ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

He did jump in and swim with the sharks but their poster 'gauchoheel' really took on his band of idiot brothers. That guy took on the head idiot Guru Gary and pointed it out to him. They're not all idiots over there
It's the offseason so I dove in. For the most part like you said there are quite a few reasonable posters there that you can have a civil discussion. Even if you disagree that's fine it's a POV. Unfortunately it gets cloudy when so many of the posters that don't want to see anything from anyone that's not like them get all high and mighty. We have our own too, just comes with fandom.

Unfortunately it gets cloudy when so many of the posters that don't want to see anything from anyone that's not like them get all high and mighty. We have our own too, just comes with fandom.

Really a shame but comes w/the territory.....

OFC

Really a shame but comes w/the territory.....

OFC
Is what it is, doesn't bother me, I find it comical and petty that you can't allow someone civil to chop it up with others on your board. One thing if they're being a complete dick. But if they're being civil, there's no need to be over the top nasty like a few of their guys over there.

Is what it is, doesn't bother me, I find it comical and petty that you can't allow someone civil to chop it up with others on your board. One thing if they're being a complete dick. But if they're being civil, there's no need to be over the top nasty like a few of their guys over there.

Agreed brother....we have very few here, you could probably get on one hand or finger for that matter....OFC

Reactions: Mac9192

This board used to allow a lot more discussion from visitors as well. I guess times are just changing all the way around. This board is guilty of it too.

This board used to allow a lot more discussion from visitors as well. I guess times are just changing all the way around. This board is guilty of it too.
Seems like the Duke posters are a little more receptive to the other fans coming here than they are with our fans. They should welcome us over there. I mean they just won it all and a lot of them are still always pissed at Duke. Imagine if it was reversed and they flamed out and Duke won it all. Of course I started in the middle of this season and don't have other years to compare

It's the offseason so I dove in. For the most part like you said there are quite a few reasonable posters there that you can have a civil discussion. Even if you disagree that's fine it's a POV. Unfortunately it gets cloudy when so many of the posters that don't want to see anything from anyone that's not like them get all high and mighty. We have our own too, just comes with fandom.

"Quite a few" reasonable posters at THR?? Sorry but I respectfully disagree.

I'd rather have visitors of other teams then trolls that are "fans" of ours

Seems like the Duke posters are a little more receptive to the other fans coming here than they are with our fans. They should welcome us over there. I mean they just won it all and a lot of them are still always pissed at Duke. Imagine if it was reversed and they flamed out and Duke won it all. Of course I started in the middle of this season and don't have other years to compare

For the most part we are....but there are certain Duke posters here who under no circumstance will welcome fans of other teams and they go out of their way to derail threads. Trust me, Timo and I have had conversations in private the last few months where we've both had to acknowledge we've become more like THR than opposite of them. Just this past season we had two or three UNC posters who posted here all the time. They were respectful....but we had people here who would cut them no slack whatsoever simply because of the team they supported.

gary talking to himself here. Replying to his own post. Lol. The old "K doesn't dare to play true road games" crap.

1. gary-7Hall of Famer
    Don't look now, K...

...but the Selection Committee's comin' for ya :eek:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ittee-emphasize-quality-road-wins-next-season
    "...programs have manipulated their nonconference résumés by facing solid opponents at home and avoiding road matchups against quality teams before conference play. But this adjustment could encourage a shift toward more high-profile road games for contenders and perhaps the restart of true home-and-home series that coaches have squashed in recent years because of fears they'll damage their résumés."

1 gary-7, Yesterday at 8:06 PM
    soap - new and improved and FlaTarHeel like this.

2. FlaTarHeelJunior
    I love it!
    Those JV non-conference games will hurt even more.

2 FlaTarHeel, Yesterday at 8:11 PM

Reactions: pisgah101
I believe gary has yet another handle to go along with FlaTarHeel. Let me introduce to you "FranktheHeel", pretty sure, aka gary, registerd on July 6th with 7 posts to date. Notice his use of the word "system", a favorite of old gar.

"24-7 about Bacot and his recruitment. He did go on a visit to Dook. From our side, it that we have been recruiting him. He lists Hu as his main contact. He also did say that he has not really heard from Roy. He seems like a big that would really work in our system."

450 FranktheHeel, Yesterday at 9:12 PM

Last edited:
I believe gary has yet another handle to go along with FlaTarHeel. Let me introduce to you "FranktheHeel", pretty sure, aka gary, refisterd on July 6th with 7 posts to date. Notice his use of the word "system", a favorite of old gar.

"24-7 about Bacot and his recruitment. He did go on a visit to Dook. From our side, it that we have been recruiting him. He lists Hu as his main contact. He also did say that he has not really heard from Roy. He seems like a big that would really work in our system."

Lmao.... I love the "he lists Hu" as his main contact, like him and ol laughing machine Hubie are buds!! OFC

Reactions: KellenPatrick
I believe gary has yet another handle to go along with FlaTarHeel. Let me introduce to you "FranktheHeel", pretty sure, aka gary, refisterd on July 6th with 7 posts to date. Notice his use of the word "system", a favorite of old gar.

franktheheel?. I'm convinced that this person with multiple personalities is posting from the nervous hospital. OFC

Sky had to ruin a great snack and bring HOF Coach RoyKnew in on it-OFC

I heard he turned tyler hansbrough onto potted meat and told him if he stayed for 4 years he would but him all the Rose brand cans of potted meat he wanted and hansbrough couldn't turn it down. What tyler didn't quite get if he had of went NBA after his soph year he could have bought the Rose potted meat company and got the vienna sausage division with it. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I heard he turned tyler hansbrough onto potted meat and told him if he stayed for 4 years he would but him all the Rose brand cans of potted meat he wanted and hansbrough couldn't turn it down. What tyler didn't quite get if he had of went NBA after his soph year he could have bought the Rose potted meat company and got the vienna sausage division with it. OFC

Perfect for the "HOT DOG" he is!!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Sky tell our good friends one of the great joys in life they've missed out on is "potted meat." Maybe a Cheerwine or Nehi Orange drink to go w/it! OFC

Yep that's correct. Most sophisticated people not from the south consider snails and fish eggs a delicacy. Come on fish eggs and snails. Gimme a break. Nothing wrong with potted meat, deviled ham or vienna sausages. The Cheerwine and Nehi Orange, Strawberry and peach soda are things to fight about when they come in a glass bottle ice cold. OFC

Yep that's correct. Most sophisticated people not from the south consider snails and fish eggs a delicacy. Come on fish eggs and snails. Gimme a break. Nothing wrong with potted meat, deviled ham or vienna sausages. The Cheerwine and Nehi Orange, Strawberry and peach soda are things to fight about when they come in a glass bottle ice cold. OFC

Man Sky you got me cravin a Nehi ORANGE!!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Well according to John Boy and Billy, potted meat is peckers and lips

How does John Boy and Billy know. It doesn't say that on the label. I know who John Isley is. Don't know him personally but know many people who do. He grew up the town next to mine and our city limits border. I used to listen to his show and liked it but they had very little air time because it was mostly commercials. I've heard John Boy say this and I'm pretty sure he's eaten a can or two of potted meat. Now let's get back to those snails. What part of the body are you eating there. The whole thing and that includes it's doo doo. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT