ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen Stat-Tracker

Screw it. Purchased off Ebay. Who knows when we will have a star Senior again

RL4D3n0.png

Duke wins and Grayson scores 10....onto the Sweet 16. He needs 31 more for 2,000.

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
11. Jim Spanarkel - 2,012
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
T12. Shane Battier - 1,984
14. Trajan Langdon - 1,974
15. Grayson Allen - 1,969
16. Shelden Williams - 1,928
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884

The way things are happening in college ball, very difficult to imagine that we or any school will have another 2000 point player in near future.

The way things are happening in college ball, very difficult to imagine that we or any school will have another 2000 point player in near future.
You're not the only person putting forth this narrative, so it's nothing personal, but we've had two 2000-point scorers in the last decade in Kyle and Jon. Yes, the game has changed, has changed rapidly, and is continuing to change, but if Grayson makes a 3rd 2000-point scorer at one school in 9 years, we should probably tone down the rhetoric a bit about how long it might be before Duke -- let alone any school -- sees it again. There are currently at least 3 seniors at major conference schools (well, if the BE still counts) who have already surpassed 2000 career points this year.

Reactions: pisgah101
I hope we are having this discussion 3 years from now about AO's chances, but I think that's a pretty good reach....

I hope we are having this discussion 3 years from now about AO's chances, but I think that's a pretty good reach....
It's probably a reach for any one player, but I'd say his floor is higher than Grayson's was as a freshman. Grayson was more explosive, but Alex has arguably been more consistent and with the potential to add some muscle, he'll be more physically imposing. Of course, Grayson is on the brink of 2000 points b/c of his ceiling, not his floor, so we'll just have to root for Alex's roof to have skylights because as we all learned last year from our belovedly hated rivals down the road, the chandelier is the wall.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Alex will be a great weapon off the bench next year, and will probably get a few starts. By junior year he'll be the man. If he puts on weight and progresses he may not have a senior year. Will be fun to watch. And he still could have a Grayson like explosion in the tourney this year. Grayson is really playing well in the tourney btw.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Alex' skills and physical attributes athletically are there. He does need to add strength & weight. Alex entered Duke very skinny and K said by the beginning of the preseason he had gained 15lbs working with the strength & conditioning program. He is listed now around 172ish, and if he stays focused to the strength program, it's not far fetched to say he will be 185+ by next year. (Luke added 15lbs between Fr & Soph year).

Alex has that competitive nature about him where he is willing to take the final shot, make a play or dive on the floor; very much Grayson-like. How he contributes next year and meshes with all the alpha personalities coming in will be key. Alex adjusted well this year not only bc of who he is but also bc there were a lot of players from he state of GA whom he had known.

It will be great to see how his college path develops.

Reactions: christophero

It's probably a reach for any one player, but I'd say his floor is higher than Grayson's was as a freshman. Grayson was more explosive, but Alex has arguably been more consistent and with the potential to add some muscle, he'll be more physically imposing. Of course, Grayson is on the brink of 2000 points b/c of his ceiling, not his floor, so we'll just have to root for Alex's roof to have skylights because as we all learned last year from our belovedly hated rivals down the road, the chandelier is the wall.
I looked up Alex’s stats and according to Rivals stats for him, which I’m not sure how accurate they are but he’s slightly ahead of where Grayson was in points scored as a freshman. According to Rivals, Grayson scored 108 points as a freshman and right now Alex had scored 118 points as a freshman with possibly up to 4 games remaining this season. So if Alex stays at Duke 4 years and has similar numbers to Grayson’s over the next 3 years then I think he has a pretty good chance to reach 2000 points while he’s at Duke. Maybe Dukiejay can check Alex’s points for this season on the same site he gets Grayson’s from.

I looked up Alex’s stats and according to Rivals stats for him, which I’m not sure how accurate they are but he’s slightly ahead of where Grayson was in points scored as a freshman. According to Rivals, Grayson scored 108 points as a freshman and right now Alex had scored 118 points as a freshman with possibly up to 4 games remaining this season. So if Alex stays at Duke 4 years and has similar numbers to Grayson’s over the next 3 years then I think he has a pretty good chance to reach 2000 points while he’s at Duke. Maybe Dukiejay can check Alex’s points for this season on the same site he gets Grayson’s from.
I mean obviously if he puts up similar numbers he will have a good chance haha. Problem is, he won’t unless it is his junior or senior year. Grayson averaged over 20 his soph year, he was the man and it was he and Ingram getting all the shots they could handle. That certainly won’t be the case for Alex next year and if he averages 10 next year I’d be pleasantly surprised. Not because of ability but opportunity with the guys we have coming in. Obviously we won’t know how the roster looks for his junior or senior year yet, but if he’s not around 18-20 both years he has no chance.

Reactions: GillJET
I mean obviously if he puts up similar numbers he will have a good chance haha. Problem is, he won’t unless it is his junior or senior year. Grayson averaged over 20 his soph year, he was the man and it was he and Ingram getting all the shots they could handle. That certainly won’t be the case for Alex next year and if he averages 10 next year I’d be pleasantly surprised. Not because of ability but opportunity with the guys we have coming in. Obviously we won’t know how the roster looks for his junior or senior year yet, but if he’s not around 18-20 both years he has no chance.

This is exactly why I said it's a reach. I don't believe the will get enough playing time or shot opportunities to do it

Alex won't get to 2,000 points. Now, I probably would have said the same thing about Grayson three years ago, too....so there's that.

It's just that Grayson kind of became the face of the team because both Tyus and Justise took advantage of their opportunity. Next season's recruiting class is way more talented than the one we brought in 2015.

I mentioned in another thread that Alex is most likely to be our next 1,000 point scorer. It's hard to foresee another right now.

Alex won't get to 2,000 points. Now, I probably would have said the same thing about Grayson three years ago, too....so there's that.

It's just that Grayson kind of became the face of the team because both Tyus and Justise took advantage of their opportunity. Next season's recruiting class is way more talented than the one we brought in 2015.

I mentioned in another thread that Alex is most likely to be our next 1,000 point scorer. It's hard to foresee another right now.

Zion

Jk jk

He's a low end 5 star player that should do really well at Duke. He's probably not a OAD kid. But in this day and age, who really knows

Duke moves on to the Elite Eight....and Grayson scores 15 in the process. He's 16 short of 2,000....tied with two guys named Art Heyman and Shane Battier. Never heard of either one.

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
T12. Shane Battier - 1,984
T12. Grayson Allen - 1,984
15. Trajan Langdon - 1,974
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911

Still played with too many lapses for a senior. He couldn't be our Quinn Cook. Not sure he deserved 2k.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Fell a few short of 2,000 but he should be proud of where he landed on the list of all-time Duke greats.

Grayson scores 12 points in the loss to Kansas, and ends his Duke career with 1,996 points.

Really going to miss that young man. Thanks for the memories, Grayson.

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
12. Grayson Allen - 1,996
T13. Art Heyman - 1,984
T13. Shane Battier - 1,984
15. Trajan Langdon - 1,974
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911

Whether are not Grayson got to 2000, he ends up right where he should be, in the same neighborhood as Spanarkel and Scheyer. That's pretty good company if you ask me. 3 wonderful representatives of Duke University. He should be very proud!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT