ADVERTISEMENT

Grateful to those who gave all .

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I always hear from people at this time of year " Happy Memorial Day" I've also always wondered why we use the word happy. For families that have lost family members and dear friends protecting all of our freedoms it is by no means a happy day. Perhaps just say I hope you are having a great Memorial Day or something else even more appropiate. There is nothing wrong with being happy. I wish a happy everyday for all but Memorial Day is a day that was set side to honor our fallen. I feel comfortable saying that none of those who did die in the service wanted to but they knew of the risk and at times like on D-day for those hitting that Normandy beach first the risk was extremely high. I'm not saying we should all be in mourning today. We should be with family and friends having cook outs and get togethers the best we can in these challenging times. But when today is over may we all play taps in memory of our brave and selveless. OFC

I always hear from people at this time of year " Happy Memorial Day" I've also always wondered why we use the word happy. For families that have lost family members and dear friends protecting all of our freedoms it is by no means a happy day. Perhaps just say I hope you are having a great Memorial Day or something else even more appropiate. There is nothing wrong with being happy. I wish a happy everyday for all but Memorial Day is a day that was set side to honor our fallen. I feel comfortable saying that none of those who did die in the service wanted to but they knew of the risk and at times like on D-day for those hitting that Normandy beach first the risk was extremely high. I'm not saying we should all be in mourning today. We should be with family and friends having cook outs and get togethers the best we can in these challenging times. But when today is over may we all play taps in memory of our brave and selveless. OFC

Thank you for remembering the fallen Sky. I always think of a Johnny Lee from Four Oaks, NC. He was a friend of mine and was KIA by friendly fire after 23 days in Nam. He was a 19 year old draftee.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT