I'm not feeling too good about the Celts giving Isiah a max contract either.

Col. Angus:

He's just goofing...you gotta know the story behind the dude to get him.

But yes...wishing injuries or death to opponents is stupid anytime!

As usual Cal truly cares about the kids and that terrible person Coach K does not. He simply uses them for his own selfish reasons. Waaaaaahhhhh!!!! Lol.

BBUK:
"Odds are that K still can't manage attitudes/ ego's nearly as well as Cal. I think this is due to Cal has his heart invested in these kids with what he does and K, not so much. jmuo."

I've said this before. Cal says his priority isn't about winning championships, it's about helping the kids get to the NBA. Really? Well the kids I see him recruiting do not NEED any help getting to the NBA. They are all already lottery picks. If his priority was really HELPING kids get to the NBA, he would be recruiting more 3 star and lower level 4 stars....give it a rest Cal. You know you want more that that one little title!!!....and how long you been coaching?

It's the correct move to pass on a max deal for IT. He's a great regular season asset. He's not going to do much past Rd. 1 of the playoffs.
Accept that he did this past year. Thomas was playing well when he went out of the Cleveland series with the hip problem. I tend to agree on passing on the max deal...if they can. I do want Thomas as a Celtic though. He's done a lot in a short amount of time with Boston. On and off the court.

Reactions: DukeDenver
As usual Cal truly cares about the kids and that terrible person Coach K does not. He simply uses them for his own selfish reasons. Waaaaaahhhhh!!!! Lol.

BBUK:
"Odds are that K still can't manage attitudes/ ego's nearly as well as Cal. I think this is due to Cal has his heart invested in these kids with what he does and K, not so much. jmuo."
It isn't too difficult to realize that both Calipari and K are doing what they feel is best for their guys. It is funny that people lose sight of different ways about getting that done. Like the person you quoted. He is correct about Calipari but dead wrong about K.

Also, K has won 5 titles with 4 different teams, in 4 different decades. 2 of those had Laettner as its key player. If K can't manage egos after all these years, there is no person coaching on any level that can do it.

Guys I've been in disbelief after the MB3 commitment and caught up in recruiting rankings and what not. I just took a moment to carefully watch game footage, not highlights, of this guy. His guard-like proportionality makes his movements look less impressive on tape, but when you consider his actual size and the way he's moving, it is evident we have the best player in college basketball right now, and no one else is close. Bagley is a 6'11 guard that rebounds like a center. His outside shooting isn't good, but he won't need the 3-ball in college. He has great touch and post moves. Our offense is going to be nuts.

Sorry parts of this thread just seem weird to me...kid decides I don't want to be in that class I'll be in this class...hasn't finished his high school work yet...and people are already hoping he'll go to this or that pro team in 8 months. When will this 18 year old ever get the space and time to grow up...I wonder what Kwame Brown would tell him? Or maybe I'm just an old fart?

On a macro level, I wonder the combined effect of one and done AND the condensing of talent in two year cycles will have on talent/product of collegiate BB from year to year?

Dukedenver all good points...he kinda reminds me of a stronger, better shooting Durant. If you compare at similar ages.

Sorry parts of this thread just seem weird to me...kid decides I don't want to be in that class I'll be in this class...hasn't finished his high school work yet...and people are already hoping he'll go to this or that pro team in 8 months. When will this 18 year old ever get the space and time to grow up...I wonder what Kwame Brown would tell him? Or maybe I'm just an old fart?

On a macro level, I wonder the combined effect of one and done AND the condensing of talent in two year cycles will have on talent/product of collegiate BB from year to year?
While I understand your concern, the kid himself has decided he is ready. It's the same argument people make against one and done - if a kid is ready out of high school and he wants to go pro, let him. I tend to agree. MB3 has decided he is ready to do his year of college service before going pro and he'd rather do it a year early than spend another year in high school. If he can take care of his graduation requirements, I don't there is anyone who should be able to stop him. And I for one support whatever decision he makes for himself.

Ready or not, it all seems very rushed for the purpose of maximizing earning potential. We all can remember ourselves at 18...I guess it comes down to is it better to have a little seasoning before you get lottery money dropped in your pocket or grab as much as you can while you can. Maybe, as you suggest it's blessing to have the latitude to speed it up or slow it down depending on the "kid".

As a lifelong Lakers fan it kills me to say it but good lord that team is stacked with potential. A young nucleus of Brown, Tatum, and a combination of Porter/Ayton/Marvin is insane.

Another great thing I saw in that highlight wa the way Tre was getting his passes to him in the right spots for the best shot. A lot of guys are going to benefit from Tre this year.

Reactions: dakid_0812 and dbav
Another great thing I saw in that highlight wa the way Tre was getting his passes to him in the right spots for the best shot. A lot of guys are going to benefit from Tre this year.

He just looks so smooth in his game.. he makes it look effortless in the post! I love the moment where I believe it was Trent Jr. was checking him in the post and Bagley had that running hook... if he can knock that down consistently that's a dangerous post move to have

I agree....this team at the very least is going to be very exciting to watch. Gonna be a lot of sports center highlights....and if they jell with all this talent....wow

Amen. Everything there for the perfect entree, just a matter of right ingredients.

OFC

He just looks so smooth in his game.. he makes it look effortless in the post! I love the moment where I believe it was Trent Jr. was checking him in the post and Bagley had that running hook... if he can knock that down consistently that's a dangerous post move to have

His hook shot has been proven time and time again to be unguardable. Hopefully he falls in love with that and not the three this year.

Reactions: Laettner15
His hook shot has been proven time and time again to be unguardable. Hopefully he falls in love with that and not the three this year.

Agreed. Alcindor and later Jabbar in the NBA made a living killing teams with it. A big with a deadly hook, one of the most difficult shots in the game to defend! OFC

Reactions: Dominator4321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT