Xavier Johnson, Pittsburgh
Coby White, UNC
RJ Barrett, Duke
Zion Williamson, Duke

I could see Jaylen Hoard (Wake Forest) possibly making it

POY/ROY: Zion Williamson, Duke
DPOY: Tre Jones, Duke
COY: Chris Mack, Louisville
Most Improved: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech. Also in consideration: Mooney (Notre Dame) and Nwora (Louisville)
Sixth Man: Mfiondu Kabengele, FSU

Last edited:
There’s a lot of nice individual talent in the ACC. Some really deserving guys are going to be left off.

Reactions: Quavarius
Imo, if duke 17-1, there is no other coach than k imho

I was just thinking this. I think winning the regular season should be enough (IMO). We will have met expectations and it will be for the first time since 2010 (winning the regular season) and first time for K winning COY (since 2000). He’s overdue (COY) and we’re overdue (regular season).

I was just thinking this. I think winning the regular season should be enough (IMO). We will have met expectations and it will be for the first time since 2010 (winning the regular season) and first time for K winning COY (since 2000). He’s overdue (COY) and we’re overdue (regular season).
I can't agree Q, other coaches have had much less to work with than Coach K this season even though K is the BOAT.

Beating UVA and unc twice is a pretty dadgum strong resume!!

No one in their right mind thought Duke could possibly go 17-1 (with the only loss coming with Duke down 2 starters).

I can't agree Q, other coaches have had much less to work with than Coach K this season even though K is the BOAT.

I would say working in 5 new starters after losing 4 starters to the NBA (Duval is in the G-League) is very impressive. Yep, we had an elite recruiting class, but we’ve had them in the past and they haven’t netted the same result. As of now, K deserves this award.

Reactions: skysdad
I would say working in 5 new starters after losing 4 starters to the NBA (Duval is in the G-League) is very impressive. Yep, we had an elite recruiting class, but we’ve had them in the past and they haven’t netted the same result. As of now, K deserves this award.

It's kind of wierd . Coach K has gotten to the point as to where he has been so accomplished and set the bar so high that he just about has to go undefeated and win the national championship to be considered ACCPOY or NCOY. OFC

What Sky says is true. Everyone expects more from Duke teams because of the recruits they get. Its the delima that K has created by being so successful, especially where getting top players is concerned. I think starting from game one this season Duke has had superior talent and thats with 4 Freshmen starting. Its not because K hasn't done the job necessary to be the ACC COY but because they were/are just so talented. It would be great with me to see K win COY but in a way its what's become expected of him. Its just what it is!

Reactions: skysdad
some reshuffling:

1st Team All ACC
Barrett
Williamson
C. Johnson
Guy
Hunter

2nd Team All ACC
White
A-Walker
Bowman
Reed
Battle

3rd Team All ACC
Maye
Mooney
Nwora
Blackshear
Lykes

1st Team All ACC Rookies
Barrett
Williamson
White
X. Johnson
Tre Jones

DPOY - Jones or someone from UVA
POY - Williamson
ROY - Barrett
COY - Bennett,Roy

Last edited:
You think they'll split?

wishful thinking, I think raw talent should give it zion, but he has missed some games....rj has been there all season POY Zion best talent, ROY RJ best frosh start to finish........we'll see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT