ADVERTISEMENT

1 week left ACC Awards

Berry has fallen since this thread was posted. He's clearly not a first-teamer right now, but he might struggle to make second-team, as well.

Colson has really come on the last couple weeks. But these things change. Colson, Kennard and Jackson almost have to be on there right now. Of course, there's also Smith from State.

I'll be curious to see how UNC plays down the stretch. They also have a tough schedule coming up, and while many of those 'tough' games are at home, I don't think they're good enough to pencil them in as shoe-in victories.

Blossomgame won't be 1st-Team. I could easily see him sliding to 3rd-Team. At this point, I think you have to have Kennard, Jackson, Colson, and Collins on the 1st-Team. Final spot I would debate between Dennis Smith, Donovan Mitchell, and Dwayne Bacon.

Just for clarification, is the voting on the All-ACC teams based on ACC games only, or does it factor in the entire season?

Am I to assume that ACC POY will come down to Kennard and Justin Jackson?

I think Bonzi Colson should be mentioned right now too. Honestly, with 2/3 of the season still to be played, a lot of things can change out between now and then....but I think those three, along with maybe Donovon Mitchell of Louisville, have to be in the conversation right now.

I think Bonzi Colson should be mentioned right now too. Honestly, with 2/3 of the season still to be played, a lot of things can change out between now and then....but I think those three, along with maybe Donovon Mitchell of Louisville, have to be in the conversation right now.
Is that some THR math? ;)

Reactions: dukiejay
Jayson Tatum may be threatening Dennis Smith, Jr for ACCRoY...16ppg 7reb 2ast..team in the top 3 of conference 1 game out 1st place....or ball dominant pg averaging 19 ppg 7ast 4reb and his team is in the cellar of the conference

big luke maye working his way up into the 100. He had 14 last night. OFC

I think you can make a better argument that Berry deserves 1st team than Allen or Tatum. He's had some unreal games and he is the engine that makes us go, while Allen has provided some less than pleasant distractions, and Tatum, while enormously talented, doesn't make the best decisions.

Numbers are important yes, but I would also factor in the way Berry has performed in big games and the way our offense relies on him.

Funny this kind of blew up in your face- you wrote it the day before the Duke-UNC game....Allen went for 25, Tatum 19 (most in 2nd half) and I think we kind of shut down Berry???

OFC

Justin Jackson is having a great year and I hope he finishes great accept when playing Duke and even then that's fine with me as long as Duke wins. I want to see him out of unc and anyone else down there who is any good. OFC

Let's not rule out Berry in the POY talk... After all, he is leading the conference with 8.6 blown assists per game.

I wonder what Berry's man crush, Guru Gary, will have to say if Berry is not on that first team?

Justin Jackson is having a great year and I hope he finishes great accept when playing Duke and even then that's fine with me as long as Duke wins. I want to see him out of unc and anyone else down there who is any good. OFC

It sincerely wont bother me if Jackson never makes another shot for the 'Holes....

OFC

Reactions: dukedevilz
mitchell is nice, but who does he supplant?...he did step up when the two guards went down....just looking at stats 12th scorer, 35th reb, 26th ast, 31st 3pt%

It's going to be Jackson and he should get it. OFC

Mitchell put up a dud last night...We have to handle business Saturday and ND needs to beat Louisville...for a unc/nd reg season share...state loss looms large....final predictions:
ALL ACC 1st Team: Kennard...Jackson...Colson..Collins....???????
All ACC FROSH: Tatum...Okogie...Smith...Bowman...Issacs
ACCPoY: Kennard/Jackson...saturday may deteremine
ACCRoY: Tatum
ACCCoY: Pastner

Mitchell put up a dud last night...We have to handle business Saturday and ND needs to beat Louisville...for a unc/nd reg season share...state loss looms large....final predictions:
ALL ACC 1st Team: Kennard...Jackson...Colson..Collins....Mitchell
All ACC FROSH: Tatum...Okogie...Smith...Bowman...Issacs
ACCPoY: Kennard/Jackson...saturday may deteremine..Jackson
ACCRoY: Tatum..Smith, Jr.
ACCCoY: Pastner

Amile going from looking like a potential All-American to not even an honorable mention totally mirrors Duke's slide this season. If we can get him, we'll need double double Amile back for the tourneys. Not likely though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT