ADVERTISEMENT

100% of the way ACC Awards...its a wrap!!!

updated:
C.O.Y - Coach K
R.O.Y - Big Vern
P.O.Y. - Vernon Carey...............................................Jordan Nwora.... Tre Jones
D.P.O.Y - Tre Jones

1st Team
Vernon Carey
Jordan Nwora
John Mooney
Tre Jones
Elijah Hughes

2nd Team
Buddy Boheim
Landers Nolley
Michael Devoe
Aamir Simms
Devan Vassell...............Garrison Brooks............Childress....Lykes...McGusty....Anthony

1st Team All Freshman
Vernon Carey
Cassius Stanley
Joe Girard
Landers Nolley
Jay Heath................Matthew Hurt.............Patrick Williams........Cole Anthony
Boeheim on 2nd team? Zoinks!

K has zero chance to win COY. He deserves it, but no way he wins. When Josh Pastner won it a few years ago with a losing record in conference....well, you just throw up your hands and move on.

i totally agree. At least the media votes on it rather than the damn coaches in division 2 and 3. Talk about agenda galore...

Consistency never wins

Reactions: Quavarius
Of course they will. Look who the ACC commissioner is,

believe me, I hate that a former UNC AD is the commish. But having been in sports info for more than a decade, i can assure you that the commish has nothing to do with these awards

What does he have to do? I saw espn today say that Leonard Hamilton is the front runner and his top competition is tony Bennett. Can’t make this shit up.

I saw that shit. So I was thinking, well maybe the big boy coaches just won’t be considered. Then they list Self in the Big 12 and Cal in the SEC. They list how those coaches lost so much th previous year. Duke lost 3 lottery picks and sit at 22-3 with a head to head win over Self. Make it make sense.

Throw the whole list away. I don’t mind if Hamilton wins it, but to have Bennett over K as his competition is dumb as hell.

That’s why I don’t expect K to ever win it. The media just isn’t going to reward him because of their bias. Even if he went undefeated, they’d say “well he should go undefeated. Coach X won 10 games this season after only winning 2 last season and is therefore the REAL Coach of the Year!”

Reactions: timo0402
K has zero chance to win COY. He deserves it, but no way he wins. When Josh Pastner won it a few years ago with a losing record in conference....well, you just throw up your hands and move on.

Just saw the ESPN stuff. I really can’t believe this would even be a thought. It’s insane to me. Oh well. Like you said, throw up your hands.

Reactions: Quavarius
updated:
C.O.Y - ...Louisville Coach or Hamilton................Coach K
R.O.Y - Big Vern
P.O.Y. - Vernon Carey...Jordan Nwora.... Tre Jones
D.P.O.Y - Tre Jones

1st Team
Vernon Carey
Jordan Nwora
John Mooney
Tre Jones
Elijah Hughes

2nd Team
Landers Nolley
Michael Devoe
Aamir Simms
DevanVassell
Buddy Boheim...........Childress, Lykes, McGusty, Brooks, Anthony

1st Team All Freshman
Vernon Carey
Cassius Stanley
Joe Girard
Landers Nolley
Jay Heath................Matthew Hurt.............Patrick Williams........Cole Anthony.........Bryce

updated: FINAL ANSWER
C.O.Y - ...Louisville Coach or Hamilton...whichever wins the conference
R.O.Y - Big Vern
P.O.Y. - Tre Jones....Jordan Nwora/Vernon Carey
D.P.O.Y - Tre Jones

1st Team
Vernon Carey
Jordan Nwora
John Mooney
Tre Jones
Elijah Hughes

2nd Team
Landers Nolley
Michael Devoe
Garrison Brooks
Brandon Childress
(Devan Vassell....................Alvarado...Diakete.Boheim.. Lykes, Simms, Anthony)

1st Team All Freshman
Vernon Carey
Cassius Stanley
Joe Girard
Landers Nolley
CJ Bryce.....Jay Heath........Patrick Williams........Cole Anthony........Hurt

Last edited:
Considering how long it’s been since he’s won any COY, I think the only way that we’ll ever see Coach K win the ACC COY MIGHT be his final season as a coach whenever that will be.

Last edited:
Considering how long it’s been since he’s won any COY, I think the only way that we’ll ever see Coach K win the ACC COY MIGHT be his final season as a coach whenever that will be.

The big question is not when his final season will be, but who will take his place.

The big question is not when his final season will be, but who will take his place.
If I didn’t know that if was you then I would’ve sworn that if was pisgah they quoted me because he’s the one usually turns threads into “who will replace Coach K” discussions lol

Reactions: DukefanKY

We really need to discuss this. There are a lot of candidates out there including some dark horses that may be even one of us. OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT