ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Quite honestly this will probably be last Duke game I watch this year...

Ill bet K doesn’t play in the NIt and uses the pandemic as the reason why.

No one on this team should go to the NBA this year. They will get obliterated physically. No one is both physically and mentally tough.

Hurt is the best player but even he is so up and down. If they all stay and actually mature we could become really good in the next two-three years.

No clue why we got out of zone or didn’t go back to it when hurt got his fourth.
I like Goldy, always have but he can’t be in the game at the end of close games. You can’t play 4 v 5. I’d leave him wide open too. Sooo damn frustrating.

We flat out suck no other way to put it...we are so soft it's pathetic...and we have players playing that have no business on the floor

Our guard play is awful, which puts pressure on someone else to score which don't have anyone doing consistently. Roach had 0pts and 2 assists and played major minutes..... Each game its one player....we had only 2 in double figures today....UL had 4, and their guards scored 34 pts. If we cant drive the ball more then we will have to rely on jumpshots and we all know how that goes. I'm afraid this team is missing major pieces and wont get close to the tournament.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
We have non-NBA ready freshman. A whole team of them. We're very inexperienced. Covid has really set us back. This isn't the team we're used to having. This is the type of team that, if everyone stays, could be very good when everyone is in their junior year.

Wendell Moore and Goldwire have that matt jones /TT vibe in that everyone in the universe can see how much they suck at basketball yet still get starter minutes

Reactions: adubmac
I don’t think Goldwire or our two sophomores are the problem. Hurt is the only consistent scorer and goldwire and Moore seem to be the only consistent defenders. The problem is our freshmen aren’t as good as expected. Top 50 recruits are not the same as top 10/top 5 recruits. They’ll grow over the next couple years. This just isn’t our year.

Making shitty comments about BLM isn't helping anything right now. That has zero to do with this team's play.

Instead of BLM warmup jerseys maybe they need “ Learn how to win” shirts
That’s super easy for a coach...it’s not part of team uniform..

K is pandering towards nba talent in the future....if he doesn’t allow teenagers a voice they won’t come here in the future.

He could of simply stated we have a team uniform and that’s not part of it.

But hey at least they will have time to focus on these things because they won’t be playing basketball much longer.

I don’t think Goldwire or our two sophomores are the problem. Hurt is the only consistent scorer and goldwire and Moore seem to be the only consistent defenders. The problem is our freshmen aren’t as good as expected. Top 50 recruits are not the same as top 10/top 5 recruits. They’ll grow over the next couple years. This just isn’t our year.

This is going to sound like I'm bashing Hurt and I'm really, really not. Hurt is a consistent scorer and is doing good work. But he shouldn't be our best player. During the off season, when everyone was talking about how Hurt would be our leader and go-to guy, this is the team I was expecting. Again, he's good. But Matthew Hurt isn't that dude. We don't have that guy.

3 good looks to tie at end...well at least we didn't go down double digits...kids out there trying....offense just seems to exert so much just to attempt to score...and defense not to me horrible, but other teams score so easily with good close outs ...hands in face..and etc....we just aren't getting anything easy...on to the next game

Who cares what the were wearing? You guys are really grasping.

Coach K is just human and ordinary now a days. This OAD crap and displaying players for the NBA has caught up with this program

Rather than thinking our freshman were overrated, it should probably drive home just how special some of our past freshman were. Every blue blood program is struggling with their freshman. They can't ALL be overrated.

We flat out suck no other way to put it...we are so soft it's pathetic...and we have players playing that have no business on the floor
We aren’t good, you’re right. But do you realize how horrible your last part is? “Players playing that have no business.”

By reading your posts, then no one should be playing.

Glad Goldwire is playing the big minutes . Thank goodness he held his man to only 24 points .

UL #1 was a grad transfer who showed what experience and strength does to the 165lb freshman when they match up. He was great. If we continue the pattern of bringing new players en masse each year this trend will continue. Men vs boys usually means men win - until we blend experience, and that means 3-4 yr players who have played significant minutes, with the youth we will have to suffer these types of seasons more and more

So many people are already looking forward to next year with the “we will have this guy back and this guy to pair with what we have coming in” (which we probally won’t) but whos the last player to come back and improve lol. They are what they are and we are what we are....a great place to display your talent

Reactions: NCirishman
We aren’t good, you’re right. But do you realize how horrible your last part is? “Players playing that have no business.”

By reading your posts, then no one should be playing.

Sorry but it's true...some have no business on the floor

Clearly it has every OAD program.
Careful, there are some sensitive Sally’s on here about blaming this on OAD. You’re 100% correct though. Can’t have complete turnover every year and expect to compete the year you don’t have 3-4 top 10 recruits.

No one on this team should go to the NBA this year. They will get obliterated physically. No one is both physically and mentally tough.

Hurt is the best player but even he is so up and down. If they all stay and actually mature we could become really good in the next two-three years.
Of course not, but we know there will likely be 3-4 guys that go.

At least. Isn’t this era of college basketball so much fun?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT