ADVERTISEMENT

just about a wrap.... ACC Awards

BOOGIEMAN1914

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 15, 2007
Coach of the Year: Bennett...............................................................................Brownell
ACCPoY: Bagley........Maye
ACCRoY: Bagley

All ACC 1st Team
Bagley
Maye
Battle
Robinson
Guy

All ACC 2nd Team
Wendell Carter
Berry
Bowman
Crawford
Reed

All ACC Rookie 1st Team
Bagley
Carter
Trent
Duval
Brissett

Last edited:
Joel Berry: 3rd team.
Wendell Carter: 2nd team
Trevon Duval (1st in assists, 5th in steals): 3rd team or honorable mention
Grayson Allen: no clue honestly
Gary Trent: honorable mention

No Jalek Felton? You're a little biased, aren't you? ;)

ha, anybody notice in the vatech game jaleek snub berry, sean may, appeared to do the same to the next coach, and then give hubert the top of his hand hand slap:eek:

Someday jalek felton won't be known as jalek felton. He will be known as just "jalek " one of the top 50 NBA players ever. OFC

Reactions: dukiejay
I know Coach K doesn’t get any coach of the year love anymore (not since 99 I think?) but I honestly think if he can continue to get these freshmen to buy in to team ball and continue to improve on D that he should at least be in the running.

I know Coach K doesn’t get any coach of the year love anymore (not since 99 I think?) but I honestly think if he can continue to get these freshmen to buy in to team ball and continue to improve on D that he should at least be in the running.
1999 was the last time that he was Naismith Coach of the Year but he was ACC Coach of the Year in 2000. Hard to believe it’s been almost 18 years since the last time he won a Coach of the Year Award.

Reactions: BlueDaveil
How can Berry be 2nd team averaging 3 assists a game and shooting less than 40 percent?
If he keeps playing well I would put the big center at State on 3rd team.

true but he is avg 17ppg 4reb.........its fluid:)....heck grayson is at 15 4 and 4...taking less shots...yeah the state big man is at 14 and 7, but only 23 mpg....more minutes, his stats could rise

robinson and maye making the PoY race interesting

so with uva playing as well as they are seems they should have a rep on the 1st team...kyle guy appears to be that man......but Gary Trent has better numbers

gary seems a def 3rd team and may creep into 2nd team?

with bag3 recent string of games missed....maye is gaining ground fast imo in PoY race

berry and wendell pushing 1st team as no uva player seems to warrant 1st team status

grayson approaching bottom of 2nd team or top of 3rd team 16 ppg 3 reb 5 ast

Last edited:
Virginia will get someone on the first team given how good they’ve been this year.

I think ACC POY would be Bagley right now. But if he misses the rest of ACC play and Maye shows out, I could see it flipping.

My first team:
Berry
Battle
Guy
Maye
Bagley

Second team:
Robinson
Bowman
Reed
Carter
Crawford

Freshmen of the year: Bagley
POY: Bagley (Maye in second)

I know I picked two for UNC on the first team, but I can’t help it. It’s my nature right, @skysdad? :D

They will give Maye POY because Bags gets the rook award. Unfair, but it WILL happen.

Carter making that 1st team....
Did anyone know that his stats are almost IDENTICAL to junior Shelden Williams'? Who happened to make 1st team All-ACC....

1st team
-Kyle Guy
-Tyus Battle
-Luke Bird Maye
-Marvin Bagley III
-Wendell Carter JR

2nd Team
-Joel "I'm Still Here because the NBA Don't Want Me" Barry
-Grayson Allen
-Devon Hall
-Gary Trent JR
- Jerome Robinson

Reactions: GillJET
Virginia will get someone on the first team given how good they’ve been this year.

I think ACC POY would be Bagley right now. But if he misses the rest of ACC play and Maye shows out, I could see it flipping.

My first team:
Berry
Battle
Guy
Maye
Bagley

Second team:
Robinson
Bowman
Reed
Carter
Crawford

Freshmen of the year: Bagley
POY: Bagley (Maye in second)

I know I picked two for UNC on the first team, but I can’t help it. It’s my nature right, @skysdad? :D

I just can't figure out how you left pinson off 1st team much less the second team . manley had a good game the other night so he to be right up there with Bagley. So if Bagley does miss the rest of the season you can move pinson right up there with manley as the ACCROY. While speaking of maye I do recognize the effort he has made since a freshman but he gets away with some of the same stuff hansbrough did. unc fans just don't see it because of exactly what you stated. They can't help it. It's their nature. :D OFC

Reactions: GillJET
I just can't figure out how you left pinson off 1st team much less the second team . manley had a good game the other night so he to be right up there with Bagley. So if Bagley does miss the rest of the season you can move pinson right up there with manley as the ACCROY. While speaking of maye I do recognize the effort he has made since a freshman but he gets away with some of the same stuff hansbrough did. unc fans just don't see it because of exactly what you stated. They can't help it. It's their nature. :D OFC

Ah, skysdad, how could I have forgotten Theo? As a matter of fact, why not put the entire Carolina team as All-ACC?

Ha, all joking aside, I know you guys aren't big fans of Luke Maye but you really have to hand it to him. I'm a diehard Carolina fan and I never thought he'd get to where he is now.

A lot of the voters are unx grads. They will have two on first team. You can bank on that.
Remember last year even Jackson said Luke should’ve been poy. (The real Luke)!

I think Maye will be POY because Duke is doing so well w/o Bagley while UNC might have 3-4 more losses in conference without Maye. I still don't buy Maye as being that great but he hustles and makes shots and seems to have a nose for the ball. As much as I hate to give Roy credit, he has 2 low ranked players starting for him and doing well (Maye and Williams).

guy avg 15/2/1.........i just dont see it....uva has been a collection of its parts, not anyone that has been dominant imo...........15ppg 2reb 1ast ALL ACC 1ST TEAM?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT