ADVERTISEMENT

Good News, Bad News, Frustrating News...

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Well, I am back. The Clemson game was the first game I have been able to watch since Gonzaga - though I did listen to the others.

Good news: My eye is much better, albeit not as good as before

Bad News: It took two surgeries to clean up the infection and remove the foreign object that was the cause of it all in the first place.

ADVICE: Don't just use your regular glasses as safety glasses. I now have safety goggles that fit over my regular glasses when I am doing wood and metal work.

Frustrating news. In all this process I did not get a signed poster - I called several times but they never answered and never returned my messages. Really frustrated me with the Duke Office as I have ordered every year for years. Too upset to even call them now. A little courtesy would have been nice. Guess I will have a gap in my collection or have to pay an arm and a leg on ebay if they win the title.

All in all it could have been worse - could have lost the eye - so to God be The Glory that it worked out as it did.

Well, I am back. The Clemson game was the first game I have been able to watch since Gonzaga - though I did listen to the others.

Good news: My eye is much better, albeit not as good as before

Bad News: It took two surgeries to clean up the infection and remove the foreign object that was the cause of it all in the first place.

ADVICE: Don't just use your regular glasses as safety glasses. I now have safety goggles that fit over my regular glasses when I am doing wood and metal work.

Frustrating news. In all this process I did not get a signed poster - I called several times but they never answered and never returned my messages. Really frustrated me with the Duke Office as I have ordered every year for years. Too upset to even call them now. A little courtesy would have been nice. Guess I will have a gap in my collection or have to pay an arm and a leg on ebay if they win the title.

All in all it could have been worse - could have lost the eye - so to God be The Glory that it worked out as it did.
Glad you are OK. About the poster, I suggest you write to Jack Winters who is the head of the Iron Dukes. Fax: 919-681-8612.

Reactions: dukiejay
Glad to year your eye is okay, Phil. I know you're disappointed about the poster, but all things considered, I believe you're a very fortunate man.

Oh, and are you ready to put up the game ball poll for Clemson...cause we got another game tonight. If not, someone else can do it.

OFC

Glad you are back. You've been missed. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT