ADVERTISEMENT

Impact on 2020-21 Roster

I would love for tre to stay but let's think about this. We already know K would play him 38+ mins a game, so then you have a senior goldwire and stud 5 star in roach sitting on the bench the whole year. If we get tre back we are obv better for it but do we lose goldwire or roach if so?

Yea that tweet is hard to believe. The kids when home Sunday morning so if hurt would have told coach he was transferring it would be out by now or reported by our insiders. Secondly it’s crazy tot think rumors were out a day after he got home, let’s say his parents did say that. I don’t think it’s had enough time to get from parents to someone else in one day

I wouldn’t say Hurt played big this year though. Having him would help a little with depth but I don’t really consider him a big. Henry Coleman is already 6’8 240 and still growing. He will be a good back up 5 for us. Big strong kid that can rebound and defend. Not many teams are playing inside out.

If Duke wants another big man, we can easily get one.

Qunnipiac's Kevin Marfo, the leading rebounder in the NCAA at 13.3 per game, is available as a grad transfer. Seton Hall's Tauren Thompson is available. Many more capable big men will be on the market soon.

If Duke wants another big man, we can easily get one.

Qunnipiac's Kevin Marfo, the leading rebounder in the NCAA at 13.3 per game, is available as a grad transfer. Seton Hall's Tauren Thompson is available. Many more capable big men will be on the market soon.
Exactly! They need to land someone as a backup plan to Mark Williams. IMO, they're not being smart if they don't add one.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Kuminga will hopefully reclassify and become Zion 2. Duke can play 5 out except when Williams or Coleman are on the floor. They would be a nightmare to try and defend especially w Roach,Steward,Moore, Johnson and Kuminga playing together.
Roach/JGold
Moore/Steward/Alex
Johnson/Baker
Kuminga/Brakefield
Williams/Coleman

Reactions: dachampishere2
Seth Towns is an interesting prospect. Had 4 scholarship offers from Big Ten schools out of high school. He wasn't a diamond in the rough by any means. He was awarded the Ivy League POY as a sophomore. Ivy League has had some really good players. He can shoot the ball really well, and could probably fill the role as a stretch 4, should Hurt leave. You could argue that he's the best transfer on the market.

The problem is, Towns announced his intentions to transfer more than a month ago. And just a couple of days ago he tweeted that he'd be making his announcement this week. Seems a little late in the game. I think it might help that we're Duke - and his coach, Tommy Amaker, is a K disciple. But I'm not sure I like our chances when schools like Kansas, Ohio State, and Virginia have been pursuing him heavily. Also, we need to consider the fact that he's missed the past two years with injuries. All that being said, he has huge upside. Huge. I would absolutely take him.

Reactions: jwill133
We’ve also been in contact with Yale forward Jordan Bruner. 6’9” grad transfer who averages 11 points and 9 rebounds. Would be a nice addition to our front court for next year.

We’ve also been in contact with Yale forward Jordan Bruner. 6’9” grad transfer who averages 11 points and 9 rebounds. Would be a nice addition to our front court for next year.

He had a nice stat line against UNC this year. He had 17 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks, and 2 steals. I know UNC sucked this season, but they always have good post play and he got the best of Brooks and Bacot in that game.

Towns is announcing his intention by the end of the week.
Either Duke or the hometown O$U.

I want him. 44% from three. Seems like a pretty good athlete.

Reactions: timo0402
Towns is announcing his intention by the end of the week.
Either Duke or the hometown O$U.

I want him. 44% from three. Seems like a pretty good athlete.
Keep in mind though, he was shooting 44% against lesser competition. That number will probably go down in the ACC.

Reactions: pisgah101
Keep in mind though, he was shooting 44% against lesser competition. That number will probably go down in the ACC.
It will. IVY league athletes aren’t anything like ACC type athletes. K went hard after Joe Cremo a couple years ago who was an elite scoring shooter, went to Villanova and couldn’t get on the floor, too slow and unathletic.

Towns seems much quicker than the regular mid major scorer. And the nice thing here is he would be a luxury weapon for us and not a necessity.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Does anyone know anything about 6'8" power forward Warren Coolidge out of Carver High in L.A. Cal.? OFC

I really want this dude...2 years removed from the POY in his conference and dropping 25in Kentucky. He will be another leader that we will need next season as we may only have JGold/AOC/Baker and hopefully Moore.

He’s a knockdown shooter at 6’7 220 that handles like a guard-and shoots 80% From
The line...16PPG/6boards/over 40% from 3 shooting nearly 5 a game. Kid can ball!!

Can’t stress this enough....Can NEVER have too many shooters. Will AOC regress again or have a nice bounce back Sr year, will Baker be able to help the team consistently next season? All legit questions. Again...can never have too much shooting and this dude can shoot the rock! The freshmen will be freshmen (inconsistent)

Last edited:
Luke Kennard is the last really good shooter we’ve had. I’d welcome Towns.
I don’t get how someone wouldn’t want him. 2 years left, good shooter, and a pretty good FT shooter. The only negative about him is the fact he’s coming off an injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT