ADVERTISEMENT

Its a wrap... ACC awards

BOOGIEMAN1914

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 15, 2007
P.O.Y - Jones....Hurt....Champaignie
C.O.Y - Hamilton...Young..........................................................Bennett
R.O.Y - Steward..........................................Love...Barnes.....Sharpe
D.P.O.Y - Alvarado....Huff....Champaignie.......Wright......................Bates

1st Team All ACC
Champaignie
Hurt
Alvarado
Jones
Hauser

2nd Team All ACC
Wright
Laszewski
Wong
Aluma
Guerrier

1st Team Freshman ACC
Steward
Sharpe
Barnes
Love
Richmond

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
P.O.Y - Champaignie
C.O.Y - Bennett
R.O.Y - Steward........Love...Barnes.....Sharpe
D.P.O.Y - Alvarado....Huff....Champaignie.............................Bates

1st Team All ACC
Champaignie
Hurt
Alvarado
Jones
Hauser

2nd Team All ACC
Wright
Laszewski
Wong
Aluma
Guerrier

1st Team Freshman ACC
Steward
Sharpe
Barnes
Love
??????
I know that you probably don't watch very many FSU games, but to not have Gray or Walker on these lists is a travesty, especially Walker who at a minimum will be second team if it ended today

I know that you probably don't watch very many FSU games, but to not have Gray or Walker on these lists is a travesty, especially Walker who at a minimum will be second team if it ended today

i feel you, but one thing about fsu, its generally by committee w/ lots of guys getting minutes Walker 14/3/3 and Gray 11/7/2....i could see maybe one on 2nd...didnt do a third team.....just a guess...we'll see come end of season

Jones is a reason we should try to land at least one high level transfer a year. Not all of them work out, like Tape, but some really do. I wouldn't say Tape was high level though. Not to pick on Tape but I imagine coach thought we'd get more out of him this year.

Jones is a reason we should try to land at least one high level transfer a year. Not all of them work out, like Tape, but some really do. I wouldn't say Tape was high level though. Not to pick on Tape but I imagine coach thought we'd get more out of him this year.
Jones went to Louisville because he had a starting spot essentially guaranteed to him, just about every high level transfer is looking at schools just like high level recruits are: they want to come in and start immediately. Duke's problem has been our rosters are so loaded and deep (usually) that no transfers are being told to "come here and start." It appears we don't have any starting spots available next year provided Roach, Steward, and Wendell return.

I agree on Tape', I feel like the staff expected a little more, oh well, it's a short commitment at least. We could use a veteran backup PG next year behind Roach.

Jones went to Louisville because he had a starting spot essentially guaranteed to him, just about every high level transfer is looking at schools just like high level recruits are: they want to come in and start immediately. Duke's problem has been our rosters are so loaded and deep (usually) that no transfers are being told to "come here and start." It appears we don't have any starting spots available next year provided Roach, Steward, and Wendell return.

I agree on Tape', I feel like the staff expected a little more, oh well, it's a short commitment at least. We could use a veteran backup PG next year behind Roach.
a good enough guard could take roach's spot.....but Goldy's 29 mpg are to be had

Reactions: christophero
I was thinking the same thing. Even if they split minutes at PG. Some depends on how much Roach improves. It's not like he's an all ACC guy or top 10 freshman.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Carlik Jones is the Most VALUABLE Player in my opinion. He's been worth at least 5 or 6 wins above an average PG
just a caveat on Jones....he plays the most minutes in the league 37.3mpg....he takes the most shots 15 pg...makes 6...has the most misses pg 9....(tied w/ Boheim on both)....of the top 10 scorers in the ACC, he has the 2nd lowest fg% at 42 and the lowest 3pt% at 33....does rebound well for a small guard 5 pg and is 4th in ast at 5 pg(4.5)

just a caveat on Jones....he plays the most minutes in the league 37.3mpg....he takes the most shots 15 pg...makes 6...has the most misses pg 9....(tied w/ Boheim on both)....of the top 10 scorers in the ACC, he has the 2nd lowest fg% at 42 and the lowest 3pt% at 33....does rebound well for a small guard 5 pg and is 4th in ast at 5 pg(4.5)

Those are interesting stats for sure.

I still think Jones gets it, but he will be greatly aided by the fact that it is a historically down year for the ACC, as far as being "top heavy" (likely to be the first time in 30 years the ACC does not produce a 1 or 2 seed). I think there is great depth of solid teams in the league, but not necessarily anyone really knocking on that championship door.

Those are interesting stats for sure.

I still think Jones gets it, but he will be greatly aided by the fact that it is a historically down year for the ACC, as far as being "top heavy" (likely to be the first time in 30 years the ACC does not produce a 1 or 2 seed). I think there is great depth of solid teams in the league, but not necessarily anyone really knocking on that championship door.
Wright may be in the mix now...

Reactions: geddoughton23
Good call, BOOGIEMAN1914. Moses Wright won the Player of the Year with 33 votes. Jones and Champagnie tied for second with 13
Dont think you could've gone wrong with either Jones or Wright...I think Wright had the better talent talent around him in Alvarado, Usher, and Devoe......a 1 yr league guy versus a 4 year league guy, I'd give the nod to Wright as well

ACC R.O.Y
Barnes: 10 4 and 4 48%fg 27%3pt 57%ft....25mpg

Sharpe 10 8 and 1 51%fg 54%ft......19mpg

DJ 13 4 and 2 43%fg 34%3pt 81%ft....31mpg

team success?...it could be reasoned that if Barnes and Sharpe played more minutes..scoring/reb/ast would be increased

Caleb Love: FG% 31.9; 3P% 23.8: A/TO: 1.13

Makes All Frosh team, but gets no votes for Frosh of the year. Whatever.

Caleb Love: FG% 31.9; 3P% 23.8: A/TO: 1.13

Makes All Frosh team, but gets no votes for Frosh of the year. Whatever.
hard to put Richmond over him though....i totally missed that Withers was a freshman

Why not Roach then? They each averaged 28 minutes per game.

LOVE: FG% 31.9; 3P% 23.8: A/TO: 1.13
ROACH: FG% 44.7; 3P% 28.9: A/TO: 1.30

Just sayin.
def a possibility, guess maybe loves athleticism shines aboves roach????
CL 10 ppg 3 reb 4 ast
JR 9 ppg 2 reb 3 ast

At least brooks didn't make any honors. By the way because of the covid can he come back next year? Just how does that rule work? OFC
Brooks is eligible to return, but will not. It was a free year for all players. It was good to see Brooks look happy the other night. He's looked taciturn all year.

I must assume a lot of voters watched Love vs. Duke twice and concluded that he was an All American. Of course a the same could be said for Wright, Jones, Champagnie, etc. 😟

I must assume a lot of voters watched Love vs. Duke twice and concluded that he was an All American. Of course a the same could be said for Wright, Jones, Champagnie, etc. 😟
Substitute ad nauseum for etc 🤮

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT