ADVERTISEMENT

First time poster/ Recruiting Guru

GARY4plus3

Recruit
Aug 25, 2015
Long time reader, first post. With all the recruiting "intel" and "coaching mafia's" coming from other boards, I have decided to try and pass along recruiting "intel" for our Duke program. I realize that these recruiting times are tough, but please put your minds at ease in knowing that the "intel" that I receive is better than bacon. I promise that the info I pass along (both good and bad), is directly from my coaching "mafia". My resources are the best and I wake up every morning, well almost every morning, with the latest spot on information.
First off, a little bit about my coaching "mafia"... There are six of us that have turned down head coaching jobs (ala Roy) at elite programs. We know the game of basketball inside and out. All of us use fake names around the AAU circuit to avoid being compromised. We have two jets that allow us to be at all the big high school / AAU events to keep us at the top for receiving our "mafia type" intel. We are a tight knit group to the extreme, hell we even meet at the Waffle House three times a week just to share our "tidbits" and to remind each other as to why we are so passionate about receiving superb "intel". That of course is so we can share it with the greates fanbase in the world. Guys, I can honestly say that when I'm not working at Google, all my time is devoted to tracking down the latest and greatest scoop for our program.

Last night, I received some "intel" that nobody else could possibly have. It was sooo juicy that rather than reveal it to everybody immediately, I decided to sleep on it make sure I was doing the right thing. Even though this isn't the best of news, I am going to share it because I know how much everyone here is relying on me to do so.

Here it goes... Last night the "mafia" and myself were enjoying some scattered and smothered taters with AAU guru Boo Williams. Henry HIll (a member of our mafia), in a rather bold move, brought up the recruitment of Dennis Smith Jr... Not two seconds after DSJ was mentioned, Boo, as only Boo can do (believe me because I know him so well), lets out a monster belch of a burp. The stinch from the belch didn't take long to hit us, and to our dismay the damn thing smelt like nanner pudding with a hint of mixed berries. To us that are "in the know" means three things... 1- DSJ is a "Roy guy", 2- the hint of berries could only mean he wants to play along side the best point guard ever Joel Berry (assuming Berry doesn't go pro being the first overall pick), and 3- DSJ will be attending UNC!

I hate that my first "intel" post results in one of our rivals picking up a nice point guard, but it is what it is. I am looking forward to serving as your eyes and ears on the recruiting trail, and will share the latest and greatest "tidbits" with you guys as we receive them. If any of you have specific requests regarding basketball "intel" just let me know and I will see what is out there to round up. Please don't beat me up too bad if some of the "intel" is in some of our rivals favor. I just want to make sure I am giving the board the most brutally honest information that I can. What do you guys think of my avatar? Pretty creative, right!?!?!?

Long time reader, first post. With all the recruiting "intel" and "coaching mafia's" coming from other boards, I have decided to try and pass along recruiting "intel" for our Duke program. I realize that these recruiting times are tough, but please put your minds at ease in knowing that the "intel" that I receive is better than bacon. I promise that the info I pass along (both good and bad), is directly from my coaching "mafia". My resources are the best and I wake up every morning, well almost every morning, with the latest spot on information.
First off, a little bit about my coaching "mafia"... There are six of us that have turned down head coaching jobs (ala Roy) at elite programs. We know the game of basketball inside and out. All of us use fake names around the AAU circuit to avoid being compromised. We have two jets that allow us to be at all the big high school / AAU events to keep us at the top for receiving our "mafia type" intel. We are a tight knit group to the extreme, hell we even meet at the Waffle House three times a week just to share our "tidbits" and to remind each other as to why we are so passionate about receiving superb "intel". That of course is so we can share it with the greates fanbase in the world. Guys, I can honestly say that when I'm not working at Google, all my time is devoted to tracking down the latest and greatest scoop for our program.

Last night, I received some "intel" that nobody else could possibly have. It was sooo juicy that rather than reveal it to everybody immediately, I decided to sleep on it make sure I was doing the right thing. Even though this isn't the best of news, I am going to share it because I know how much everyone here is relying on me to do so.

Here it goes... Last night the "mafia" and myself were enjoying some scattered and smothered taters with AAU guru Boo Williams. Henry HIll (a member of our mafia), in a rather bold move, brought up the recruitment of Dennis Smith Jr... Not two seconds after DSJ was mentioned, Boo, as only Boo can do (believe me because I know him so well), lets out a monster belch of a burp. The stinch from the belch didn't take long to hit us, and to our dismay the damn thing smelt like nanner pudding with a hint of mixed berries. To us that are "in the know" means three things... 1- DSJ is a "Roy guy", 2- the hint of berries could only mean he wants to play along side the best point guard ever Joel Berry (assuming Berry doesn't go pro being the first overall pick), and 3- DSJ will be attending UNC!

I hate that my first "intel" post results in one of our rivals picking up a nice point guard, but it is what it is. I am looking forward to serving as your eyes and ears on the recruiting trail, and will share the latest and greatest "tidbits" with you guys as we receive them. If any of you have specific requests regarding basketball "intel" just let me know and I will see what is out there to round up. Please don't beat me up too bad if some of the "intel" is in some of our rivals favor. I just want to make sure I am giving the board the most brutally honest information that I can. What do you guys think of my avatar? Pretty creative, right!?!?!?
Early clubhouse lead for post of the year, bravo.

Sounds a little bit like the works of the famous "Bandwagon Boy" from the old days. SHOW will know that reference.

:D:D:DHoly moly, what a 1st post...what am I'm talkin' about...any post! You flat nailed it 4plus3! I'm still laughing so hard I can hardly type this post. You can make a career out of this 'cause Gary-7 gives mucho material.
Kudos for a job well done!

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Early clubhouse lead for post of the year, bravo.

You better believe it! Someone will have to hit a grand slam, bottom of the ninth, trailing by 3, in the 7th game of the World Series to beat this one...and it still would be close. Quite a fun post spun by our newest member.

OFC

I had to venture over there for a moment to see the thread this post is satirizing. It cracks me up that people are clamoring for his "info." I'm sure he is just eating that up (which, in general, is kind of depressing for him).

This was about as spot on as they can come. I am excited to be receiving more "tidbits" and "intel" throughout my .. life on this Duke board and/or planet.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Gary4plus3%20Intel%20Inside%20Curly2.jpg

OFC

looooooooooooooooooool that was way too hilarious and spot on.

Hey Gary, is it true that Harry GIles was born and raised a tar heel, and that we are kidding ourselves in thinking he would go anywhere but UNC?

Yes Gary4plus3 (probably from Indiania) do tell me the answers to this!

First off, I apologize for not being a bit more clear in my first post. Sometimes I will sleep on the juicy intel, and make sure I release it at the proper time. "Not to be coy", but I hold each poster on this board close to my heart and I don't want to cause a brain overload with the quantity and quality of my intel. Let's be real here... There are few that can handle the knowledge and "in the know" intel, that I provide. I've found that spoon feeding is way better than putting everything I know on a big shovel and force feeding. This method also keeps me focused on the task at hand, which is always to provide you with the latest and greatest. When I check the board and see grown adults waiting for me, in fact begging for my knowledge, it pumps me up. Therefore if I ever mutter the words "BIG DISCLAIMER COMING" make sure you take the gas masks out, and board up the house, as I will be about to drop a bomb on your mind!

Back to the topic.

Giles was a huge topic last night and I received the stickiest of the ickiest intel that I purposely slept on. I have decided to release it to all of you right now...
I know earlier when I dropped the DSJ intel, that most were probably upset. Well Gary is not always the bearer of bad news, and today I have great news. Yes, it is true that Giles is a Tarheel through and through, but my mafia intel has come to learn that the Heels shot there self in the foot in the recruitment of GIles. A recent photo of Kennedy Meeks, and Luke Maye has surfaced that actually put GIles in his place, so to speak. He quickly realized two things that made his decision an easy one. 1- A lighter Meeks meant 20 and 14 is on the near horizon and 25 and 18 his senior year ( which means that Giles wouldn't play a role in the offensive scheme of things) and 2- Just by looking at the photo he determined Luke Maye looks confused as hell, just as he looked in high school. (Giles is a smart man who doesn't like being on the court with people who don't look like they know what the hell is going on!) So Giles is going to do the next best thing... Go to school as close as he can to UNC (hello Duke) that way he can get some burn with the Carolina guys in pickup games and learn as much as he possibly can from Meeks. Giles knows Carolina big men develop the best, so him learning from Meeks and Co. in the pickup games all while getting some burn at Duke, made this an easy decision. Harry Giles will be a Dukie baby! The way I see it everybody should be happy, Duke gets GIles and Carolina doesn't have to burn a scholly because he really "doesn't fit" in their future plans. Win - Win situation for all parties. I love it when we are all happy, it's simply the greatest rivalry period! Rest easy my friends... Rest easy!

First off, I apologize for not being a bit more clear in my first post. Sometimes I will sleep on the juicy intel, and make sure I release it at the proper time. "Not to be coy", but I hold each poster on this board close to my heart and I don't want to cause a brain overload with the quantity and quality of my intel. Let's be real here... There are few that can handle the knowledge and "in the know" intel, that I provide. I've found that spoon feeding is way better than putting everything I know on a big shovel and force feeding. This method also keeps me focused on the task at hand, which is always to provide you with the latest and greatest. When I check the board and see grown adults waiting for me, in fact begging for my knowledge, it pumps me up. Therefore if I ever mutter the words "BIG DISCLAIMER COMING" make sure you take the gas masks out, and board up the house, as I will be about to drop a bomb on your mind!

Back to the topic.

Giles was a huge topic last night and I received the stickiest of the ickiest intel that I purposely slept on. I have decided to release it to all of you right now...
I know earlier when I dropped the DSJ intel, that most were probably upset. Well Gary is not always the bearer of bad news, and today I have great news. Yes, it is true that Giles is a Tarheel through and through, but my mafia intel has come to learn that the Heels shot there self in the foot in the recruitment of GIles. A recent photo of Kennedy Meeks, and Luke Maye has surfaced that actually put GIles in his place, so to speak. He quickly realized two things that made his decision an easy one. 1- A lighter Meeks meant 20 and 14 is on the near horizon and 25 and 18 his senior year ( which means that Giles wouldn't play a role in the offensive scheme of things) and 2- Just by looking at the photo he determined Luke Maye looks confused as hell, just as he looked in high school. (Giles is a smart man who doesn't like being on the court with people who don't look like they know what the hell is going on!) So Giles is going to do the next best thing... Go to school as close as he can to UNC (hello Duke) that way he can get some burn with the Carolina guys in pickup games and learn as much as he possibly can from Meeks. Giles knows Carolina big men develop the best, so him learning from Meeks and Co. in the pickup games all while getting some burn at Duke, made this an easy decision. Harry Giles will be a Dukie baby! The way I see it everybody should be happy, Duke gets GIles and Carolina doesn't have to burn a scholly because he really "doesn't fit" in their future plans. Win - Win situation for all parties. I love it when we are all happy, it's simply the greatest rivalry period! Rest easy my friends... Rest easy!

Gary I'm very impressed by your insight and intelligence.You are talented and well informed , far to much in the way that this board just can' t comprehend the information you are trying to make us understand. May I ask what your I.Q is? It might be just me though. Perhaps I need one of my fellow posters to translate or at least dumb down your post for me. One more question for you if I may ask. Are you an UNC graduate and alumni? If so could you really be Mike Nifong or former U.S. Senator and U.S. Vice President candidate Mike Edwards. I ask this because both are on the same intelligent level that you have. :D OFC

Going to be hard selling all those guys on a postseason ban. Especially with Hubert Davis roaming the sideline instead of Roy.

Gary, your tact of claiming you have info, and then sitting back and basking in we, the mass of idiots, groveling at your feet for your spot-on, 100%, mafia provided Intel is a wise one. I see no other way to possibly go about it.

looooooooooooooooooool that was way too hilarious and spot on.

Hey Gary, is it true that Harry GIles was born and raised a tar heel, and that we are kidding ourselves in thinking he would go anywhere but UNC?
if you talk to the third stooge, Mr Steat, he'll tell you that..

Reactions: skysdad
I think Gary would agree that if Giles does not go to UNC, it will be the refs fault.

Gary, the intellectual confidence you exude is beyond anything I have ever read on a message board. It could only mean two things, you are a genius and you have a monster hog. I feel so blessed to even respond to someone of your magnitude. I am thanking Jesus for you right now as I type this statement. Please don't ever leave me, Gary.

Gary, the intellectual confidence you exude is beyond anything I have ever read on a message board. It could only mean two things, you are a genius and you have a monster hog. I feel so blessed to even respond to someone of your magnitude. I am thanking Jesus for you right now as I type this statement. Please don't ever leave me, Gary.

I think it would be nice to have Gary as a honorary member of this board with amnesty. Let him say what he pleases without the fear of getting banned. That way we can reply to him personally and enjoy the shots we get to take. You know I actually know Heel fans like him. OFC

Last edited:
I think it would be nice to have Gary as a honorary member of this board with amnesty. rt him say what he pleases without the fear of getting banned. That way we can reply to him personally and enjoy the shots we get to take. You know I actually know Heel fans like him. OFC
I second this motion, even though we all know he'd never really come over here.

So that I got this correct:

You work at Google, fly to all the major AAU events, turned down major head coaching jobs , six of you have two private jets, your considered the "coaching Intel mafia", use fake names around circles to get Intel and you meet at the Waffle House?

Then Dennis smith is a Roy Guy? Giles wants to come to Duke to play pick up with Meeks?
I'm sorry I thought we played Kentucky next year which puts Giles against front court players ranked higher then Meeks. I Don't see one big that would start over Giles on UNC's bench.

But back to you.
Really you own a jet and eat at the Waffle House?
You work at Google yet use fake names? So no one can look up the Google employee directory and match your face from an event to the directory?
Granted Google pays well, yet you've turned down major coaching jobs to a sport u love and by major I'm assuming your trying to say blue bloods.
So you didn't want to take the Brad Stevens approach I see.who now coaches the pros making millions.

Do you also tell Santa what all the kids want for Christmas?

Easy Schey.... There is some back story to the incredible mind of Gary4plus3. Some say I remind them of somebody across the street at THR.

Reactions: twdukefan
So that I got this correct:

You work at Google, fly to all the major AAU events, turned down major head coaching jobs , six of you have two private jets, your considered the "coaching Intel mafia", use fake names around circles to get Intel and you meet at the Waffle House?

Then Dennis smith is a Roy Guy? Giles wants to come to Duke to play pick up with Meeks?
I'm sorry I thought we played Kentucky next year which puts Giles against front court players ranked higher then Meeks. I Don't see one big that would start over Giles on UNC's bench.

But back to you.
Really you own a jet and eat at the Waffle House?
You work at Google yet use fake names? So no one can look up the Google employee directory and match your face from an event to the directory?
Granted Google pays well, yet you've turned down major coaching jobs to a sport u love and by major I'm assuming your trying to say blue bloods.
So you didn't want to take the Brad Stevens approach I see.who now coaches the pros making millions.

Do you also tell Santa what all the kids want for Christmas?
This guy is just having a little fun at the expense of a particular poster on the rival site

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Easy Schey.... There is some back story to the incredible mind of Gary4plus3. Some say I remind them of somebody across the street at THR.
Your a posser I'll contact my person at Google tomorrow and trust I know them they love me.
The guys that post here are die hard Duke fans.

I do not think u are as in tune as u say. But hey I don't believe a person works for Google but passes up a dream job I mean I know what I do and if K contacted me tomorrow and asked to join the staff I'd give it up in a heart beat. You only get a life time to be great and once offered you grasp it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT