ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four Will Help Recruiting

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
I believe the pressure is off the 3 Freshman starters who came to Duke to play together. Sure a NCAA title would be great but I think there was more pressure to make the Final Four in what will likely be their only year at Duke.
Now we will see everyone play loose and confidant. I think the 3 starting freshman leave together just as they came in together.
I think another talented unsigned PG , Combo SF/PF and Center will respect the way Coach K has given so much responsibility to these freshman and we get at least 2 more 2015 recruits . I would love for Jones to stay another year but I do not see it happening.
Next year Marshall , Amele and Matt will be the leaders and the cycle will continue with a mix of old and new.

All 3 are gone. Period. Now I think it is very interesting to watch all these transfers, some with immediate eligibility as graduates, as the season ends and see if we snag one for next year.

My biggest relief will be us being out of that 3pt hell hole they call an arena in Texas. I expect to see both Quinn and Tyus to start hitting the 3's in Indy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

i think jones is staying. there is no really good option at point and they supposedly have had luke working his ball handling skills to help sub if jones leaves. if we can get ingram and caleb along with maybe huff and the big guy from fla for development guys wow this would be a great class.

All three freshman are likely gone....but they're not done here quite yet. Let's enjoy them this weekend and hope for something even more special.

I feel we wind up landing Ingram. He wanted to go to UNC but he sees his opportunity to step in and play right away here. Besides...he's blowing up right now at the McDonald's AA practices and why sit behind Tokoto? You know Roy is going to play the senior. And Swanigan will be watching close this weekend. The two teams in the lead for him, IMO, are Duke and MSU.

I wouldnt be so certain saying that Tyus is going to go. Obviously, Jah and Justice are gone but I have a feeling that Tyus will stay.

I think Tyus is probably gone because that is what happens these days but he is more than likely the 5th PG in the class. On top of that PG is the deepest position in the NBA right now. There have been a lot of really good college PG's that fail to get that second contract.

Tyus is a smart guy who won't be influenced completely by the others. Yes, Okafor and Justise are very close to him but they will make their own decisions too. They all had the opportunity to link up and play together at Duke. There's not one GM that can manage a blockbuster deal to pair two of the three up again in the NBA.

Even if we win the championship, it's really not a good idea for Tyus to come out. All of these underclassmen could benefit from another year of development but I think Tyus will see that clearly and come back for his sophomore season. As others have alluded to, PG is the deepest position in the NBA. If Tyus comes back next year and shows that he can be just as good of a scorer as passer without guys like Okafor, Justise, and Quinn, his draft stock will rise to well within the top ten.

I am interested to see how it plays out with Tyus. Jahlil is definitely top 2, and it looks like Winslow has also played his way into a top 5 pick. Tyus projects late first round right now. I think he could come back, have another great year and jump up into the top 10 next year. Whether he does that or not remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT