ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Bench stinks. Jack white hasn’t done anything in a month and Javin is just 5 fouls at this point

Don't hang up the phone just yet folks. Granted, Louisville is really locked into this game & our kids are showing a little mental letdown, but it's not over yet. I thought we might have trouble with shooting %, but the "D" is what is bothering me. We are not communicating & slow to help, but if we pick up the "D" and communicate, we can still get this one.
Hang in there, Duke is not going away.
Go Duke!
OFC

Everyone pretty much seems to agree....we got punched in the mouth....Louisville played much much harder than we did in all facets....

Problem is we let it get to 9....we where playing bad but mostly tied or slightly ahead....down 9 now is a huge problem....

They deserve to be up 9, they took it to us. Big first 4 minutes here. Can’t let it balloon any further, would love a run out of half.

Reactions: K-oach Q
Well we all knew this stretch of games was going to be brutal. The guys looked asleep on defense and settled for too many bad shots on offense. Now we'll get to see if they can push through the malaise. I think human nature would have them believing that at UVA would be the toughest game of the season and since they cruised in that one they have it made in the rest of the games.

Good, they deserve a lot of words thrown at them that you wouldn’t say in church. We made a big statement with this funeral talk, a lot of teams took notice I’m sure. Louisville sure did.

Yeah I thought that was a pretty stupid statement he made

2 fouls on Louisville. Some of that is weird acc officiating on the road. But mostly it is a lack of aggressiveness on offense.

We know what our team is capable of. Gonzaga was beating us pretty bad and we battled from that. Louisville is tough but we know what type of players we have. That first half should gain their focus real quick.

UL is beating us in every phase of the game. I don't know if we aren't mentally ready or what but by far the worst we have played this year. Hope Coach K's words wake us up and we come out on fire. Maybe just like we've been on this thread Duke is a little over confident . UL was ready. Who gets the ball to start the second half? If UL has it we got to get a stop. If we have to the ball we have to score right away and then make a stop and score again. The momentum needs to change fast. Just play Duke basketball. OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
We need a pressure release like Jack or Alex....someone has to spark them....I can’t believe how bad Jack has been now since pretty much December....he was looking like such a good role player and he pretty much has been non existent now for almost two months....He even looks scared to shoot now....

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
I’m guessing we’ll know whether it was tired legs or lack of effort. I’m confident the effort will be there this half.

Great teams will grind back and find a way to win. Zion, RJ and Tre will get it done.

I’m guessing we’ll know whether it was tired legs or lack of effort. I’m confident the effort will be there this half.
I don’t think they have tired legs....they have mental fatigue.....they need to get mentally tougher here....

No transition baskets, poor spacing, bad looks from 3, refs not calling much. Bolden ineffective. Defense slow to respond. Can correct this .

our poor shot selection is killing us tonight. We've been able to get away with it the last few games due to talent but not tonight. We've got to work the ball into much better situations

Doesn't seem the 1v1 offensive strategy is working well for us.

Guys are standing around....no movement on offense...surprising out of the half...it needs to change fast or it’s over....this one on one isn’t bringing us back....

Who is the old, fat ref that takes forever to make a call?

Ya think RJ has learned that teams that play duke don’t need bulletin board material?

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
Just like Jimmy V said, we're just completely out of sync on both ends.

RJ has flat out sucked tonight...hell everyone other than Zion has sucked tonight...maybe they needed to have their asses kicked...well they are getting that for sure

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Louisville is playing with a lot of confidence. One of the unfortunate consequences of mailing in a first half on the road. Effort is better, results minimal right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT