ACC ROY
Dennis Smith, Jr/Jayson Tatum.......Johnathon Issac...Okogie...Bowman

ACC POY
Luke Kennard.....Justin Jackson....Bonzie Wells......Dwayne Bacon

ACC COY
Josh Pastner

Last edited:
Reactions: Wojoman
Hard to keep Joel Berry off that first team, IMO. He's been one of the better PGs in the country.

I think Luke is a first-teamer, but not sure he's my POY right now.

Reactions: DukeDenver
berry is currently the 18th scorer and 10th assist man...who does he take off?...blossomgame or robinson?

Hard to keep Joel Berry off that first team, IMO. He's been one of the better PGs in the country.

I think Luke is a first-teamer, but not sure he's my POY right now.

He's failed to grow this season. He's still good but he hasn't been the dominant guy i expected this year.

Another one of roys four projects. No way he is 1st team all acc imo.

OFC

This looks like a debate over whether stats or subjective value should be the driver of this list. Berry is no stats dynamo, but I'd take him over any other point man in the ACC at this time.

This looks like a debate over whether stats or subjective value should be the driver of this list. Berry is no stats dynamo, but I'd take him over any other point man in the ACC at this time.
Yeah I'm not really sure what we are debating here. The guy is a fantastic college pg. hate him all you want bc he's a unc player, but let's not be blind here too.

Reactions: carolinablue34
John Collins may find himself on the first team if he keeps racking up double-doubles.

I really think berry is the heart and soul of unc. As he goes so do the heels. Really would be nice to shut him down completely next week. He team mate jackson and our Luke are 3 of 1st team all ACC right now. The other 2 could be any number of players. Lots of good players in the league this year. A lot can change between now and tourney time. As for berry hard to say anything bad or negative about him. He did have something to say about how Coach K banned the team from the locker room. He didn't get it but he's a tar heel and he can't help it. That's his nature. OFC

Not downing the kid at all...he is the man that makes them go...he is great, but yeah i'm looking at stats at the moment to some degree......9 ACC games left..just a current prediction that means absolutely nothing

If Louisville wins the regular season title, than there is no way you can leave Donovan Mitchell off of the first team. He seems to hit big shots every game.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Justin Jackson, Joel Berry, Luke Kennard, Dwyane Bacon...any big men that have done really well this year?

A lot of talented players in the league this season. Anyone on my honorable mention list could easily make one of the All-ACC teams.

1st-Team:
Dennis Smith, NC State
Dwayne Bacon, FSU
Luke Kennard, Duke
Justin Jackson, UNC
John Collins, Wake Forest

2nd-Team:
Joel Berry, UNC
London Perrantes, Virginia
Donovan Mitchell, Louisville
Andrew White, Syracuse
Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame

3rd-team:
Matt Farrell, Notre Dame
Jamel Artis, Pittsburgh
Jaron Blossomgame, Clemson
Jayson Tatum, Duke
Ben Lammers, Georgia Tech

HM:
Jonathan Isaac, FSU
Grayson Allen, Duke
Amile Jefferson, Duke
Kennedy Meeks, UNC
Tyler Lydon, Syracuse
Zach LeDay, Virginia Tech
Davon Reed, Miami
Ja'Quan Newton, Miami
Bryant Crawford, Wake Forest
Jerome Robinson, Boston College
Michael Young, Pittsburgh

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Justin Jackson, Joel Berry, Luke Kennard, Dwyane Bacon...any big men that have done really well this year?
No way Jackson and Berry both make it. I think Berry is the better player, but Jackson has had the better season (because he's been healthier.)
Berry is only averaging 14.9 pts and 4 assists with 2.5 turnovers a game. Grayson and Jayson's numbers across the board are better than Berry's, and no I don't think either has been a first-teamer this year.

Congrats to Jackson on his probable first-team All ACC year, came in ranked higher than Justise Winslow and still tearing up the college game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't the 9 team conference that it used to be. Making fist team all-conference almost requires All-American type numbers. You have to have really special players to get two guys on the 1st Team. Every time a school gets multiple all-league players, that ensures that one school won't have any players on any of the three all-conference teams. On my picks, for example, I don't have anyone from Miami, Boston College, or Virginia Tech - even though all three schools have very capable players that are worthy of all-conference honors.

Having said that, Berry will not make 1st Team All-Conference.

Last edited:
Dude, no way in hell Jackson and berry make first team. Jackson yes...berry no. He's been kinda like Paige was. Hyped up before the season but really didn't live up to the hype. Very solid player, but not first team acc.

Dude, no way in hell Jackson and berry make first team. Jackson yes...berry no. He's been kinda like Paige was. Hyped up before the season but really didn't live up to the hype. Very solid player, but not first team acc.

He's the best PG in the ACC. If anything he's succeeded expectations.

And it isn't really fair to compare his numbers with Grayson Allen or Tatum, they play different positions and don't handle the ball as much.

And it isn't really fair to compare his numbers with Grayson Allen or Tatum, they play different positions and don't handle the ball as much.
Hahaha...Berry has the ball in his hands much more than Grayson but yet averages the EXACT SAME number of assists as Grayson, at 4.0. And most on this board would agree, the Grayson at PG experiment was a failure.

Oh, and Grayson (who doesn't have the ball as much as Berry) averages more points too.

No one on here is saying Allen or Tatum deserve 1st team acc. That would be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as you saying berry should be 1st team.

Hahaha...Berry has the ball in his hands much more than Grayson but yet averages the EXACT SAME number of assists as Grayson, at 4.0. And most on this board would agree, the Grayson at PG experiment was a failure.

Oh, and Grayson (who doesn't have the ball as much as Berry) averages more points too.
That's not exactly fair. Yes they technically have the same amount of assists, but Berry is leading all of basketball including the NBA and international in blown assists, and the committee takes that into account. He's averaging close to 23 apg if you count the blown assists.

berry is currently the 18th scorer and 10th assist man...who does he take off?...blossomgame or robinson?
Agree with this. He has had some really good games but then he disappears too. He needs to be more consistent IMO to be considered 1st team. Especially when the ball is in his hands most of the time.

No one on here is saying Allen or Tatum deserve 1st team acc. That would be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as you saying berry should be 1st team.

I think you can make a better argument that Berry deserves 1st team than Allen or Tatum. He's had some unreal games and he is the engine that makes us go, while Allen has provided some less than pleasant distractions, and Tatum, while enormously talented, doesn't make the best decisions.

Numbers are important yes, but I would also factor in the way Berry has performed in big games and the way our offense relies on him.

And how did Dennis Smith fare against him?

Are you implying that Joel Berry is the better player because he and his team fared better than Dennis Smith in one isolated game? By that same standard, Ja’Quan Newton, Josh Heath, and Josh Newkirk are superior point guards to Berry. The best players are the most consistent. Dennis Smith is the most consistent point guard in the league - and it’s not even close. Bush-league argument, bro.

Are you implying that Joel Berry is the better player because he and his team fared better than Dennis Smith in one isolated game? By that same standard, Ja’Quan Newton, Josh Heath, and Josh Newkirk are superior point guards to Berry. The best players are the most consistent. Dennis Smith is the most consistent point guard in the league - and it’s not even close. Bush-league argument, bro.

Not at all, but I do think Berry has more than held his own against guards that have better NBA potential. He's a great college PG. And he's also got two years on Smith, which helps.

Not at all, but I do think Berry has more than held his own against guards that have better NBA potential. He's a great college PG. And he's also got two years on Smith, which helps.
Does UNC even have an NBA player on there roster???????????????????????????? Besides the late great Luke Maye?

I think you can make a better argument that Berry deserves 1st team than Allen or Tatum. He's had some unreal games and he is the engine that makes us go, while Allen has provided some less than pleasant distractions, and Tatum, while enormously talented, doesn't make the best decisions.

Numbers are important yes, but I would also factor in the way Berry has performed in big games and the way our offense relies on him.
You make zero sense. UNC leads the ACC in PPG and possessions per game, yet Berry has worse numbers than Grayson and Jayson. How is that possible?????

Not to mention...Duke has a clear #1 scorer go-to-guy down the stretch in Luke, I'd say Jackson is not yet that guy for UNC (they have multiple options) but yet Berry's numbers are still inferior to Grayson and Jayson (who are deferring to Luke)??

At this point, I don't think there is any argument that Dennis Smith isn't the best PG in the ACC. 19 ppg and 7 assists. He will be 1st Team All-ACC and deservedly so.

As far as the next best, you could make a very compelling argument that Perrantes gets the nod over Berry. I don't think that is my personal opinion, but I could see the argument. LP is averaging the same assists, and one less basket a game on 2/3 of the possessions, and is a better defender.

Either way, they will both be on the All-ACC 2nd team, which is pretty damn good.

Does UNC even have an NBA player on there roster???????????????????????????? Besides the late great Luke Maye?

I'd say Justin Jackson is NBA worthy as is Tony Bradley when the time comes.

But we all know the reason for that, Roy isn't picking up the kids that typically become NBA mainstays. Whether Joel can make it in the league remains to be seen, but I doubt it. I love JB, but I'm not sure I see his stock getting higher.

Colson has been an absolute monster lately. I really do not like him but he has been great this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT