ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Virginia Union

Man we are so fortunate to have these uk fans come here and inform us on what’s gonna happen November 6th. I mean, I love these guys. What would we do without them. I thank y’all from the bottom of my heart.

Yea, I don't think Travis will be an issue, those muscles are so big, he's gonna have to take a lot of plays off. You guys have probably never seen him play a full game, just youtube videos, but I watch him closely, lots of breaks, drinks a lot of water on the bench too, that could be an issue down the road for sure, that extra water weight is gonna destroy his knees.

Man we are so fortunate to have these uk fans come here and inform us on what’s gonna happen November 6th. I mean, I love these guys. What would we do without them. I thank y’all from the bottom of my heart.
Lmfao. What would we do without them giving us our much needed insight on our players. Lord knows we have no clue.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Yea, I don't think Travis will be an issue, those muscles are so big, he's gonna have to take a lot of plays off. You guys have probably never seen him play a full game, just youtube videos, but I watch him closely, lots of breaks, drinks a lot of water on the bench too, that could be an issue down the road for sure, that extra water weight is gonna destroy his knees.
Damn Show!!! HAHA

Keep in mind when I'm saying his motor I'm just saying stamina. The kid hustle hard and that's great to see and a tired Zion is better than 80% of college basketball. But when you have heavyweights sometime its the small things and like you said the shooting has to open up lanes. Can Zion shoot is a question, but I think he shoots it good enough. But his strength is getting into the lanes and with his size he cant tough anyone or it will be a charge cause they will go flying. I have said this wont be Duke best team Nov 6, but it will be interesting watching these teams go head to head. But March is when I think they will meet up for a classic.

Zion will be just fine. In a big time game, there's no "i'm tired". also with the way the whistles are blown in college he will have plenty of time for rest.

/\

I detect sarcasm.

Zion will be just fine. In a big time game, there's no "i'm tired". also with the way the whistles are blown in college he will have plenty of time for rest.
That’s it ....Zion’s doomed and is fat and will get tired...Saying my prayers and crossing my fingers hehehe Dachamp has spoken! .....and he’s never right sooooo.....damn :D

I don’t see how UK fans have the time to let alone keep up with Duke, but come here and try to have a conversation .....Wooo

Both are true. Could get through with heart and toughness but you have to be in good shape to do that. It’s also true that he could be tired from having to guard two power players one of which is just as strong or stronger than him. It’s not going out on a limb to say that considering no one on the bench can sub in for him for too long without the game being impacted. Same with the other freshmen

Thank you for the complete analysis of Zion. And yes I played basketball through out high school as well. Let me speak on what I've seen as well with over 20 years military service. The last thing you can judge a person by is their build or all out hustle for a certain time and figure he will be exhausted, like a lot of you RR fans that seem to know everything about him. One thing you can't judge is a person heart. So all this crap about he will be tired, his weight, and whatever you and your other ky posters can come up with, applies to your guys just as well. At the end of the day, it boils down to heart and fighting past that comfort zone. I'm sure you already know this based on you letting us know you played ball before.

I'm not questioning the man heart. I know he wants and can see it. Zion has always played with the intensity. I spoke earlier about seeing a few of his games in person. At the same time I can see where he runs on empty and military or not, a person with that much weight (not calling him fat at all) takes a toll on the body. Its no secret players like Lebron slimmed down to conserve energy and easier on the knees. Lebron is maybe one of the greatest athletes ever and he still cramp up and is exhausted. So what I'm saying is if you play the way Zion does its going to happen. Especially when you cant go to the bench for extended periods like other teams can. His game is get the rebound and go, its all full speed. But playing AAU ball and H.S. he never had to deal with big men pushing him around and having to fight for much. It will take a toll. I been a huge fan of his, but facts are facts. If you watched more than his youtube highlights you can see how he gets gassed. Look at right before he came out last night for the first sub. This is not saying he horrible or anything. He will be the 2nd best player on the floor regardless, just pointing out the small things.

You’re full of it

Both are true. Could get through with heart and toughness but you have to be in good shape to do that. It’s also true that he could be tired from having to guard two power players one of which is just as strong or stronger than him. It’s not going out on a limb to say that considering no one on the bench can sub in for him for too long without the game being impacted. Same with the other freshmen
But uk’s freshmen won’t get tired.....gotcha

With all the tv timeouts, coaches timeouts, ft's, and first game of the year, I call bs on these18-22 year olds being gassed. Now each team may be a little winded after the first 2 minutes from being hyped up and the adrenalin rush, but both coaches have coached long enough to have their players ready. UK fans are just scared they might lose again to Duke.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Loved Zions hustle and intensity. Just as pumped after a shot clock violation on D as he was after a monster dunk.
Loved the unselfishness and skilled psssing. Cam threw a perfect alleyoop from just inside half court.
Loved how AOC rebounded. Seemed like he had more than the 4 he was credited with. He plays tougher than his build.
Jack and AOC give exactly what this team will meed.

Kind of disappointed with Tre's on ball D.
Need more from Javin and Ques. I think we end up getting it in the end.
Transition D ess bad, but that should be easy to fix with this team's overall hustle and IQ.

Loved Zions hustle and intensity. Just as pumped after a shot clock violation on D as he was after a monster dunk.
Loved the unselfishness and skilled psssing. Cam threw a perfect alleyoop from just inside half court.
Loved how AOC rebounded. Seemed like he had more than the 4 he was credited with. He plays tougher than his build.
Jack and AOC give exactly what this team will meed.

Kind of disappointed with Tre's on ball D.
Need more from Javin and Ques. I think we end up getting it in the end.
Transition D ess bad, but that should be easy to fix with this team's overall hustle and IQ.
I thought Tre’s on ball D was good

In all seriousness I can’t remember one time when I played being tired or even wanting to come out the game. I remember being mad every single time I came out.

If you want to reach and find something you could hang your hopes on does Zion have a right hand post move?....I was looking for something to nitpick, and that’s all I got for ya....Last game if I remember correctly he never used his right hand. I say that having seen him damn near break the rim with his right hand in the past though soooo? Make him go right and you got a shot? Lol. He ain’t getting tired though bet on it :)

Psych, I certainly hope your impression of Tres D is more accurate than mine. Maybe I just expected him to dominate a little more against that team, which wasn't realistic in regard to how K had them scheming things.

Of course but that’s where depth comes in. Banging against Reid and PJ/ EJ is not equal to banging against White and Bolden/Zion. I don’t look at these things through tented glasses. I said the same thing when Duke has MP2 and of course UK fans said so and so freshman is a McDonald’s guy and my retort was he was going against a big athletic grown man MP2 with experience.

But uk’s freshmen won’t get tired.....gotcha

Are you on the left of right???

0dX8t9O.jpg
o my god. I have met people like that before.it takes a fist or a gun handle.

But a lot of Duke fans overlooking depth. Kentucky has bodies and will play with speed.
Let's try and make a comparison that doesn't use Duke or UK, so to remove some of the bias.

Would you rather have a team like the 2018 Miami Heat, Deep and well balanced. Think they had 9 guys average double digits for the year?
Or
Have a team that is extremely top heavy with 3 guys averaging 20+ points a game, maybe a 4th getting 10 but not sure about that?Of course the team with that roster build is the 2018 Golden State Warriors.

Let's try and make a comparison that doesn't use Duke or UK, so to remove some of the bias.

Would you rather have a team like the 2018 Miami Heat, Deep and well balanced. Think they had 9 guys average double digits for the year?
Or
Have a team that is extremely top heavy with 3 guys averaging 20+ points a game, maybe a 4th getting 10 but not sure about that?Of course the team with that roster build is the 2018 Golden State Warriors.
Winning post right here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT