ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

What is it about bullSh*t shots going in at the end of the half against us

We're a second half team. Let's make it happen. Keep fighting fellas.

Jack hung back at the whistle after getting hit or poked in the eye and the whole team just went on and left him. Kind of sums up how we played that half.

All I can say is WOW that was bad half of basketball. My dog might be a little frightened of me at the moment lol.

We played mentally tired....their heads where not in it....our concentration on defense was just awful...and offensively was the most selfish half I have seen them play all year....it’s all mental fatigue....will see what happens after half, but they are in big trouble now....let it get away...

Lotta of this is lack of toughness, focus and energy but we need a much better game plan as well. The yearly game of our over play on D killing us. I’m nervous - doesn’t happened often, never with these boys. We didn’t bring it

There’s no X’s and O’s that need to be adjusted, it’s simply a matter of showing up in the second half. I know our bench is short and we’ll call it tired legs, I don’t think so. We are young and we are full of ourselves. That was a reality check half.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I'm not sure what Alex did to get yanked back out of the game. RJ has played extremely bad the first half, I'm not sure why all the three's, and can somebody find Jack White? He just got elbowed in the face on the last play. Maybe that will wake him up as well. I can only imagine what that locker room is sounding like.

They are learning tonight that you have to bring it on the road every night when you have Duke strapped on your chest hopefully coach will wake them up at halftime

We do not look the same as we have in the last 2 weeks on the defensive end. The difference is Louisville is keeping us off the offensive glass, RJ is forcing way to much, and we are not playing defense.

Right when you think we found a groove... UL is playing well, and our guys are settling. Awful way to end the half, but we can still win it. Just have to play better. Point blank.

Putting Seth Greenberg on mute for sure.

I loved Jay Williams as a player but I hate listening to him. As far the game Zion and RJ come out mad and possessed and we win.

Lotta of this is lack of toughness, focus and energy but we need a much better game plan as well. The yearly game of our over play on D killing us. I’m nervous - doesn’t happened often, never with these boys. We didn’t bring it

We aren’t forcing turnovers. We aren’t forcing turnovers because we are slow in everything that we are doing. Our defense is predicated on creating chaos. We haven’t seen the holes in our defense most of the year because we’ve been tenacious at creating turnovers. Tonight we are slow and lazy. I really don’t think it is schematic, it’s effort.

Not a pretty half. Other than Zion, everyone else stunk it up. Defense wasn’t sharp, but offense was pathetic.
We have 20 more minutes, let’s see what we’re made of.

too many 3's...UVA was an anomaly....get back to playing around the basket. Mentally it may just be one of those games...back to back tough road games can do that

I bet the boys are having fun in the locker room

Good, they deserve a lot of words thrown at them that you wouldn’t say in church. We made a big statement with this funeral talk, a lot of teams took notice I’m sure. Louisville sure did.

Reactions: pisgah101
Having cam sit really hurt us at the end of the half defensively. He’ll be back in and we will be focused on D. Once we clamp down the O will sort itself out. That nonsense at the buzzer certainly had shades of Syracuse.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Everyone pretty much seems to agree....we got punched in the mouth....Louisville played much much harder than we did in all facets....

Problem is we let it get to 9....we where playing bad but mostly tied or slightly ahead....down 9 now is a huge problem....

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
As good as Duke was shooting the ball last game they are about as bad tonight so far. But hey there is 20min left. The first 5 minutes will be crucial.

Louisville came to play, and Duke didn't. Louisville is very good, they have confidence, and a crowd to feed them. We have to punch them in the mouth and take a little of that pep out of their step. The best part is there are 2 halves in a game, and we still have plenty of time...if we want it bad enough.
Let's do it!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT