ADVERTISEMENT

Lousiville/UNC

That’s honestly something I’ve never, ever seen before. Being that it was a Duke game cutting into a Heels game while they’re getting walloped at home makes it an extra kind of special.

I'm not surprised. I bet they got a ton of crap when they didn't switch away to IU earlier in the year.
If you are ESPN, or any broadcaster, you are only going to have so many opportunities to showcase Zion and RJ on the same team. Not to denigrate any of the other guys on the team, but those two guys might be among the 5-10 best players in the league in 5 or so years, and they'll be on different teams.
Viewers want to see this Duke team play. It doesn't make sense not to show them as much as possible. If the prior game is exciting, or still in doubt, don't switch away. But a boring game being run out because it is long over? No one wants that. And ESPN wanted to get Duke's game on, and over with, before the NFL games kicked off.
As much as we enjoyed it, the UNC fans are even happier. They are glad espn moved away from showing the embarrassing end to a humiliating performance.

Different subject, but this reminds me of a time back in the early to mid 90's, the Masters tournament was going on, and the local TV station cut away from the Masters to start the regularly scheduled program on time. Some sitcom. I don't remember which, anyway, my best friend was livid and called the TV station!!! Believe it or not, after his call, they went back to the Masters programming!!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT