ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday thread. Duke VS Ohio St

Blakes making some nice passes and steals .

Not a bad half. We were sloppy with the ball and kept them in it. I think if we just handle the ball stronger it will be hard for them to win because of our size advantage. Have to stop the reckless turnovers….

Flip with four is huge…I’m not liking what I’m seeing from the guys now. And the refs have decided they are going to call everything now also so defense isn’t much gonna happen.

Positives:

1) Everyone who played contributed
2) Proctor & Lively matured tonight
3) The Ball movement on offense
4) Solid team defense (analysts even mentioned how Duke’s defense is very far along for how early in the season it is)
5) Production from the bench
6) Flip is a matchup nightmare for opponents
7) Love Young and Blakes efforts
8) The team stayed composed even though OSU would not go away

Negatives:

1) A lot of stupid fouls committed
2) the unforced turnovers
3) the early shots in the shot clock

The Blue Devils matured a little bit tonight

Positives:

1) Everyone who played contributed
2) Proctor & Lively matured tonight
3) The Ball movement on offense
4) Solid team defense (analysts even mentioned how Duke’s defense is very far along for how early in the season it is)
5) Production from the bench
6) Flip is a matchup nightmare for opponents
7) Love Young and Blakes efforts
8) The team stayed composed even though OSU would not go away

Negatives:

1) A lot of stupid fouls committed
2) the unforced turnovers
3) the early shots in the shot clock

The Blue Devils matured a little bit tonight
Agree with everything here.

Not a bad game. Excellent job at the free throw line, the boys won the rebounding battle, and they weren’t bad shooting the 3 ball.
Our 3 bigs were very solid and efficient. Dickie V made a comment earlier when Grandison hit a 3 that Scheyer said he needed to play him more. I think that brings up the possibility that he had been pressing, and perhaps played a little looser tonight knowing his coach was going to give him more pt.
The kid responded with 9 points and 4 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Not a bad game. Excellent job at the free throw line, the boys won the rebounding battle, and they weren’t bad shooting the 3 ball.
Our 3 bigs were very solid and efficient. Dickie V made a comment earlier when Grandison hit a 3 that Scheyer said he needed to play him more. I think that brings up the possibility that he had been pressing, and perhaps played a little looser tonight knowing his coach was going to give him more pt.
The kid responded with 9 points and 4 rebounds in 26 minutes.
That’s all I need from Grandison and I’ll stop nit picking him. Just play your game .
One thing is the team needs to continue to work on feeding the post more. If your not happy with what Young brings every night something is wrong . I like how lively and Mitchell are always talking with him.

Lively looking better, still not sure on the #1 ranking for him. Whitehead looking decent but he doesn't seem to gel with the team very much yet, is it just me? He has a nice looking shot. Maybe it will still take some time to adjust. Proctor definitely improving, nice to see. Flip is awesome of course.

I am very impressed with Blakes. I cannot wait to see him as a Junior/Senior.

IMHO Proctor is key right now. If he can continue to adapt to the speed of top level D1 CBB we are going to be just fine. He's really coming along I think, and he has a complete game; scoring, passing, rebounding and defending. That's gonna take a lot of pressure off of Roach, and we will have one of the toughest backcourts in the country. Flip can just continue to do his thing while the others settle in, and we are gonna' be just fine. I also think our defense, with a few exceptions has been very good!

Duke.............not 0 for our last 3!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT