ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen Stat-Tracker

Holy moly, Sky, if that happens there will be a 'Not-so-Civil War' down here in NC! We're outnumbered by about a billion or so, but we'll find out if that tar on those Heels does make them stick and not run...'cause us Blue Devils are going to RUMBLE!
But the most important thing is you ripped that ugly ass tie off of Ol'Roy's neck. That just about makes it all worthwhile.:p

OFC

1st of all that ain't tar on them heels. And you're right. I imagine I would one of the 1st Duke fans to fall in battle. There are so many of them it would be a slaughter but I'll tell you one thing old Show would take down a dean dome full of them before he fell. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
1st of all that ain't tar on them heels. And you're right. I imagine I would one of the 1st Duke fans to fall in battle. There are so many of them it would be a slaughter but I'll tell you one thing old Show would take down a dean dome full of them before he fell. OFC

Yep, that ain't tar. But you wouldn't go down that easy, Sky. Us old ones have learned a few lessons over the years, but fighting fair isn't one of them. Old age and treachery overcomes youth and skill.:D

Dang, we've really got this off topic! Go Grayson...score a boatload of points tonight while leading us to victgory.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Yep, that ain't tar. But you wouldn't go down that easy, Sky. Us old ones have learned a few lessons over the years, but fighting fair isn't one of them. Old age and treachery overcomes youth and skill.:D

Dang, we've really got this off topic! Go Grayson...score a boatload of points tonight while leading us to victgory.

OFC

40 tonight would put him right back on the 23 ppg over the last 6 games OFC

Grayson scores 15 points in his final game at Cameron Indoor Stadium and goes over 1,900 career points. Absolutely love the kid and am so happy for him tonight.

T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
T12. Shane Battier - 1,984
14. Trajan Langdon - 1,974
15. Shelden Williams - 1,928
16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Grayson Allen - 1,904
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884

Grayson gets the 3-point stroke going early and scores 23 in the quarterfinal win over Notre Dame. In the process, he surpassed two Duke legends on the all-time scoring list and should pass another tomorrow night. Appreciate what you’re witnessing, fellas!

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
11. Jim Spanarkel - 2,012
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
15. Shelden Williams - 1,928
16. Grayson Allen - 1,927
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884

Last edited:
If we play in the maximum of 8 remaining games Grayson only needs to average 9ppg to reach 2000 career points

You could not have made me believe two years ago that he was going to pass Grant Hill.....Wow!! What a cool thing to be able to show your grandkids where you are on Dukes all time scoring list!!

I’m feeling good now that he passes 2000. What an ending this would be for us to get #6, Grayson going over 2000, and #3 going in the rafters....oh my!

I’m feeling good now that he passes 2000. What an ending this would be for us to get #6, Grayson going over 2000, and #3 going in the rafters....oh my!

Don't think he can make the rafters now. Pretty sure have to win a national award or hold an NCAA record (hurley)

Don't think he can make the rafters now. Pretty sure have to win a national award or hold an NCAA record (hurley)
You just have to be an All-American which Grayson has done. If we win it all this year, a big if of course, his jersey is going in the rafters. That would more than likely mean that Duke would have two less championships without him.

Reactions: Mac9192
You just have to be an All-American which Grayson has done. If we win it all this year, a big if of course, his jersey is going in the rafters. That would more than likely mean that Duke would have two less championships without him.

I'm not arguing with you if he passes 2000 and wins another I want 3 up but who has it retired that didn't win a national award?

*edit G-man wasn't

I think Grayson is probably the most unique star that Duke has ever had...in the context that he's never had much continuity from one season to another with the one and done plan. All the great players in the past had their 'sidekicks' from year to year (or for several years). Laettner had Hurley, and Grant, Battier had JWill, etc., on and on. He's also had to play out of position quite a bit for the good of this team, and even though he does an admirable job as pg, he's still a sg.

Grayson may not be quite as clutch as was Laettner, and Stones, but he's hit some huge shots over the years, and even when he doesn't make 'THE' shot, he has 'flurries' where he takes over, or keeps his team in contention...such as the championship game against Wisconsin.

And if (a big if) he can lead this team to another natty, then he'll have been a part of 1/3 of all the NCAA championships. Only one other group had 2 and that was Laettner, Hurley, Hill...and of course we know all 3 of those jersey retired stars played together...Grayson will not have had such an advantage. Can you name another player that has scored 1900+ points, had 2 championships, and not had his number retired?

Through all the turmoil in his career (yes, some self-inflicted...but damn well overblown), and you have a player that has seen the peaks and valleys. He's a warrior, loves Duke with all his heart, and has played like he means just that. He's also been an exemplary student in the class room for the entire 4 years he's been here...and yeah, there's that. What more could we ask of him? K knows all of this and more about Grayson, and 'IF' this Duke team is fortunate enough to win a national championship, then #3 will be in the rafters. If he, and Duke, don't win the natty, then it still doesn't detract from an amazing young man's resume. He gave all he's got (and still is). Grayson Allen is Duke.

OFC

I think Grayson is probably the most unique star that Duke has ever had...in the context that he's never had much continuity from one season to another with the one and done plan. All the great players in the past had their 'sidekicks' from year to year (or for several years). Laettner had Hurley, and Grant, Battier had JWill, etc., on and on. He's also had to play out of position quite a bit for the good of this team, and even though he does an admirable job as pg, he's still a sg.

Grayson may not be quite as clutch as was Laettner, and Stones, but he's hit some huge shots over the years, and even when he doesn't make 'THE' shot, he has 'flurries' where he takes over, or keeps his team in contention...such as the championship game against Wisconsin.

And if (a big if) he can lead this team to another natty, then he'll have been a part of 1/3 of all the NCAA championships. Only one other group had 2 and that was Laettner, Hurley, Hill...and of course we know all 3 of those jersey retired stars played together...Grayson will not have had such an advantage. Can you name another player that has scored 1900+ points, had 2 championships, and not had his number retired?

Through all the turmoil in his career (yes, some self-inflicted...but damn well overblown), and you have a player that has seen the peaks and valleys. He's a warrior, loves Duke with all his heart, and has played like he means just that. He's also been an exemplary student in the class room for the entire 4 years he's been here...and yeah, there's that. What more could we ask of him? K knows all of this and more about Grayson, and 'IF' this Duke team is fortunate enough to win a national championship, then #3 will be in the rafters. If he, and Duke, don't win the natty, then it still doesn't detract from an amazing young man's resume. He gave all he's got (and still is). Grayson Allen is Duke.

OFC
Well said Dirt. The roles he has had to fill each of the last 3 seasons have all been different. If a person is truly a Duke fan, they will see the whole picture, not just the games where he struggles. Yes he has had many bad games, but not only is he better for coming to Duke, but Duke has been better by having him.
Quite a combination, one I have enjoyed as much as any star that ever played here.
I hope he gets his jersey up there with the likes of Laettner, Hurley...to me it seems like that's where it belongs.

OFC

I don't think anyone could have said it better. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
i can't think of a player who has been through so many highs and lows. He has experienced about everything a college player could imagine. I can't imagine anyone calling themselves a Duke fan and not pulling HARD for Grayson. And one thing I have said before, I think it is very obvious this kid LOVES Duke

I almost made a joke about a week ago how falling out of the top 4 would give Grayson a potential extra game at the ACCT, but I wasn't feeling it.

57 to go, right? (Get on it, @dukiejay !) He could get there in two... three is a better bet... four would almost guarantee it. Gotta pull for a good draw, which is out of our hands now, and more importantly, that a week of prep will have us focused and executing well for a run.

Grayson with 16 points in the loss to the Heels....he needs 57 more for 2,000

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
15. Grayson Allen - 1,943
16. Shelden Williams - 1,928
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884

Reactions: GillJET
Duke rolls over Iona in their first NCAAT game and Grayson goes for 16. He's 41 points away from 2,000 in his career and 16 away from passing Trajan Langdon.

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
15. Grayson Allen - 1,959
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884

Duke rolls over Iona in their first NCAAT game and Grayson goes for 16. He's 41 points away from 2,000 in his career and 16 away from passing Trajan Langdon.

10. Jon Scheyer - 2,077
T12. Art Heyman - 1,984
15. Grayson Allen - 1,959
17. Grant Hill - 1,924
18. Nolan Smith - 1,911
19. Dick Groat - 1,886
20. Jeff Mullins - 1,884[/QUOTE

It's probably going to take 3 more games which puts us in the semi finals. OFC

He's 41 points away. I think Duke needs to get to the Elite 8 and in that game he will get it.

I think he gets in the mid teens against URI just because of their tough D and physical guards.

And look at all the great players he has passed already. Some of those guys have their jerseys in the rafters.

Would you have thought that Grayson would have accomplished this after his Fr year? Could you imagine if he would have been more involved in the rotation earlier as a Fr. Crazy to think about. Most any other players would have transferred.

And look at all the great players he has passed already. Some of those guys have their jerseys in the rafters.

Would you have thought that Grayson would have accomplished this after his Fr year? Could you imagine if he would have been more involved in the rotation earlier as a Fr. Crazy to think about. Most any other players would have transferred.
I was thinking about that earlier. The guy barely played his freshman year. His two best games were wake forest at the national title

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT