ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen Stat-Tracker

For Grayson to reach 2,000 points in the regular season, he would need to average over 22 points/game the rest of the way. I don't think that's possible. Part of me was kind of hoping a month ago he'd maybe have a chance to do it on senior night against the Heels.

If we assume Duke plays two ACCT games and two NCAAT games then he needs to average about 17.3 the rest of the way. Were Duke to play six postseason games (between the ACCT and NCAAT) then he needs to average about 15.6. If, and I mean if, Duke played their maximum number of games (and I'm assuming a first-round bye in the ACCT), then Grayson needs about 13.6/per contest.

So what seemed likely a month ago, is no longer.

Reactions: skysdad
For Grayson to reach 2,000 points in the regular season, he would need to average over 22 points/game the rest of the way. I don't think that's possible. Part of me was kind of hoping a month ago he'd maybe have a chance to do it on senior night against the Heels.

If we assume Duke plays two ACCT games and two NCAAT games then he needs to average about 17.3 the rest of the way. Were Duke to play six postseason games (between the ACCT and NCAAT) then he needs to average about 15.6. If, and I mean if, Duke played their maximum number of games (and I'm assuming a first-round bye in the ACCT), then Grayson needs about 13.6/per contest.

So what seemed likely a month ago, is no longer.

Yeah, the odds are much slimmer now. If he bounces out of this slump sometime very soon, and of course plays enough games...then maybe there is still a shot. But slump or no slump if Grayson were concerned only about getting to 2,000 he would get there...but he's a winner, and puts winning above any personal goals (and I totally believe that). I'll take a natty over Grayson getting to 2,000, and I bet he feels the same way.
But getting both would be super sweet, and if the Vikings can pull out a miracle win like yesteday...almost anything is possible!

OFC

I think Allen can get to 2,000 but I don't think it'll be in the regular season....

It'll take a deep run, which we all expect and hope for, and a few more shots taken than the current pace, and also with Bagley taking so many shots Allen isn't shooting near the FTA he should be.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

This has proven true in my opinion.

This team has a lot of potential but the way our game flows concerns me a lot. I honestly don't think we make a deep run unless there are some slight adjustments. Obviously I hope I'm very wrong.

Grayson is really struggling with his shot right now, but he's not letting it impact the other things he does well. Just five points in the big win over Miami....

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
22. Grayson Allen 1,694
23. Randy Denton - 1,658
24. Ronnie Mayer - 1,647

Grayson found his stroke - - - a little - - - on Saturday vs. Pitt. He scored 16 points and surpassed 1,700 career points.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
22. Grayson Allen 1,710
23. Randy Denton - 1,658
24. Ronnie Mayer - 1,647

Grayson pours in 17 in the win over the Deacs....

Should reach the top 20 in the next few games and will likely pass Hurley this Saturday.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
22. Grayson Allen 1,727
23. Randy Denton - 1,658

Grayson scores only five in the loss to UVA, but he does move past Bobby Hurley for 21st on the all-time Duke list.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Grayson Allen 1,732
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
23. Randy Denton - 1,658

Reactions: GillJET
Grayson finds his shot a bit and scores 18 in the win over Notre Dame.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Grayson Allen 1,750
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
23. Randy Denton - 1,658

Last edited:
Grayson finds his shot a bit and scores 18 in the win over Notre Dame.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Grayson Allen 1,749
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
23. Randy Denton - 1,658
Shouldn’t that be 1750? Grayson had 1732 after Saturday’s game and he scored 18 tonight

Fixed. Not sure why I only added 17 to his total.

With just nine points he becomes a top-20 scorer all-time at Duke. Pretty damn impressive.
Happy and sad at the same time because he knocks my favorite player of all time out of the top twenty

Dukiejay, do you think he can get to 2,000? I know, we have only 9 regular season games left. Assuming that we play in the maximum 18 games, including to postseason tourneys, could he do it?

Dukiejay, do you think he can get to 2,000? I know, we have only 9 regular season games left. Assuming that we play in the maximum 18 games, including to postseason tourneys, could he do it?

At the beginning of the season I thought it was a safe assumption....not so sure anymore. If we were to play 18 more games, then yes, I think he has a decent chance. He’s need to average right around 14 per game.

I really hope this team plays 18 more games, not only for G, but that would mean special things are happening for this group! Appreciate that feedback fellas! Go Duke!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Grayson is averaging 14.7ppg right now. If we play in the maximum of 40 games this season and he maintains his current average then he would end up with 2015 points.

Grayson scored just seven points in the loss to St. John's....

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Bob Verga - 1,758
21. Grayson Allen 1,757
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731
23. Randy Denton - 1,658

Just nine points for Grayson in the loss at UNC. He does climb into the top 20, though, on the all-time Duke scoring list.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,766
21. Bob Verga - 1,758
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731

Grayson goes for 23 in the win at Georgia Tech. Next stop is 1,800 career points.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,789
21. Bob Verga - 1,758
22. Bobby Hurley - 1,731

Grayson keeps it rolling vs. Virginia Tech and scores 25....in the process, he also goes over 1,800 career points.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,814
21. Bob Verga - 1,758

186 more points to 2,000. Can he do it? OFC
After DJ posted Grayson’s updated points total I did some calculations. Depending on what seed we get in the ACC Tournament we could end up playingup to 14 or 15 more games this season. If we play 14 more games and he averages 13,3ppg then he’ll end up with 2000 points exactly. If we play 15 more games and he averages 12.4ppg then he’ll end up with 2000 points exactly. Going off of his season average of 14.6ppg, if we play 14 more games and he averages 14.6ppg than he’ll end up with about 2018 points and if we play 15 more games and he averages 14.6ppg then he’ll end up with about 2033 points.

186 more points to 2,000. Can he do it? OFC

Before this 2 game outburst it looked like there was no way...with all the single digit games he's had. Now, he looks like he still has a chance, especially if he's able to have a few more big games of 20+. Winning a natty is more important, but I would love to see Grayson get to 2,000 as a secondary goal.

OFC

Keep it rollin’ young man! Grayson pours in 28 and Duke blows out Louisville. He’s creeping up on Jeff Mullins and Dick Groat.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,861
21. Bob Verga - 1,758

Grayson scores only six in the 16-point win over Syracuse.....can he get to 1,900 (33 more points) by the end of the regular season on Saturday?

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,867
21. Bob Verga - 1,758

Grayson scores only six in the 16-point win over Syracuse.....can he get to 1,900 (33 more points) by the end of the regular season on Saturday?

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,867
21. Bob Verga - 1,758
If he does, I think we win both games.

16. Grant Hill - 1,924
17. Nolan Smith - 1,911
18. Dick Groat - 1,886
19. Jeff Mullins - 1,884
20. Grayson Allen 1,867
21. Bob Verga - 1,758
If he does then that bodes well for him reaching 2000 because he’ll potentially have up to 9 games to score the points that he would need to reach 2000. He would need to average roughly 11ppg in the post season if we play all 9 games in the ACCT and NCAAT.

Okay, just imagine this scenario. Duke in championship game down 2 points with 1.5 seconds left and Grayson launches a 3 (while having 1,997 total career points). Nothing but net!!! Holy mackerel...what could ever beat that you say? Oh, and it's against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.....heads explode everywhere!!!!! If the world lasted another 25,000 years, nothing could ever top that for Duke basketball. The perfect storm turning into the perfect dream, and morphing into the perfect nightmare for our rivals down the road!
If you're going to dream, dream big.

OFC

Okay, just imagine this scenario. Duke in championship game down 2 points with 1.5 seconds left and Grayson launches a 3 (while having 1,997 total career points). Nothing but net!!! Holy mackerel...what could ever beat that you say? Oh, and it's against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.....heads explode everywhere!!!!! If the world lasted another 25,000 years, nothing could ever top that for Duke basketball. The perfect storm turning into the perfect dream, and morphing into the perfect nightmare for our rivals down the road!

OFC
If that scenario were to happen THR would implode and explode all at once.

OFC

What would better is that Grayson comes off a set screen and accidentally, trips the guy guarding him and it's a no call.:D OFC

Last edited:
What would even e better is that Grayson comes off a set screen and accidentally, trips the guy guarding him and it's a no call.:D OFC

Heh heh heh...that would be something Sky!

I'll tell you another one that I think would be hilarious. What if Grayson scored, but with maybe 8 or 10 seconds left. The Heels inbound the ball, fly up the court, throw up a jumper and it goes in and they win! But wait a minute, Ol'Roy, who never calls a timeout, was pleading with the ref to get one...and yes, the ref allowed the timeout...the shot doesn't count!!! Now they try to inbound the ball, but Duke forces a 5 second call...cause Roy doesn't call the timeout...and Duke runs out the clock and wins the game. What fun all that would be...except for all the time spent under the defibrillator.:D

OFC.

Heh heh heh...that would be something Sky!

I'll tell you another one that I think would be hilarious. What if Grayson scored, but with maybe 8 or 10 seconds left. The Heels inbound the ball, fly up the court, throw up a jumper and it goes in and they win! But wait a minute, Ol'Roy, who never calls a timeout, was pleading with the ref to get one...and yes, the ref allowed the timeout...the shot doesn't count!!! Now they try to inbound the ball, but Duke forces a 5 second call...cause Roy doesn't call the timeout...and Duke runs out the clock and wins the game. What fun all that would be ...except for all the time spent under the defibrillator.:D

OFC.

That would funny also. Of course hof coach roy williams would deny it and they would go the the game tape. The game tape confirms the time out but hof coach roy williams says he was asking for a technical to be called against the Cameron Crazies because the whole game when unc went to the foul line the Crazies were yelling "miss it luke, miss it joel, miss it theo, miss it kenny,miss it cameron and they were interfering and distracting my players by shaking their hands at them when we tried to inbound the ball plus they were yelling UNCHEAT the whole ball game. "Teddy" says hof coach roy williams to official Ted Valentine." " remember you screw up earlier this year with joel. If you don't allow this basket I will have your job and you will be back reffing youth basketball and then points to behind the unc bench and there sits johnny swofford dressed in wussy blue from head to toe with even his hair dyed in wussy blue. T.V. Teddy then says "yes sir hof fame coach roy williams " and gives the basket is good sign and starts running off the court but Coach K who is near by starts verbally abusing him and Teddy gives Coach K 25 techs. This doesn't sit well with the Duke crowd and not only the Crazies but the whole Cameron crowd becomes Cameron Crazies which includes myself skysdad who was lucky enough to be at the game. hof coach roy williams realizes this ain't looking good and tries to get his team and himself to safety. All of a sudden Jay Bilas who has came all the way down from the crow's nest and has "Crazy Towels Guy's" towel and starts flailing away on hof coach roy williams head and yelling to the Dukies "I'm a Dukie, I'm a Dukie and always will be. Finally order is restored after a 2 hour skirmish in which I skysdad got a hold of hof coach roy williams tie and just ripped it off his neck. In the end the NCAA puts Duke on probation for 20 years and allowed only 2 scholarship players per year for all the years on probation with no more than 8 scholly players dressed out for that time with no player higher than a 3 star. Duke will have to play all of it's games with unc for that time period at chapel hill. Coach K is ask to step down and the next Duke coach will be determined by the professors who pushed the Lacrosse team under the bus years ago. The bottom line is you don't screw with hof coach roy williams. Just too much power there. OFC

That would funny also. Of course hof coach roy williams would deny it and they would go the the game tape. The game tape confirms the time out but hof coach roy williams says he was asking for a technical to be called against the Cameron Crazies because the whole game when unc went to the foul line the Crazies were yelling "miss it luke, miss it joel, miss it theo, miss it kenny,miss it cameron and they were interfering and distracting my players by shaking their hands at them when we tried to inbound the ball plus they were yelling UNCHEAT the whole ball game. "Teddy" says hof coach roy williams to official Ted Valentine." " remember you screw up earlier this year with joel. If you don't allow this basket I will have your job and you will be back reffing youth basketball and then points to behind the unc bench and there sits johnny swofford dressed in wussy blue from head to toe with even his hair dyed in wussy blue. T.V. Teddy then says "yes sir hof fame coach roy williams " and gives the basket is good sign and starts running off the court but Coach K who is near by starts verbally abusing him and Teddy gives Coach K 25 techs. This doesn't sit well with the Duke crowd and not only the Crazies but the whole Cameron crowd becomes Cameron Crazies which includes myself skysdad who was lucky enough to be at the game. hof coach roy williams realizes this ain't looking good and tries to get his team and himself to safety. All of a sudden Jay Bilas who has came all the way down from the crow's nest and has "Crazy Towels Guy's" towel and starts flailing away on hof coach roy williams head and yelling to the Dukies "I'm a Dukie, I'm a Dukie and always will be. Finally order is restored after a 2 hour skirmish in which I skysdad got a hold of hof coach roy williams tie and just ripped it off his neck. In the end the NCAA puts Duke on probation for 20 years and allowed only 2 scholarship players per year for all the years on probation with no more than 8 scholly players dressed out for that time with no player higher than a 3 star. Duke will have to play all of it's games with unc for that time period at chapel hill. Coach K is ask to step down and the next Duke coach will be determined by the professors who pushed the Lacrosse team under the bus years ago. The bottom line is you don't screw with hof coach roy williams. Just too much power there. OFC

Holy moly, Sky, if that happens there will be a 'Not-so-Civil War' down here in NC! We're outnumbered by about a billion or so, but we'll find out if that tar on those Heels does make them stick and not run...'cause us Blue Devils are going to RUMBLE!
But the most important thing is you ripped that ugly ass tie off of Ol'Roy's neck. That just about makes it all worthwhile.:p

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT