ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk a little Duke football.

Great week for sure for me. Election then great BB get then knocking off the hated Heels. Nice.

I read that Cut is the only coach that has a winning record vs. ranked teams while coaching an unranked team. That says so much about him and his teams.

You can't question the heart of this team, they fight until the end.

Side note: Tarhole fans are such prunes, high fives from everyone when we took the lead except the 4 in light blue behind me. As they were leaving I reminded them who is ranked #1 in BBall. They were less than amused.

by the way can i say those are my "best" looking uniform and helmet combo that i have ever seen at duke? right now they have karma on their side and i say wear them till we get beat. the white helmet version we win our first bowl game. blue version tanks unccheats season. just saying.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Cw9B6RHUoAUegT_.jpg

K and Cut have a great relationship, and K's salute to the fb program was really cool!!

OFC

Agree. In Coach K's eyes if you are a Duke basketball fan then you are a Duke football fan and vice versa with Coach Cut. In fact in their eyes you are a Duke fan. OFC

Agree. In Coach K's eyes if you are a Duke basketball fan then you are a Duke football fan and vice versa with Coach Cut. In fact in their eyes you are a Duke fan. OFC

Amen. I my not be a big fan of every sport but in every sport I am a fan of Duke! I may respect other programs, enjoy watching some other teams but I am and always have been a Duke fan first!

so sears flips to usc last night. tough loss but i think he saw jones develop into a good qb this year and the vast improvement going on at usc and decided to stay close to home. tough loss for us but lets hope we fill that scholly with a player.

I like us to win out the rest of the season and be bowl eligible. Just saying...

Surf I sure hope Parker isnt too disenchanted, because he was beaten out this year by DJ. We need Parker as a very capable back-up I

The news about Sears sucks. I wish we could lock someone like that up. Think what we could be with a stud QB.

That being said, I love the progress Jones has made this year. Looking forward to watching him the rest of the season and the next 3 years.

The news about Sears sucks. I wish we could lock someone like that up. Think what we could be with a stud QB.

That being said, I love the progress Jones has made this year. Looking forward to watching him the rest of the season and the next 3 years.
Jones is a stud QB in the making IMO. If he stays healthy, he will be as good as Sears if not better. Steve Logan, who coached at ECU and most recently with the 49ers, loves Jones. He did a good bit on Jones this week on his radio show, but what really stuck out, is he said NFL scouts already think highly of DJ and he personally thinks he will be playing on Sundays. I tend to agree. DJ just has that "something" about him.

Sears might end up being better, who knows, but I like our guy and I think he helps Duke take the next step as a program.

Yes, but if I remember it was a nagging hammy that kept him out. Hammies seem to linger thru a career. I know we are loaded at TE but other than TJ we don't have anyone to stretch the field. Sears probably saw the same thing.

No excuses for what happened yesterday. This team had TWO EXTRA DAYS to prepare and showed up like "we beat UNC, our work is done." Sadly it reminded me of some of the beatings we took in the ""pre-Cut" days...This one is on the TEAM and The Coaching Staff.....

OFC

It was just a tough year. Looking forward to the future with our young guys. Jones is going to be a great one by the time he leaves and we have some more young guys that are very good. One bid ole thing about this years team is we took unc right out of the ACC championship picture. There's something nice about that. OFC

Hope so Sky...Remember if State falls to Unc next week and Va tech stubs their toe vs UVA- UNC PLAYS CLEMSON for the ACC CROWN...

Sirk was granted a 6th year. Should be a great qb competition in spring ball.
Where are you seeing that? I hope it's true. Would be a super smart move for Sirk, considering he'd get two free years of graduate education at Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT